New Cave IOS Shooter Bug Princess

Started by hermosaguy, November 17, 2011, 02:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lam47

I had a nasty glitch today. I couldn't move. Couldn't change shot.

Chempop

In the hardest difficulty setting (Hell) the bullet patterns are the same as the PCB/PS2 Port, and the end bonuses should be the same too.  I'm getting 10 mil for remaining lives when I all-clear Hell.

It's a pretty awesome port for $5, but I know EOJ likes his sandwiches.  :righton:

ookitarepanda

Quote from: Chempop on December 18, 2011, 10:34:44 PM
In the hardest difficulty setting (Hell) the bullet patterns are the same as the PCB/PS2 Port, and the end bonuses should be the same too.  I'm getting 10 mil for remaining lives when I all-clear Hell.

It's a pretty awesome port for $5, but I know EOJ likes his sandwiches.  :righton:

I did just notice the Hard and Hell bonuses today. Now it makes sense why the scoreboards for Novice/Normal/Hard/Hell aren't differentiated. The only way to get a reasonable score is to play on a harder difficulty. HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Anyway, I've been enjoying it a lot, but it seems to have a longer initial load time than the other Cave games.

sh00g

Yeah the loading times are terrible. There was hardly any on DFK. The open feint stuff is much more annoying this time around too.

EOJ

I bought this for my ipad 2 as it's only $5, and I was curious about the port quality. I have to say I'm pretty impressed - it has nearly all of the PCB's slowdown in Stages 3 and 5 - especially noteworthy is the slowdown in the Stage 5 midboss! From start to finish it blows the PS2 port out of the water in terms of slowdown accuracy. However, you can't score like the arcade version as you can't do the button tapping stuff, so it should be considered its own game. Here's hoping they transfer this accurate port to a system like the X360 where we could do all the arcade scoring stuff.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

TimingTripod40

Quote from: EOJ on January 17, 2012, 10:43:31 AM
Here's hoping they transfer this accurate port to a system like the X360 where we could do all the arcade scoring stuff.
As well as a version of 1.5 without broken Maniac/Ultra scoring.

ookitarepanda

I guess since Bug Princess 2 has the slowdown control, Cave decided to retroactively add that to the original. Update is online now.