Main Menu

Recent posts

C
High Scores - Competition Style / Re: Deathsmiles II Arcade Mode...
Last post by calle - January 05, 2024, 04:36:42 AM
Thank you :) I think I found all the secret items in DSIIX but not in the arcade version. How many cakes are there? I've only found two small cakes first in Field C second snake and Field D the second night before the hands. But there's supposed to be a medium and big cake(s) as well? And also a "summoning spell book" which is an extra bomb?
Last post by EOJ - January 04, 2024, 10:14:14 PM
Nice job, looking forward to more scores.  :righton:
C
Last post by calle - January 04, 2024, 10:52:21 AM
I just improved my score with 50 million! I really love this game, have been playing on and off for short periods since around 2014-2015 and I never get tired of it. The difficulty compared to other Cave games is perfect for me and makes me return. I believe my top score with how I'm playing would be around 500-550 million if I make a perfect run.

484,778,623 - ALL [L=3/5, Bx2] - Casper - PCB (not 100% sure about life and bombs this playthrough)

I'll start updating at Individual style until I feel I've maxed out and come back here with new score :) BTW if anyone would like to share the 2.00 version I'd be really happy.

C
Last post by calle - January 03, 2024, 02:19:55 PM
Hi guys,
My new PB: 431,489,080 - ALL [L=3/5, Bx0] - Casper - PCB

Other Games / Re: Taito LD Game Collection (...
Last post by EOJ - January 02, 2024, 05:33:06 PM
I bought this and just received it this morning. It was about 7900 yen on Amazon JP. Still pricey, but for what you get I feel it's worth it. Here are some pics of the game, the title screen, the training mode, and the config screen for Time Gal.

Although all three games are on one cart, the games show as separate icons on the Switch home screen. Each one required a large software update from the internet when I installed them. They have different options in the config screen. Scores seem to save after power down. I have played through a few minutes of Time Gal and Ninja Hayate. Really beautiful transfer of the original Laserdiscs here. I had only played the Sega CD version prior and this is so much nicer. You don't have to deal with load times either.

Pretty amazing that Time Gal came out in 1985. I'm going to try to beat that first before I tackle the other games, and explore the scoring in some more depth.
Off Topic / Re: Site updates
Last post by EOJ - December 28, 2023, 07:11:33 PM
I added google ads to help pay for the site hosting and maintenance fees, which I've been paying myself for the past 5+ years. Note: Logged-in members will not see the ads, they are only viewable for guests.
Other Games / Re: The "what NON-Cave game(s)...
Last post by EOJ - December 27, 2023, 07:25:10 PM
I've played through the first three episodes of The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, and it's really enjoyable. I'm interspersing some other games in between episodes. I cleared Castlevania Legends, which I had never played before. Pretty good Game Boy game. I then cleared Super C (NES) and Operation C (Game Boy). I hadn't played Super C in about 33 years, but it's just as awesome as I remembered. I played Operation C for the first time and was really impressed by it, though it did feel quite similar to Super C in many regards.
Other Games / Re: The "what NON-Cave game(s)...
Last post by EOJ - December 23, 2023, 11:11:29 PM
I finished Soul Hackers 2 about a week ago. Took me around 19 hours. OK game, nothing special in the end. I liked the characters, overall story, graphics, and turn-based battle system (my fave), but the gameplay loop wasn't that great and the sidequests were so boring I soon stopped doing them. Also the demon fusion got pretty old after awhile. Tokyo Mirage Sessions on the Switch is much better in comparison, but I enjoyed Soul Hackers 2 enough to finish it.

Now I'm switching gears and playing through The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles on the Switch and Castlevania Legends on the Game Boy (NSO version).
High Scores - Competition Style / Re: World Record Scores - Arca...
Last post by EOJ - December 17, 2023, 04:35:47 PM
New Espgaluda WR by Niboshi, playing on the 2P side:

https://twitter.com/JHA_information/status/1736364833619227062
High Scores - Competition Style / Re: World Record Scores - Home...
Last post by EOJ - December 16, 2023, 02:55:54 PM
New Pink Sweets Ver 1.00 Meidi & Midi WR, by Gray:

17,296,210 - 1CC

https://twitter.com/rgrayGM?post_id=1735927026505462013

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o0yuStiVAU

This is higher than the WR with infinitive lives on the PCB!