The Stuff You've Bought thread (with pictures, ideally)

Started by EOJ, May 15, 2008, 02:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkninja

Picked this up over the weekend:

Thing was a beast to move (my arms and back still ache 2 days later), but it's worth it.  The game is great fun.

GaijinPunch

Going to be buying a computer now that my main one took a shit last night. :(

kernow

My recent purchase - and lovely it is too, I totally wasn't expecting it to be so big and heavy.

emphatic

Quote from: kernow on January 07, 2011, 10:21:32 AMand lovely it is too, I totally wasn't expecting it to be so big and heavy.

That's what she said.

gsl

A post-Christmas present to myself:

Matthew Dear vinyl collection.  =D

EOJ

Keroro RPG!

I've only played a bit, but so far it's a pretty awesome, old school SNES-style RPG with a simplified "Tales of" battle system.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

emphatic

njiska

Ketsui Rubik's Cube. Probably the cheapest and shittiest one I've ever owned, but it's still cool. I also got a Deathsmiles poster and 3 half B2 size mushi futari posters. I'll post pictures of them once I find frames. So nice being able to buy this direct from Cave-shop but the shipping to Canada was a bleeding fortune.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

gsl

njiska

Quote from: gsl on January 20, 2011, 02:19:16 AM
So they do ship direct now?

No, they still only ship to Japan, but i've been making use of JapanToDoor.com as a relatively cheap forwarding service. Basically i log on to Cave Shop, buy my items, ship them to my JTD address and when they arrive JTD ships them to me. There's usually a $5 USD invoicing fee and a handling charge based on weight. So far it's added like $20 at most to my shipping. It's a huge help when buying stuff off Amazon that's got a major sale (like 60%+ off).

This order was just expensive due to the size of the posters. Most of the cost was EMS shipping. In this case:

3200 JPY shipping exchanged to $40.15 + $5 Invoicing + $12.55 handling.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

HVL

Umineko Chiru episode 8 and Tsubasa. Didn't bother with the Ougon Musou Kyoku fighting game.

emphatic

Just wanted to share this with ya'll:

I'm running it in 24kHz, so the scanlines you see are produced by the new SLG3000 (scanline generator). Go to my site www.emphatic.se/ to see more photos and also has a link to the product.

Shalashaska

EOJ

Ni no kuni! Biggest DS box ever.

I've played about 2 hours and it's a lovely game.
My score archive

ave

東亜プラン4ライフ

Shalashaska

Not game related but I still think it's cool. =D Colt 6921 if any of you are in to firearms.

EOJ

My score archive

Dave_K.

Quote from: emphatic on February 03, 2011, 06:52:46 AMI'm running it in 24kHz, so the scanlines you see are produced by the new SLG3000 (scanline generator). Go to my site www.emphatic.se/ to see more photos and also has a link to the product.

So its 360 @ 480p > SGL3000 > UVC @ 24khz?  I don't understand why you would want fake scanlines @ 24khz when you have a sweet nanao monitor which can give you real scanlines at 15khz via the UVC?  BTW: pic still looks great, I'm just confused thats all.

emphatic

Quote from: Dave_K. on February 06, 2011, 01:36:02 PMSo its 360 @ 480p > SGL3000 > UVC @ 24khz?  I don't understand why you would want fake scanlines @ 24khz when you have a sweet nanao monitor which can give you real scanlines at 15khz via the UVC?  BTW: pic still looks great, I'm just confused thats all.

Yeah, it's kinda stupid, but I don't really use the SLG3000 in the cabinet, as I prefer the clean 24kHz image. I just happened to have it installed when I snapped this picture (installing the SLG3000 takes less than a minute, switching the monitor from 24->15Khz takes at least 10 minutes) as I tried to see the results for Ketsui and DOJ BL Extra.

drunkninja

My Astro got a new playmate today :righton:

Smoothing off + scanlines through an Emotia does wonders on this game, it looks great.

EOJ

DFK BL retail, and Last Ranker for the PSP (I'll dive into that one after I finish Ni no kuni).  :)
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quote from: HVL on January 25, 2011, 09:54:45 AM

Umineko Chiru episode 8 and Tsubasa. Didn't bother with the Ougon Musou Kyoku fighting game.

Nice pussy.

HVL

gsl

HVL

Quote from: gsl on February 13, 2011, 03:14:18 AM
What's the SSD going into? 

I'm building a new computer based on Phenom x6 1090T and GeForce GTX 460. I'm gonna use the Vertex 2 for OS and apps. I don't want some crappy old HDD bottlenecking anything.

HVL

Finally. Yarr. No time to play so I guess it'll sit around unsealed for a while.

gsl

Quote from: HVL on February 13, 2011, 07:10:05 AM
Quote from: gsl on February 13, 2011, 03:14:18 AM
What's the SSD going into? 

I'm building a new computer based on Phenom x6 1090T and GeForce GTX 460. I'm gonna use the Vertex 2 for OS and apps. I don't want some crappy old HDD bottlenecking anything.
Sounds lovely.  I've been meaning to overhaul the desktop for some time, but I have a ton of other projects that can use the money first, no matter how much I want to finally land a DX10 card. I spend more time on the laptop with work anyway, and I've been toying with the idea of replacing the DVD drive with its current HDD and then getting an SSD for the OS and programs, but the promised boost in speed isn't enough to convince me to drop the cash on one yet.

brentsg

Steer clear of the OCZ SSDs for a bit.  There is a class action brewing, as they've swapped out the NAND that was being used for crappier, slower stuff and not changed the model numbers or anything.  There's currently no way to tell what you've got without cracking it open, or verifying through poor benchmarks.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?84598-Drives-Shipping-With-25nm-NAND.-Q-amp-A

http://www.guru3d.com/news/ocz-vertex-2-with-25nm-nand-flash-reported-slower/

http://www.storagereview.com/ocz_vertex_2_25nm_review_oczssd22vtxe60g

General info about the new tech being used and why new isn't always better:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4043/micron-announces-clearnand-25nm-with-ecc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:  I wanted to add my favorite exchange from the OCZ forums.  Man did they screw this up...

OCZ guy:  No, there is no way to identify the Nand on the drive without opening the drive.

Pissed off user:  What size screwdriver do we need to open the drive as you suggest?

OCZ guy:  Opening your drive voids the warranty, don't open the drive.

I found that pretty telling.