Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label [JP X360, February 3rd, 2011]

Started by GaijinPunch, November 26, 2010, 04:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njiska

Quote from: EOJ on November 26, 2010, 02:08:12 PM
Elixir's confirmation from shmups

:facepalm:

That guy is a complete moron.

The retail version of DFK BL does not require the original DFK 1.5. It's a standalone disc release. How do I know this? Because I can read Japanese. On Cave's DFK BL X360 page they state that only the DLC DFK BL requires DFK 1.5 and the original DFK 1.5 is not included in the DFK BL package release.
Awesome. Anything that proves Elixir wrong is good in my book. Still seems like a weird price for a full release, especially as it contains as much as a normal release.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

Strider77

QuoteThat guy is a complete moron.

and a douche...   

Sapz

Now the initial excitement's worn off, I'm really curious how the new mode will play out in terms of scoring... it looks like an interesting cross between the chaining of DFK and point-blanking of Ketsui, with maybe the chips adding to the total chain? I'd also hazard a guess that you can't get 10s unless you have the BL rank bar in the red, since only 5s appear right at the beginning of the clip. Of course, this could be completely wrong, but it's fun to speculate. :laugh:

EOJ

Quote from: njiska on November 26, 2010, 04:13:38 PM
Still seems like a weird price for a full release, especially as it contains as much as a normal release.

Well, if people buy both the DLC (for easy, cheap BL mode play within the DFK 1.5 game menu) and package version (for the arrange mode, extra 1000 achievement points, fancy DVD case, artwork, and manual, and archival purposes), then it's closer to a normal price. I'll be doing that, and maybe Cave thinks others will too. :)

It comes out over 2 months later, and many will view it as just an "arrange" version rather than a real separate game, so I can see why the price is lower (plus only 3 modes and one is a 'novice' mode which is sort of a throwaway). I'm a bit surprised it won't be cheaper actually, I would have expected it to be around 4000 yen. I wonder if they will make a small print, like 5000~7000 copies? Might be good to preorder this one early just to be safe.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

hipgnosis

Preordering this as soon as it is available. Kinda odd Cave announced it right after 1.5 was out. It might take some of the sales of the 1.5 version.

Lusche

i'll be getting the dlc and the boxed version too ...
but february is a bad month or a good one, it depends on how you see it. too many games too less time (dfk bl, dfk bl arange, ps and mmp)

i hope the arange mode ost will be a remix of the ketsui soundtrack like the one in the preview

Kewing

Wow, that caught me offguard. Also that's got to be the most awesome crossover cover ever.
The new arrange mode looks insane, with lots of stuff onscreen. I wonder if it will come accompanied by an nigame remix soundtrack (let me guess... hmmm DLC like DSIIX maybe? wow that was hard  :rolleyes:).
However I'm with EOJ on the price issue. Considering they have already practically all of the porting and graphics done, 5000 is a bit on the steep side. It should be slightly lower than 4k yen. Either that or the DLC should be 800 MSpoints.
Still, I'm really excited about it and will most surely get it. Could we get to see a Hibachi/Doom crossover? I think the universe would implode because of the difficulty.

(DFK just shipped as I was writing this. Oh, yess)

emphatic

Well, if the arrange mode has a remixed soundtrack, don't ya'll think it's worth it? Also the OMG factor of mixing DDP with Ketsui should sell every copy they'll ever print. I just hope that they won't go crazy and make the "package version" region free just because they can  :-*

EOJ

Quote from: emphatic on November 26, 2010, 05:43:27 PM
I just hope that they won't go crazy and make the "package version" region free just because they can

That won't happen.

On the bright side, perhaps a DFK complete version with all modes from 1.5 and BL will be localized in late 2011 or 2012 in some Western country?
My score archive

bad-joey

Quote from: emphatic on November 26, 2010, 05:43:27 PM
Well, if the arrange mode has a remixed soundtrack, don't ya'll think it's worth it? Also the OMG factor of mixing DDP with Ketsui should sell every copy they'll ever print. I just hope that they won't go crazy and make the "package version" region free just because they can  :-*

That banner is too cool! Ketsui! Yes!

skykid

Quote from: Strider77 on November 26, 2010, 04:28:20 PM
QuoteThat guy is a complete moron.

and a douche...   

And a twat. If his grasp of Japanese is so vague, why he assigns himself deputy of all major Cave threads and news updates is beyond me.

Thanks for the clarification EOJ.

Anyway, the realisation has just dawned on me that BL original + BL arrange modes are not on the Ketsupachi release. So essentially, I still need to buy DLC for 1.5 to play BL original.
Wack.

So that's

1X DFK 1.5 LE
1X 1400 MS points
1X Ketsupachi

Christ, they know how to milk it eh? Maybe in future all arrange modes will come as full priced releases.  ???
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

EOJ

Quote from: skykid on November 26, 2010, 08:09:50 PM

Anyway, the realisation has just dawned on me that BL original + BL arrange modes are not on the Ketsupachi release.

Don't know why you'd think that. The DLC version and package version are identical except the package version ALSO includes the Ketsuipachi arrange mode. 2 modes in DLC version, 3 modes in package version.

Quote from: skykid on November 26, 2010, 08:09:50 PM
[If his grasp of Japanese is so vague, why he assigns himself deputy of all major Cave threads and news updates is beyond me.

He doesn't know much Japanese (by his own admission), and seems to rely on machine translations, which he then cleans up. Pretty much anyone can do that, though, and it leads to mistranslations in the majority of cases.

I hope this will show people that they should not listen to the guy when it comes to any info originally written or spoken in Japanese. Just stick to cave-stg.com for the accurate info and you'll have nothing to worry about.  :righton:
My score archive

KOMA

Ketsuipachi sounds the coolest arrange mode cave ever made!Can't wait!

THE

:o

To which unholy gods, do I need to pray to get this released on SH3?

Cave make it happen, we all now you can sell 100 PCBs in a heart beat of it =D
The future is 2D

EOJ

SH3 could never handle Ketsuipachi. Even BL breaks it in some sections of the game.
My score archive

THE

Yeah, I know  :'(

The SH3 is IMO not acceptable anymore...Cave really should get a new board.
The future is 2D

skykid

Quote from: EOJ on November 26, 2010, 08:12:12 PM
Don't know why you'd think that. The DLC version and package version are identical except the package version ALSO includes the Ketsuipachi arrange mode. 2 modes in DLC version, 3 modes in package version.

Sorry. I was having another very late night browsing session on shmups and misread a post.  :facepalm:

Quote from: EOJ on November 26, 2010, 08:12:12 PMHe doesn't know much Japanese (by his own admission), and seems to rely on machine translations, which he then cleans up. Pretty much anyone can do that, though, and it leads to mistranslations in the majority of cases.

I hope this will show people that they should not listen to the guy when it comes to any info originally written or spoken in Japanese. Just stick to cave-stg.com for the accurate info and you'll have nothing to worry about.  :righton:

Makes sense to me! :righton:
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

ArcadeSTG

Quote from: THE on November 27, 2010, 03:59:45 AM
:o

To which unholy gods, do I need to pray to get this released on SH3?

Cave make it happen, we all now you can sell 100 PCBs in a heart beat of it =D

I was thinking the same. It will be great to see that game on a pcb.
I guess sh3 is not powerful enough to run ketsupachi but death smiles 2`s hardware could be. That would be the first "console to arcade" release by Cave (as capcom did with ssf4).

neomoe

This is great news...but I'm a little surprised at the timing.

Now, don't take this the wrong way....but I've been wanting to play DFK longest time (up until now I've just been watch youtube vids :)) - but w/ such an awesome version of BL coming out so soon after 1.5' release, I kinda feel it is stealing some of its thunder.

I mean, after getting bl, am I going to have much incentive to keep playing 1.5?  I'm not so sure.  I have to be honest, I haven't read up so much on the differences between them.  But it kinda makes me feel bad for dropping $80+ on 1.5, only to have it potentially overshadowed by BL within just a couple of months.

Again, don't get me wrong, I'll be pre-ordering BL as soon as NCSX?PA opens them up. but I just hope 1.5 doesn't become obsolete and sit on the shelf untouched after BL's release. 

Well, I shouldn't complain, I guess this is a good situation to be in.  The more Cave, the merrier :)

EOJ

BL and 1.5 are very different games. Not sure which one you'll like better, but generally speaking you should never assume BL=better version.
My score archive

neomoe

good point.  the only BL's I've played so far are DOJ and Espgaluda 2.  Enjoy DOJ BL alot (even with the bugs), but not a big fan of Espgaluda 2 (standard or BL).  I haven't downloaded the BL content for Deathsmiles or Futari yet - mostly because I am lazy...and I probably wouldn't have downloaded DFK BL either anytime soon.

So now that I think about it, I am happy DFK BL will be released on a retail disc since it'll prompt me to actually get it rather than keep putting it off as I have for the other games dlc :)

moozooh

Arrange A, B, and 1.51 are more than enough of a reason to get the 1.5 disc. You have a somewhat improved version of the main game, a DOJ crossover, and a batshit crazy score attack mode. Quite a thunder to steal!
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

lmagus

not to mention the completely different soundtracks!

i'd play 1.5 for it's sound track alone even if there wasn't such a differece between the two games =P

i like them both a lot, but they are very, very different.

i can't wait :s

Shalashaska

Is it possible that the retail version will unlock the BL content in 1.5?

EOJ

My score archive

njiska

Quote from: EOJ on December 02, 2010, 02:05:20 AM
I'd say no, as it's a totally separate disc/release.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. There have been cases in the past where a retail release is used to unlock content in the main game. Though being Cave it's anyone's guess if they'd be this nice. I'd certainly like this to happen so I don't have to keep switching discs.

Then again I plan on spending much time with Ketsupachi so it may not be a big deal.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

moozooh

It might be the case that if you install 1.5 first and then BL both on the HDD BL might be available via 1.5's menu, but I wouldn't count on that.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

MX7

Still reeling from this announcement. To be honest, I'm most looking forward to playing DFK-BL for the soundtrack, but the thought of a YGW remix of this awesome game is almost as exciting  =D

Shalashaska

Quote from: moozooh on December 02, 2010, 05:33:49 PM
It might be the case that if you install 1.5 first and then BL both on the HDD BL might be available via 1.5's menu, but I wouldn't count on that.
Yeah I'm hoping this, maybe a save file check, or maybe even a code included with the disc release but that's all wishful thinking. I'll definitely get the disc release but it would be nice to fill out the menus in 1.5 and have access to BL there without having to pay twice (which I'm sure I'll do anyway).

EOJ

I don't think BL disc release will let you play BL via 1.5 if you install it on the hdd. First, there's no mention of such a feature on the official website. Second, if they did that, people could just install it to their hdd, pass it round to all their friends to do the same, and sell the game. It's like getting the DLC for free. It would kill sales.
My score archive