Main Menu

Recent posts

CAVE Games / The Joys of Aging
Last post by EOJ - September 05, 2023, 06:03:22 PM
I will turn 44 soon and in recent years I have been finding it harder and harder to play with an arcade joystick. If I play "hardcore for score" I tend to get tension headaches (through the muscles in my neck, apparently) that can last for days or even weeks, and sore muscles in my wrists, hands, and chest. Probably the early stages of arthritis. I don't (yet) have these issues when I play with a pad (thank goodness), other than getting sore hands if I play for more than a few hours in a day, so I think I'll eventually just play with a pad.

This is one of the main reasons why I recently sold off all my CAVE PCBs...
CAVE Games / Re: Dodonpachi Daioujou Rinne ...
Last post by brentsg - September 05, 2023, 10:55:25 AM
Quote from: EOJ on September 05, 2023, 12:57:48 AM
I don't think I'll buy this one as I have no desire to play DOJ ever again. But I'm sure it'll be great. I'm hoping a new SDOJ home port follows in 2024, maybe by City Connection. Their Akai Katana and DS/DSMBL ports are great.

By the time a new Ibara port appears I'll probably be too old to play these games. :laugh:

I think I'm already too old to play them, but honestly I don't get around to it much anymore anyways.  Last year I made it a point to platinum all the Fromsoft games ahead of Elden Ring, just to prove that my old man body could still do stuff.
Other Games / Sea of Stars (2023 RPG, Multip...
Last post by EOJ - September 05, 2023, 02:26:21 AM
I bought this last week on release day (I went for the Switch version) and I'm really enjoying it. Played about 13 hours so far. It has really high-quality Neo-Geo-ish graphics, but with Chrono Trigger-type gameplay. Great music too. One of the best games I've played this year, so definitely check it out if you like turn-based RPGs.

https://sabotagestudio.com/presskits/sea-of-stars/
Last post by EOJ - September 05, 2023, 12:57:48 AM
I don't think I'll buy this one as I have no desire to play DOJ ever again. But I'm sure it'll be great. I'm hoping a new SDOJ home port follows in 2024, maybe by City Connection. Their Akai Katana and DS/DSMBL ports are great.

By the time a new Ibara port appears I'll probably be too old to play these games. :laugh:
Last post by brentsg - September 04, 2023, 11:25:38 PM
I'm just catching up on the news.  I heard about the port but it didn't trigger a great deal of excitement.  I'll buy it of course, but meh.

I was going to reply to the earlier posts that were discussing Ibara, but they are old at this point.  I still can't believe I'll have to be buried with my Ibara PCBs, apparently.
CAVE Games / Re: Video link thread
Last post by EOJ - September 04, 2023, 07:14:11 PM
980mil in Espgaluda 2's 360 Mode with Ageha, by LYX:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ_2SEi4kzA

I think this is the WR in 360 Mode (which does not have the Arcade game's tutorial glitch that allows you to score about 5mil more in ST1). It's also a no-miss clear!
Last post by EOJ - August 29, 2023, 05:01:29 AM
Official site with a new promo video:

https://m2stg.com/daioujou/
PCB / Re: Muchi Muchi Pork PCB fixed...
Last post by EOJ - August 27, 2023, 12:24:52 AM
I did the TGA test in the extended test menu. It took awhile, but I found one frame of one sprite that was causing the previous issue. In frame 01E4=228, I found the glitch:

All the other frames of this sprite are fine, for example 01DA=218:

However, after doing this test I played again and still didn't see the glitch on the sprite in-game. Maybe the game is not loading that glitched frame, it's just skipping it? That's the only thing I can think of.

No other glitches were found in any other sprites, thankfully.
Last post by EOJ - August 26, 2023, 08:01:59 PM
I asked about this on the Arcade-Projects forum and received some helpful replies from buffi and rtw:

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/espgaluda-2-cv1000-repair-of-bad-u2-nand-using-jtag.19108/page-4#post-394352

Neither is sure exactly what happened in the case of my PCB, but they post some interesting possibilities.
Last post by EOJ - August 25, 2023, 08:04:50 PM
I played 3 more credits. Still no sign of this previous glitch.

I've listed it for sale in the market forum at a discounted price, because I can't guarantee the glitch won't return. But I've tested it enough today to be satisfied that the glitch is not currently present.

EDIT: Tested 3 more credits, including one on the 2P side in case that made any difference. Still no glitch!