The "what Cave game(s) are you playing right now?" thread

Started by EOJ, January 18, 2008, 08:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NR777

Lunchbox

Finally I took my balls and started to play DOJ (PS2).
Damn, that game is hard!

No arcades in Spain.

RagingAvatar

I started playing Ketsui: DL (DS) to get my fingers moving at pace in preparation for Mushi Futari 1.5 which arrived today :)

(This is my first post..) I'm new to Cave games in general and am finding them to be very fun and rewarding (I bought Donpachi for PSX the other day too - and found that to be excellent) though I really am terrible at them so far!

Futari Ltd edition with phone card really hurt my wallet at ?100. Ouch.

evil_ash_xero

Quote from: skykid on June 28, 2009, 09:03:56 AM

Currently playing: Espgaluda 2. It's like a game from heaven.  :righton:

It certainly looks it, from the vids. I'm expecting an epic.

Anyway, i'm playing

Do DonPachi DOJ- Got to the last big cannon before the stage 4 boss. I was mighty impressed with myself.
Futari- but isn't everyone?
ESPGaluda- when DOJ pisses me off too much, I play this.

moebinkay

DonPachi on Sega Saturn
DoDonPachi on Sega Saturn
DDP DOJ Black Label on XBOX 360
Mushihimesama Futari on XBOX 360
DDP DFK Ver 1.5 on Arcade Cabinet

Geeb

it's mostly been the occasional credit of DDP for me, recently

Square King

Lots of Dangun Feveron and Progear lately for me on MAME and Mushi 1.5 pretty much daily on Xbox.

JEP

Espgaluda

I'm pretty new to STGs.  Trying to get my first 1cc.  Currently can get to the stage 4 boss.

spl

New shmup fan here - just starting with Dodonpachi but also play a few games of Mushihimesama on PS2.

Hopefully I can get a J360 soon. :)

ageha

currently Mushihimesama futari on the 360
I am in love with the arrange mode

and as soon as I got an old TV back I will play ibara and galuda again on ps2

neofrank

Mushi Futari on the 360, and waiting with bated breath for Galuda 2 .... I LOVE the first one, and am looking to get my but kicked by the second.

Monouchi

Futari BL Maniac 360.

And im finally progressing in the world of CAVE shooters.
I just discovered the tap-shooting, love that in stage 2.

Also now manages to get to stage 5 without dying...and only use one bomb, stage 3 Boss second pattern...  :P

HVL

I guess I'll spend some time with Deathsmiles until Espgaluda 2 Black Label comes. I just did my first run of the year, missed most of the recharges but still ended up with 186 million. :righton:

cstarflare

Espgaluda Arrange to get ready for Black Label. Hit 140mil last night; all the time spent with Futari seems to have improved my skills since the last time I played I was barely breaking 100mil.

zlk

Shalashaska

Think you meant to post that in the video thread?

Been playing a lot of DoDonPachi lately. I introduced two guys I work with to a few shooters (they've never played any) and they took a really strong liking to DDP. They're even having a score competition between the two of them and one guy can already chain stage 1 up to the mid-boss after only maybe 3hrs of off and on play!

ageha

If anything goes according to plan I will be playing espgaluda II BL (360) later this day

I am so hyped!

lmagus

DOJBLEX

Although I can't stand the Now loading screens.

I'll give Espgaluda 2 another try one of these days

HVL

Monouchi

lmagus

cstarflare

Dangun Feveron

I've tried to get into this game on four separate occasions and I think I finally kind of get it

emphatic

Switched to Type-B in Ketsui (Arcade) and loving it.

brentsg

Quote from: cstarflare on May 04, 2010, 06:22:29 PM
Dangun Feveron

I've tried to get into this game on four separate occasions and I think I finally kind of get it

I want to try this, but I don't know anyone with the PCB and I can't get it to work in MAME.

zlk

I am also playing dangun feveron.  I am trying to get a clear on the game with no TLB.  So far I can get into stage 5 but there are many places I am not sure how to best attack and I rely too much on pure luck.  I am using the b-roll-speed 2 ship and am having fun so far.

lmagus

Back to Futari BL after a while.

DS2 arrives yesterday but I wasn't in the mood for it after a whole playthrough

HVL

gsl

Working up to a clear in Futari 1.5 Original before Deathsmiles hits and I sink all my time into that.   I've gotten to stage 4 a few times. :(

Futari BL Original plays a lot easier after staring at 1.5 for a few credits, though.