Main Menu

Welcome back!

Started by EOJ, March 24, 2018, 07:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

It took me a few days of work and whiskey but I somehow managed to get the old database working and updated the forum software to stable version. Lots of things remain to be tweaked, and the url is now bl.cave-stg.com.

Long story short: I found this backup of the forum on an old external hdd. I had thought I'd lost it until last week when rummaging through my closet!

There's a lot of great info and discussions in these forums. I felt it was worthwhile to bring it back after 5 and a half years. Hopefully we'll have some good new discussions as well. :righton:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Plasmo

The forum is back! Hello there!  :)

MrTie

Muchi Muchi Spork

EOJ

Nice to see you guys! It seems Plasmo's avatar is one of the few that made it through the transfer without getting messed up or deleted.
My score archive

ookitarepanda

I've been thinkin about this place the last few weeks! Hoping for a good return to form.

Neo_Arcadia

brentsg

pestro87

Awesome! Cheers, EOJ. Used to mainly lurk here but seems like a good time to stop that trend.

SuperPang

Good to have you back EOJ. It's bittersweet looking back over these threads as Cave haven't done anything STG wise in 6 years but here's hoping Exa Arcadia is a success and the mysterious Pink Sweets Suicide Club turns out to be Cave dipping their toe in again.

rtw

Hello gentlemen, nice to see you all, will fix my avatar in a bit 😁
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

chronic1

Hi All -- a very unexpected & welcomed wakeup. :: thumbs up ::

Despatche

Confused, but by no means upset. Welcome back!

EOJ

Really nice to see so many old and new faces!

My 'to do' list for today is to install some useful forum packages, especially a trader feedback system. We had a nice one before but it was one of many things that got lost in the transfer to smf 2.0. Unfortunately smf 1.1, which is what the old forum ran on, doesn't work properly with the current php 5.6. I got it running just barely well enough last night in order to do the transfer to smf 2.0.
My score archive

Let_It_Be

Wow this was a nice surprise to wake up to.

HVL

Wow, talk about a (pleasant) surprise! Glad to see you're doing well EOJ.

I haven't even unpacked my X360 after moving several years ago. Time to rig it up and get some MMP credits in while drinking beer. :righton:

emphatic

EOJ

Quote from: HVL on March 24, 2018, 03:30:16 PM

I haven't even unpacked my X360 after moving several years ago. Time to rig it up and get some MMP credits in while drinking beer. :righton:

I've only played mine a few times in recent years. But I played a few games (Futari, SDOJ, MMP) a lot over the past week. I can't remember half of the strats and my reflexes have dulled. But it's still pretty fun and I can still 1CC MMP and Futari Original.  :laugh:
My score archive

Joe T.

Guess I'm gonna have to start playing Cave games again!  :cool:

EOJ

I just installed the trader system and somehow it retained all the old feedback ratings! That was a nice surprise.
My score archive

Frenetic

EOJ,

Great to see you back and really appreciate you bringing back CAVE-STG!

-F

dan76

Great to see that pm this morning. Just recently I've been trying to get the "sheer grit" achievement on Akai Katana after failing a couple of years ago. This should be the much needed motivation to dig in again.

XBL gamertag: durango76uk
www.1ccgames.com

CIB

Hi all !
I almost fell off my chair when I read the email  :oogle:
I'm soooo darn happy, amongst all the gaming internet communities I've been a member over the last 18 years, none had the same friendly felling than cave-stg :)
I don't play shmups almost since the forum disappeared but will certainly check new messages here every now and then  :) :) :)

ssfsx17

This is the forum that got me into CAVE games! Glad to see it back!

Now if only the rest of their backlog would come to Steam...

jyumi

Well this is a blast from the past.
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

brokenhalo

Talk about a blast from the past. Good to see you back EOJ. Hope the last 5+ years have been good to you.

SomeMist

Had some fun looking through the threads and seeing your old high score list. Apparently still far away from most scores :P

xygax

Only ever been a lurker with no account, just made one to say congratulations for the fukkatsu!  :righton:

Blue_Rei

Had an "Important" email from EOJ and I was like....WHA?! Haven't heard the name "CAVE-STG" in quite a while, but I knew immediately what it was! Welcome back EOJ and everyone! My avatar was messed up but I had the original file since I just copied folders from my old laptop a few months ago. ^_^

Sumez

Welcome back! :O

edit: Seems that was my first post here. Interesting