Main Menu

Ultimate Shooting Collection WII

Started by charlienash87, August 11, 2008, 01:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlienash87

Anyone looking forward to this? It contains three games (Chaos Field, Radirgy, and Karous) in one and should be released on 9/23/08 in the U.S.
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

Shalashaska

I've only played Chaos Field very briefly (like 10min total with the game) but I'll probably pick this up if only to support the genre and domestic console releases. Any opinion on Radirgy and Karous?

charlienash87

I've only played chaos field and didn't enjoy it very much. I've heard good things about the other two and that they are similar to each other but haven't actually played them. They looked enjoyable from what i saw on youtube
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

soundwave

Wow first I've heard of this...so glad I have a US Wii now :)

Deffinitley need that Hori or Neo Geo stick now then...wont be able to play these without one.

Gonna be a busy September for me now then with all the new shooter releases on the 360 as well  =D

Neil

markedkiller78

I like Radirgy. Interesting shield system & I am a big fan of cel-shaded gfx. I?ve not put too much time into it due to other persuits, namely my elusive first cave 1cc.

If it gets a pal release, then I?ll pick it up, but it?s not worth the hassle of a free loader considering I have them for the DC anyways.

I do have the Hori Soul Calibur stick for the Gamecube. One of the few sticks I have left, so it would be nice to put it to some use :)

gsl

I'm really excited for the collection, even though I already have the US Gamecube Chaos Field release and an import copy of the GC Radirgy.  In fact, I'm kicking myself for picking up Radirgy; it was one of the last purchases I made there, and Wii system update packaged with Castle Shikigami III rendered my Gamecube import boot disk useless, so my only recourse is to do the horrible little swap trick that I'm sure is terrible for the Wii's eject mechanism. 

I've always liked Milestone's games, to be honest; while they are incomprehensible at first once you get their scoring systems down they're a lot of fun to play.  Their music too is quite excellent; in fact, on a technical level, I think Milestone's music is much better than Cave's.  I wouldn't mind tossing the soundtrack for either Chaos Field, Radirgy, or what I heard of Illvelo into my stereo; in comparison, there's only the Espgaluda OST and a few tracks from Ketsui that I'd bother listening to if I were in a non-videogame music mood. 

In any case, if games or collections like this sell well, it could hint to publishers that there is, indeed, a market here for scrolling shooters, and unless the game was a complete and total piece of crap, I'd probably pick it up for this reason alone.