The Stuff You've Bought thread (with pictures, ideally)

Started by EOJ, May 15, 2008, 02:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I won't know until I play through it.  ;) So far V is still the best one on the DS, so I'd recommend you get that one.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

gsl

I'll look into picking it up once I've cleared a few more unfinished games from my plate.  Still need to beat Etrian Odyssey II (as one example); the gameplay is such that I can pick it up and play it for four or five nights in a row, then set it down for two weeks and be able to jump right in where I left off.  Not many RPGs can make that claim, especially if they're more story-heavy.

On games I recently purchased, I finally picked up Raiden IV once Gamestop dropped the price to $19.99.  I'd been on the fence with it for a while, and that was the final convincing I needed.  Having put some time into it, I feel sorta bad for not getting it at the original $40 price point--it's certainly challenging and well put together.

It blew my mind logging into Steam last night and seeing that somehow STALKER: Call of Pripyat had snuck quietly onto US shelves without my noticing.  I grabbed a physical copy in town today and will get to playing it after I replace the IDE cable that's keeping my DVD drive on the fritz, and after finishing Psychonauts.  Shadow of Chernobyl was probably the most amazing PC game I've played in years (caveat: haven't finished Bioshock), and while Fallout 3 was really impressive, I think I enjoyed SoC a lot more, warts and all.  I didn't hate Clear Sky as much as most people, but it was definitely a net step backward from the first.  Reviews have CoP as being a return to the style of the first while retaining a lot of the good mechanics of Clear Sky, so I'm not sure how it could get any better.  Oh wait, if I had a DX11 or even DX10 card.  Then it probably couldn't get any better.  Maybe with a quad-core Phenom.

EOJ

Two awesome JP X360 RPGs, a couple shmups, and a new Hori X360 pad. I'm not digging Ultimate shooting collection, in fact I've already put it up for sale if anyone wants it.  :laugh:
My score archive

gsl

Yikes, that was fast.  Milestone just not your style?  I need to put more time into it; it's been enjoyable but the Wii is unfortunately on the living room TV which is old and blurry and the 360 is dominating the sharper (component enabled) TV in the office.  Still, I really enjoy Radilgy, and Karous looks to have a neat system as well.  Had the Chaos Field release for Gamecube for a while, and meh...

EOJ

Yeah, I don't dig the Milestone stuff. Lord knows I've given their games enough tries. I owned all these games on the DC back in the day, couldn't get into them then, tried again now, and I still feel nothing but "blah" when I play them.

I'll try Ilvelo when it comes out in April, though.  :righton:

My score archive

gsl

Don't you mean if it comes out in April?

dcharlie

QuoteTwo awesome JP X360 RPGs, a couple shmups

EOJ, how much did Ziria cost you? i've noticed it's spiraling upwards and it's one of the few games i've not picked up.

Purchases - no pics, but -

Bioshock 2 (X360)
Aliens vs Predator (X360)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Pacland, blood brothers, Side arms, Commando, Kung Fu Master, Altered Beast, SPY Special Project Y (PCB)

and these lovelies :

EOJ

Quote from: dcharlie on February 21, 2010, 09:00:32 PM

EOJ, how much did Ziria cost you? i've noticed it's spiraling upwards and it's one of the few games i've not picked up.

I had to resort to ebay, got it for about $70 shipped. Used but in excellent shape. Worth every penny! You really need to get this game, it's the best RPG on the system (unless all you care about are "next gen graphics" or you hate turn-based RPGs), probably the rarest too. I'm loving every minute of it. It's not perfect, but it's incredibly fun and the story is free from the usual cliched JRPG garbage.
My score archive

dcharlie

Quoteunless all you care about are "next gen graphics" or you hate turn-based RPGs),

whilst i enjoy Fallout 3 etc, i specifically miss turn-based RPGs - at least on next gen systems, the portables still have a good smattering (including the god like Eterian Odyssey).

Awesome, will add it to the look out list. Thanks :)

dcharlie

QuoteI really should get this.

the gameplay itself is pretty awful. QTE's are bad as it is, but QTE's with out the ability to die ? it results in things playing out a little different but to date nothing seemingly significant has altered about the game. 

Story itself and the way it is presented though is pretty good so far.

dcharlie

Finished Heavy Rain tonight - all in all, quite enjoyed it. Seems there's a lot of different ways the ending can play out.

Core gameplay is still a bit lacking but the story and the way it was told was solid enough to warrant me staying up late to finish it.

HVL

Ordered Otomedius Gorgeous now that the platinum release can be had for $35. It looks like a fun distraction.

lmagus

First of all my US DS game finally arrived. I only bought it for the faceplate, as I don't have a US X360 and I already got the Japanese DS Platinum Version

Then yesterday, my HRAP EX SE arrived. I prefer it's stick to the SFIV TE, but I prefer the Sanwa buttons.

I'm very happy :)

gsl

I thought I was a die-hard Sanwa man, as they were all I ran into in the arcades I visited, and they're what I slapped in my DC/supergun Agetek stick.  I got the HRAP EX SE back in November, and now I'm having a hard time with going back to Sanwa buttons.  They take a nice light touch, but there's a really good balance on the feedback of the Seimitsu's--not too sticky, not too touchy. 

Still think I prefer Sanwa sticks, though, not that I can find anything bad with the Seimitsu.  In any case, enjoy that controller, as it's downright wonderful.

crackfox

Went a bit mad and bought quite a bit this week....
Dodonpachi for Sega Saturn (sealed)
Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou PS2
Espgaluda PS2
Ketsui Ltd Ed XBOX360
Leaving my house may be a problem!!!! :)

thestreetzking

I picked up deathsmiles *us* and been playing like mad (gametag - thestreetzking)

and.. just bought a copy of ketsui death label for ds *with dvd* for a decent price, at least I hope. should be here tomorrow cant wait.

EOJ

A couple great new games to tide me over until Daifukkatsu arrives.
My score archive

neomoe

Most recent purchase has been Baseball Stars 2 for the neo geo homecart/aes

Fun!

EOJ

New arrivals this week:

All really nice games. I got Bayonetta for super cheap from Amazon's black friday deals, and it's a blast to play. So far Tomoyo After (the game on the far right) is a surprisingly good adventure game (it has tactical RPG battles in it too).

My score archive

HVL

Quote from: EOJ on December 02, 2010, 05:22:43 PM
New arrivals this week:

All really nice games. I got Bayonetta for super cheap from Amazon's black friday deals, and it's a blast to play. So far Tomoyo After (the game on the far right) is a surprisingly good adventure game (it has tactical RPG battles in it too).

I'm sure Tomoyo After is a great choice; Maeda's works are superb. I'm hoping to read it someday, but not with my current Japanese ability. :'(

lmagus

It's not exactly new, I bought a wall mount for my plasma so I could rotate it to play.

I didn't install it properly so I always needed the help of a friend to turn it around..

I finally fixed it yesterday and now I can enjoy some tate xbox anytime I want =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQGxYLxG8Yw

EOJ

Updated the thread title to include non-gaming purchases. Go wild!
My score archive

EOJ

Got a nice package from amazon.com today:

"Lost in translation" Bluray, a book on Okinawan history for my bedtime reading, and Ulrich Schnauss's "Missing Deadlines: Selected Remixes" CD (which is incredibly awesome).
My score archive

HVL

Not my picture, though.

Yet another impulse purchase, had to get it as I got a great deal, it's been used for two months and 50% off retail price. Topre capacitive keyswitch goodness. :righton:

drboom

Enough of this new fangled stuff - how about this - Ghosts 'N Goblins circa 1985!
Seller's pic - burn in is not nearly as bad as it looks. Flash really picks it up. Got it at home now, looks brand new - cleanest arcade I have ever owned. I'm stoked! :righton:

Dave_K.

Quote from: drboom on December 15, 2010, 03:36:53 PM
Enough of this new fangled stuff - how about this - Ghosts 'N Goblins circa 1985!
Seller's pic - burn in is not nearly as bad as it looks. Flash really picks it up. Got it at home now, looks brand new - cleanest arcade I have ever owned. I'm stoked! :righton:

That is one bad ass cab drboom!  Congrats!

EOJ

Recent pickups:

Two Famitsu X360 magazines - one with a huge DSIIX spread, miniposter, and Cave developer interview (with many other developers). The other is the DFK issue, with a nice DFK spread, and some cool pics of 5pb's Bullet Soul that I haven't seen elsewhere. I will be taking pics/scans of this stuff and translating it for the main page soon, so stay tuned!  :righton:

Also got FFXIII International for the JP X360. Preordered it over a month in advance from ncsx.com but the bastards didn't give me any of the first print bonus items (episode 1 book, corridor of memories book). That's the last time I order anything that is supposed to include a 'first print bonus' from ncsx.com.
My score archive

lmagus

emphatic

I got this yesterday:

I tried it at a shmupmeet and enjoyed it immensely. Just had to grab it off eBay ASAP.