Main Menu

Deathsmiles [Strategy Guide]

Started by EOJ, July 24, 2008, 09:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Special World

I understand that in Power-Up mode you want to let big items break into smaller ones, but does that still apply in +10,000/Fever mode? Do I still want to let them break apart or do I then want to resume grabbing orange crowns?

jyumi

Quote from: Special World on March 23, 2011, 08:25:03 PM
I understand that in Power-Up mode you want to let big items break into smaller ones, but does that still apply in +10,000/Fever mode? Do I still want to let them break apart or do I then want to resume grabbing orange crowns?

You will want to always break them apart while in power up mode + fever mode. Because one gold crown in fever mode would be 2000+10000 which equals 12000. If you break it into 4 skulls, it would be (100+10000)x4 which equals 40400.
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

Special World

Another thing: I watched a superplay a while back, and the player did something on the forest stage which amounts to bombing out of power-up mode and nabbing a bunch of point items, recharging their gauge to 1000 instantly. Is there a certain trick to this? Were they killing the plant-snake enemies to get them to drop big crowns, then bombing to exit power-up mode to nab the crowns, or did the bomb itself kill the plants, emitting crowns?

jyumi

Quote from: Special World on March 24, 2011, 03:42:33 PM
Another thing: I watched a superplay a while back, and the player did something on the forest stage which amounts to bombing out of power-up mode and nabbing a bunch of point items, recharging their gauge to 1000 instantly. Is there a certain trick to this? Were they killing the plant-snake enemies to get them to drop big crowns, then bombing to exit power-up mode to nab the crowns, or did the bomb itself kill the plants, emitting crowns?

I'm guessing you're talking about the Ivy plants at the end of the stage.

The bomb killed the plants to produce max gold crowns and to get out of power up mode. The only thing you need to do for this to work is be in fever mode+powerup mode and hold A+B when bombing.

It's a common and easy technique for the forest stage.

Special World

You are an extremely helpful individual!

Sorry to keep bombarding you with questions (and multi-posting) but I just ask them as they occur to me.

Is there any set difference between the A and B types for characters? I don't know if there's any sort of guideline to go by when choosing my characters, and I usually just end up picking B-type for no reason at all. It would probably help if I could read the text below them, but alas, I cannot.

Been playing this a lot more recently, it just keep growing on me. I usually use Rosa since she slays bosses, but I've been using Follett recently and she's pretty awesome, too. Don't much care for Windia, and I hate playing as Casper.

Got that bomb trick off; that was a hell of a lot of point items. I loved it :D

Then I got hit by Whroom because I'm a dummy -_-

Aliquantic

The choice your get after picking a character is whether you want to see the tutorial (top option) or not.

Special World

Well, I feel kinda dumb now -_-

Thanks!

jyumi

Quote from: Special World on March 24, 2011, 07:38:19 PMSorry to keep bombarding you with questions (and multi-posting) but I just ask them as they occur to me.

It's fine. We all have to start somewhere