Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label [JP X360, February 3rd, 2011]

Started by GaijinPunch, November 26, 2010, 04:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njiska

Quote from: EOJ on December 05, 2010, 01:08:39 PM
I don't think BL disc release will let you play BL via 1.5 if you install it on the hdd. First, there's no mention of such a feature on the official website. Second, if they did that, people could just install it to their hdd, pass it round to all their friends to do the same, and sell the game. It's like getting the DLC for free. It would kill sales.

Well they could take the Rockband approach and include a code that would allow you to download the files for Ver 1.5. That guarantees no more than one install per disc, and we know Cave loves it's DLC codes.

Still i think it's a bit early for this kind of speculation. We most likely won't here anything about the feature, if it's even a feature at all, until closer to release. For now I'm far more interested in Zatsuza.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

Special World

Started listening to Crystal Flash by Virt, and I am super pumped that this guy is doing the Arrange ST.

I thought the music in the PV sounded awesome, and this confirms it.

So pumped.

EOJ

Another reason to get the disc release, or at least that's what Cave hopes you will think.  :)
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

moozooh

Oh hey, so the arranged soundtrack is being done by virt! That's an interesting diversion. I know virt's stuff ? he's a very fine composer who knows his way with arrangements (the first work of his that I heard was the acclaimed Crystal Flash for Super Metroid) and is no stranger to shmup soundtracks in particular (check out this excellent homage to 80s era Gradius anthems). He has a lot more awesome tracks on his site, most of which I never heard before. I'm sure the arranged soundtrack is in good hands.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

I can't help but wonder if they hired Virt to make a Daifukkatsu release (w/ 1.5 + BL content on one disc) more attractive to Western publishers.
My score archive

cstarflare

This is awesome, virt rocks.

I wasn't a huge fan of the BL soundtrack, but I'm really looking forward to this.

Sapz

charlienash87

really neat how they came up with zatsuza. glad they went with that and didn't choose dexwyde
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

njiska

Ending of that PV was awesome. I love how they do the slow roll back. So looking forward to finally finding out what he is and how to fight him.

moozooh

Still going to bet that it's buffed-up Hibachi from DDP. The second pattern should just uniformly cover the screen with bullets. :P
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

CIB

can't wait to get my hands on this dvd.
Man, the B-type power score is just  :o :o :o :o
And zatsuza, wondering if it will be something ELSE than hibachi or something MORE (making it even harder  :oogle: )
My bet: strong mode (just as I thought initially), no miss no bomb  :whyioughtta:

Shalashaska

I'm also really looking forward to seeing Zatsuza. Is he/she/it the longest undiscovered boss in a Cave title yet? I know Bloody Jitterbug was kind of a shock when he was discovered (at least to us) but don't recall how long after DSMBL was released that somebody found him.

cstarflare

I don't recall anyone knowing anything about Bloody Jitterbug until people started hacking the MBL achievements to figure out what the last one was.

brentsg

I hate the cover for this.

As someone that has enjoyed the main game immensely, I don't like that they are pushing the Ketsui crossover arrange to the front.  I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect this mode will end up a bit brokenlike some of the other arranges we've seen.

I suppose that the Ketsui mode is what makes the retail release unique, but it still bugs me.

Shalashaska

My hope is that it's a bit more than simply DFK 1.5 with Ketsui scoring and a remixed soundtrack. Maybe something like replace the hidden mid-bosses with the bosses from Ketsui? Seeing them redone with remixed patterns would be too sweet. And they have to put Doom in there somewhere. How about a fight against Hibachi and Doom at the same time a la the dual Hibachi fight in DOJ Death Label? Eh... but I'm probably asking too much. Guess we'll see.

njiska

Quote from: Shalashaska on December 16, 2010, 06:23:00 PM
How about a fight against Hibachi and Doom at the same time a la the dual Hibachi fight in DOJ Death Label?

You are a sick, sick man.

emphatic

Quote from: Shalashaska on December 16, 2010, 06:23:00 PMMaybe something like replace the hidden mid-bosses with the bosses from Ketsui? Seeing them redone with remixed patterns would be too sweet.

Damn, now I know I'm gonna be disappointed BL Arrange comes out, because your idea is way too awesome to be true. Or isn't it?

Aliquantic

There will be no preorder bonus for the BL release, right? I'm hoping it will be closer to Ketsui than Arrange A/DOJ too... and I'd love to see your ideas to show up, Shalashaska :)

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

What a weird play-asia listing:

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-nmy-71-br-49-en-84-j-70-433k.html

Out of print/out of stock, and it's not even released yet! They really don't want people using their $7/$12 off coupons on this. :laugh:
We'll probably see the ability to preorder it magically pop up on January 1st (the coupons expire Dec 31st).
My score archive

brentsg

I cant wait until this releases in Feb.  I think this is really a great game, one of the best.  I'm anxious for everyone to get a chance to play it.  

I know many are anxious for the Ketsui mode, but the core game is really something to look forward to.  Ketsui mode should be a nice extra.

I'm not going to invest too much in the arrange, as 1.51 had me sold but was ultimately a letdown.

Monouchi

Yeah, Ketsuipachi is really cool, especially if the arrange music is the music that was in the trailer.

But as previous poster said, IMO DFK is an awesome game and with the new music and red mode...well, cant wait to Feb!   :righton:

Kewing

Checked Cave's youtube account just for kicks and look what they just posted 3 hours ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht0CdMTr5KA

Yes, DOOM is back, and he's crazier than ever. Wow, that last pattern was already incredibly hard, but now with the added lasers it looks insane.

Also the music is shaping up quite nicely. I probably will have to pick this one up as well.

"Just a couple more shots desu"

Monouchi

Arranged ketsui music with more heavy guitars....OMG I am in heaven.  =D

Aliquantic

It seems the hypers in that Ketsui BL video don't last for more than five or six seconds... is that a DFKBL change or a tweak for this mode?

emphatic

HVL

Fucking awesome, can't really put it any other way.

They've gone all the damn way, so I still have hope there will be hidden Ketsui midbosses.

Monouchi

...I really want the "Approach your target and attack, your mission starts now..." before the bosses.

I really got hooked by the Ketsui voices when I used all the voices in a prototype game we made at work.  :P

Despatche

bitkid