Pink Sweets Arrange mode [Strats]

Started by EOJ, March 05, 2011, 12:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

The nuts and bolts of scoring:

-Bomb enemies and missile-type bullets with your rose cracker to increase the multiplier from x2>x4>x8>x16>x32>x64 (six levels total). Each enemy hit by the bomb increases the multiplier by one level.
-All bullets in contact with the rose cracker change into rose medals, which are worth 1000 points each. If you fire a hadou gun, all bullets in contact with the stem of the gunfire produce medals worth 2000 a piece, while those at the round part at the top produce medals worth 3000 a piece.
-Keep the multiplier alive by: chaining enemies (hit an enemy before the timer reaches zero to keep the chain alive); hitting destructible bullets with your shot; bombing anywhere on the screen (this stops the multiplier timer from counting down any further); dying (stops the multiplier and recharges the multiplier timer to max); releasing a hadou gun (multiplier increases to max, and slowly counts down until you let go of the hadou).
-Hadou guns that hit bosses keep the multiplier active until they fade away.
-Bomb ground enemies to pick up roses (these are different from rose medals, and come in a range of sizes and colors) - these are worth HUGE points, especially in stages four and five. Many of the roses are worth 1million ~2million points each. These roses do not appear if you destroy the ground enemies with the shot.
-You get extends at every 10 million points, but you only get a new hadou gun stock when you die. You can hold up to four hadou guns in stock at once.
-There is a special extend at 64 million points - you must have zero spare lives in stock to get this extend. It gives you three spare lives, so right when you pass 60mil, you should suicide all of your remaining spare lives. This will replenish your hadou gun stock, and when you hit 64 mil you'll get three spare lives back.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

lam47

Good info! Thanks EOJ. I wondered why I was getting the roses some times and not others.