Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label [JP X360, February 3rd, 2011]

Started by GaijinPunch, November 26, 2010, 04:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thjodbjorn

That's really weird... I got mine automagically. I ALMOST ordered the non-digital 3500 point card, which would have been my second goof of the day. >.<

Sapz

Finally figured out a consistent route to trigger the Ura midbosses with A-B! It's quite tricky to pull off... I'm not sure what the exact conditions are, but it's some combination of not letting any silos get run over, having a maxed rank/hyper bar and grabbing all the bees. The replay is on the leaderboards if anyone wants to see the route, it's currently #1 for A-B on the retail ver. leaderboards. :righton:

supergrafx

I had the same problem with them, ordered 3500 on a Friday and didn't receive a response from PA until Monday. There response was:

Dear Gabriel,

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

I am sorry that the card is not in stock. It may still take a few days to a week for us to receive the stock before providing the codes for you. Besides, you have cancelled the order. If you still want it, please reactivate your order.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Michelle
Play-Asia.com

EOJ

Did you guys PM Gaijinpunch? I'm pretty sure he can just walk down the street and buy a points card.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on February 04, 2011, 02:28:00 PM
Did you guys PM Gaijinpunch? I'm pretty sure he can just walk down the street and buy a points card.

Yeah he was willing to grab one but I didn't want him to have to mess with it.  Plus Play Asia seemed to be instant gratification.  Doh!  At this rate I'll have the disk before the points so I might just cancel PA.

hermosaguy

I really can't get enough of arranged mode in this game!  After all the Ketsui remixes, I thought they tapped it out but these are the best ones yet!

skykid

Can someone clear this up for me, there's some confusion on shmups regarding soundtrack switching:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32742&start=1020

Basically, if I want BL soundtrack on 1.5 Arrange A, do I have to have the DLC? Or, if I buy retail Ketsupachi (as I plan to) is there some sort of download or patch with it that provides this soundtrack switching functionality on the 1.5 disc?

Basically I'm trying to avoid double dipping as cash is tight, but I need BL soundtrack on Arrange A. Thanks guys.  :righton:
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

EOJ

If you want BL soundtracks in the ver 1.5 modes, you need the DLC. I was playing Arrange A with the BL soundtrack last night, and it was pretty awesome. :righton:

Also worth noting is you can view DLC BL and retail BL's leaderboards on either version, though they have different ranking charts. You can only download replays from the version you have.

So far the DLC version has much higher scores (1.77 trillion with B-Power, 800bil with B-Strong (Zatsuza clear)).
My score archive

skykid

Right, thanks EOJ for that definitive answer.

Now what's the fastest way I can get 1400 MS points tonight! Anyone got any spare?  :-X

EDIT: One more thing EOJ, why isn't DFK allowing me to save my scores? I don't even get to put my name in, I keep having to write it down on a piece of paper before the timer runs out. It's not like I'm not doing well enough to get on the leaderboards - I'm getting extends on the 1st boss and making it to 1-5 usually. It's bloody annoying.  :P

EOJ

I don't know about not being able to enter scores. Never had a problem with that. You have the patch, right?

Speaking of glitches, I just tried to watch a DFK BL replay and at the start of the first stage it faded to black and said "game over".  :-\
My score archive

emphatic

Quote from: EOJ on February 04, 2011, 06:56:02 PMSpeaking of glitches, I just tried to watch a DFK BL replay and at the start of the first stage it faded to black and said "game over".  :-\

I got that several times when trying to watch high scoring Arrange B replays (before the 1.5 patch). I guess we'll see a patch for Bl as well in the future. Sounds pretty major.

EOJ

It was my 63bil replay at the top of the C-Bomb rankings. The other three replays I've tried worked fine, though one had a lower score than what was on the scoreboard (scoreboard said 324bil or something, but the final score on the replay was 274bil something).

I also see some glitch with the friend list scores. One of my friends has a crazy high score when I filter by "friend", but it's only up to "Area 2" (like 195bil at the end of Area 2). When I look on the overall scoreboards, his score is much lower.
My score archive

skykid

Quote from: EOJ on February 04, 2011, 06:56:02 PM
I don't know about not being able to enter scores. Never had a problem with that. You have the patch, right?

Yep, patched. Just played again and it let me enter one. Maybe it won't let you enter your score unless you beat your old high score (although I'm unsure if this is what happened.)

Goddamn it's hard to hit 12 digits in arrange A, I really need to suss stage 3 out. The rank is crushing me, but I'm loving it.

Quote from: Killer French Bread on February 04, 2011, 01:27:35 PM
It's the Chinese New Year Holiday, so Play Asia probably isn't open today.

Yep, it's Chinese Lunar New Year, so PA and all the other fellas will be cooling their heels right now.

moozooh

So the new Doom is called HIVAC now? Seriously, HIV-AC? I'm afraid we need to set up CAVE-STD forums specifically for that one. :rolleyes:

In other news, wow. Gaijin power!
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

cstarflare

Strong Style is so fucking awesome

Is it just me, or do enemies start firing more bullets if you trigger the hidden stage 1 midboss?

EDIT: does that guy really pull in 650 billion points from hyper canceling through the doom fight :|

Shalashaska

So how exactly do you trigger Hibachi? I was playing with A-bomb in novice mode, triggered the ura bosses on stage 1, collected every bee, made sure to kill every boss (and even mid-boss) with a full red guage, and no-missed to Golden Disaster but no Hibachi. :'( I died on Golden Disaster so apparently you have to no-miss that fight as well?

Edit: Just read the requirements here (http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=731#more-731) but that's either not correct or maybe you can't fight Hibachi in novice? ???

EOJ

My score archive

Shalashaska

I didn't use any bombs (auto-bomb off) unless using a hyper that takes from your bomb stock also counts as a bomb. I'm thinking I must have failed to defeat one of the bosses with a full red guage. I know I beat them all in the red but maybe one went down without being 100% in the red.  :facepalm:

EOJ

Yeah, not sure about the bomb/hyper thing. Maybe you can only use bomb-hypers freely when you have over the maximum (x2, x3, etc), or only use two that drop the stock below the maximum?

Maybe try with auto-bomb on, and see if there's any difference.
My score archive

Van_Artic

Quote from: Shalashaska on February 06, 2011, 04:20:35 AM
I'm thinking I must have failed to defeat one of the bosses with a full red guage. I know I beat them all in the red but maybe one went down without being 100% in the red.  :facepalm:
if the boss drops large stars when you defeat it, that means you did it right
if not, then you missed the 100% red bar

that is the difference

Shalashaska

Alright got Hibachi to appear. Using hypers from your bomb stock doesn't matter thankfully. I made absolutely sure that each boss went down under a full red meter but I also no-missed Golden Disaster. Don't think that matters; I'm sure I probably just messed up the full red guage requirement before.

I didn't realize the achievements for defeating Hibachi can't be had playing novice. You achievement whores can go ahead and cry.  ;)

drunkninja

I'm kinda sad that training mode for Ketsuipachi doesn't let you enable the Doom/HIVAC fight.  I seriously doubt I'm going to see that anytime soon otherwise, if ever.  Loving this mode since I've been spending some time with it now, though.

dorakyura

Quote from: Thjodbjorn on February 04, 2011, 10:53:19 AM
I changed my order to the 3500 point card, since they didn't send the 1400 point card (it says there's a lead time on that one), and I got it seriously within a minute.

True. Thanks for the hint :righton: I simply failed to notice that the 1400 points had a lead time ...

And PA seems to be back ? replied to my inquiry right away and sorted out the payment issues gracefully :-)

Kaneda

Anyone else not feeling any of this? I used to like Power mode in BL until I saw a high-scoring run and was turned off. Bomb mode feels the same, just slower. Strong has the ridiculous appeal of an Ultra mode but I dunno if I want to bother with that. Arrange is ok I guess. Not as exciting to play as it sounded.

I think having six dozen versions of the same game is starting to wear on me.

cstarflare

I'm not a big fan of Bomb or Power, but Strong is so much fun. It's kind of like Futari BL's God mode.

Arrange is pretty interesting too so far. I can see myself suiciding at the beginning of stages to restore my hyper stock if I ever get to the point where I want to score really well.

emphatic

I finally got my copy of Arrange today and I'm head over heels in love with it after just 1 credit. It gave me the exact same feeling actually of when I first played Ketsui PCB. It does feel a bit strange to have super-fast bullets chase that poor Tiger Schwert, but I don't get any rage when I'm obliterated (like I usually do when I play Ketsui and a good run turns into dodo) because the music, the rain of 10-chips and huge stars everywhere is really intoxicating (to me). IMHO this is the best arrange mode ever.

SuperPang

Does Arrange have different music to DFK BL by default? Mine should be here this week and I want to play Ketsupachi without touching BL and spoiling the surprise when I finally buy a BL kit. Pathetic I know =D :facepalm:
PS. Someone sell me a kit FFS!

moozooh

<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

bitkid

I thought Neo-Arcadia had a BL kit for sale on AO. Did he finally sell it?

Shalashaska

Anybody else having "issues" with the game? The scoreboard, as already discussed, is definitely glitchy. While I haven't had problems yet with replays (though I've only watched 2) I've noticed that the board shows your last used ship for your highest score. For instance, my high score is with B-Power. I played some with A-Bomb and my overall hi-score then showed A-Bomb. I then played some C-Strong and the board then showed I got my best score with C-Strong.

Also yesterday when I powered up my Xbox it was making a weird grinding sound I hadn't heard before. I ejected the DFK disc and the noise stopped. I put it back in and it started up again. When I started the game the noise stopped but all my settings had been reset to default (screen size, BGM, etc.) though my local scores were still saved. When I returned to the dashboard the grinding started again. I have DFK installed so I didn't think it was the optical drive working; it sounded more like the hdd. I was worried maybe my less than a year old Xbox was crapping out but I ejected DFK and tried another game. The grinding wasn't present. I tried a second game and no noise. I put DFK back in and the grinding was back. ???

Anybody else have anything strange happen since installing BL?