New interview with Asada - more arcade ports coming soon

Started by EOJ, November 12, 2011, 09:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Interesting interview with Asada:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/11/cave-chats-about-vita-plans-and-how-to-make-shooters-rise-again/

Especially these parts:

"Any platform we release a game on whether it be Xbox 360 or Vita we make our games specifically for that platform."

"The PC market is strong and there is a lot of support so this is something I want to keep in consideration. Perhaps, before we develop for PC we will move to the PS3 or another console other than the Xbox 360."

In regard to the PS Vita shooting game:

"Yes, we are planning for it to be an original game. We will still make ports of our arcade games in parallel to this project, but we want to make original games as well."

So they're still making arcade ports. Must be a Ibara/Ibara Kuro pack (which they've mentioned in the past as a possibility) or Mushi 1.5 port, I'd think. There's not much else for them to port at this point. Maybe we can expect a February release for one of those? Here's hoping.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Let_It_Be

Monouchi

Mushi 1.5 is great fun so heres some hoping for that.

Orochi S

Coolio. Ibara/Kuro would be ace, and a great port of Mushi and Mushi 1.5 would be amazing! These are older games, though (well, Mushi 1.5 is new in a way...) - I wonder if they might put them in a double-pack like MMP/PS?

Special World

I'll go crazy if/when Cave announces a Mushi/Mushi 1.5 compilation disc.

Ibara/Kuro would be cool too, but I really, really want Mushi 1.5.

ssfsx17

Just caught this on twitter, need a translation: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201111/14005428.html

It may have a clue about the game being developed for Vita

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

drunkninja

I'm hoping this also means they still have arcade projects in the works.

ASR

Whether it is an ibara pack or mushi pack, I will partake.