Main Menu

Street Fighter IV [Capcom, 2008]

Started by EOJ, March 03, 2008, 08:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

A nice report of the Loke test at Hey in Akiba on March 2nd (in Japanese) here w/ pics:

http://www.kobayan.jp/location_test/sf4.htm

Also has links to some new Youtube vids for the loke test at the bottom of the page.

--
I'm mildly interested in how this game will turn out, it seems like a throw back to old school SF2, which is what I played a lot as a kid. Hopefully the graphics won't ruin the experience for me.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

bitkid

Street Fighter 4 is pretty fun. I played it today for the first time. There was some good competition at the arcade and I mostly got beat a lot. It feels slower than 3rd Strike. As a lot of people have said its more like Super Turbo. One nutty guy on the SRK forum bought 2 of the arcade units for SF4 and hooked it up in his house...that's like $12,000. So crazy that Capcom forces you to get 2 Taito Type X2 units to play versus mode.

I'll wait for the console port.

markedkiller78

Although I initially got caught up in the SF4 hype maching, I?m back to thinking it looks rather ugly.

I hope that it plays well, but those graphics are terrible imo. Hand drawn sprites is the future (and past :) )

bitkid

Seeing it in action up close on an HD screen you notice just how much detail they put in the backgrounds and the character designs. Gameplay is a lot like old school SF2. Every move you do in the game also has a really cool feeling of solid impact. Its hard to describe...the overall design blends together very nicely.

markedkiller78

Quote from: bitkid on October 01, 2008, 06:21:41 PM
Seeing it in action up close on an HD screen you notice just how much detail they put in the backgrounds and the character designs. Gameplay is a lot like old school SF2. Every move you do in the game also has a really cool feeling of solid impact. Its hard to describe...the overall design blends together very nicely.

Well it's good to hear that it plays well & that really is the main thing. I've watched some hd movies, but I'll try to reserve judgement till I actually get to play it