Muchi Muchi Pork! [Strategy Guide]

Started by EOJ, December 12, 2007, 03:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

1.0. Modes
Futsuu (?Normal?) Mode: Just press START at the title screen.
Harahara Mode: At the title screen, enter the code A,B, R, R, C, C, L, B, L, A, A, U, D. You only have to enter this code once, and then it is permanently (irreversibly) saved to the PCB. Then, simply hold DOWN and press START at the title screen whenever you want to select this mode. This mode is the Second Loop in the game, so it is much harder, and many enemy bullet patterns are quite different. It has its own high score ranking chart.
Manpuku Mode: At the title screen, enter the code R, L, L, B, B, B, D, L, U, A, B, R, C. You only have to enter this code once, and then it is permanently (irreversibly) saved to the PCB. Then, simply hold UP and press START at the title screen whenever you want to select this mode. This mode is basically the same as Pink Sweets? Harder mode ? lots of Suicide bullets everywhere. It has its own high score ranking chart.

2.0. Controls
A button: This fires your SHOT. It produces parachuting piggies in the air, and stationary piggies on the ground. It also regularly produces P icons and sometimes produces medals after a certain number of enemies are shot down. Be careful about the non-lard attack triggered medals, they can easily screw up your chain if you miss them. You have to press B then A in order to suck them in.
B button: This fires your LARD ATTACK. The lard attack produces medals from all enemies it touches. Once you let go of B and revert back to A, or your lard meter runs out while you are holding B, you automatically suck in all the medals on the screen. If you use this attack when your lard meter is empty, you fire a small forward shot that produces more piggies than the A shot (particularly with stationary obstacles, such as the houses at the very beginning of Stage 1). However, these piggies only add to your lard meter when you pick them up after switching back to the A shot.
C button: This detonates your BOMB (called a "Bombuu" by Cave, and an obvious pun on Ibara's "Bombaa"). The bomb makes you completely invincible for the duration of its blast, which ends when the bomber finishes running off the top of the screen. All bullets and destructible enemies in its path turn into piggies. Beware that if you use your Lard Attack any time while a bomb is being used, you get a large amount of P icons instead of medals. If you do not have a full bomb when you press this button, and only have part of the BOMBUU GAUGE filled, you detonate a small blast (similar to Ibara). ***Every time you die you get 2 full bombs.

3.0 Display
On the bottom of the screen, you have a display that shows your LARD METER (long meter on the bottom), BOMB STOCK (above the lard meter on the left) and BOMBUU GAUGE (to the right of the bomb stock). When the Lard Meter maxes out, it starts flashing, and a message pops up on the screen telling you to ?Press the B button?.

4.0. The Characters
Rafute (aka Muchi Muchi Yellow): The fastest, smallest character, but also the weakest and hardest to score with. Her Lard Attack is a homing buzzsaw that attaches to any enemies within its range. Her shot is a straight shot with some width. She is the easiest character to 1CC the game with, as well as the easiest character to trigger the second loop. Her bomb duration is the longest of the three characters. Fun trivia: the word ?rafute? is an Okinawan pork dish.
Momo (aka Muchi Muchi Pink): An all-around character, with mid-range speed and power. Her Lard Attack is a straight, wide, chainsaw attack. Her shot is a wide-shot. Her bomb duration is the second longest among the three characters.
Ikuo (aka Muchi Muchi Blue): The slowest, but most powerful character, with the greatest scoring potential. Her Lard Attack is a wide drill enveloped in a blue beam. Her shot is a homing shot with multiple lasers. Her bomb duration is the shortest of the three characters.

5.0 Items
Stationary Piggie ("buuton"): Increases your LARD METER. These are worth 1000 each when your lard meter is maxed out.
Parachuting Piggie ("buuton"): Increases your LARD METER. These are worth 1000 each when your lard meter is maxed out, and are sucked in automatically when you are within a (rather generous) range.
Pork Up Weiner (small): These help power up your shot. There are 4 levels to the shot, with level 4 being max power. Each P icon is worth 5000 points when you have your shot at max power.
Pork Up Weiner (large): Raises your shot one full level. Only available when you die and regain your shot power-ups upon respawn.
Bombuu Ham: Increases your BOMBUU GAUGE a little. When the bomb meter maxes out, you get one full bomb. You can have up to 5 in store at any time (4 bombs plus a full bomb meter).
Medals ("Kinton"): The medal values are: 100-200-300-400-500-600-700-800-900-1000-2000-3000-4000-5000-6000-7000-8000-9000-10000. You get the next value by collecting all the medals on screen with the current value. If you miss a medal and there is no other medal on screen, the medal value lowers 1/10th of its current value (so 10,000 lowers to 1,000, rather than 100). The medals are automatically sucked in when you let off the B button and press the A button.
1-Up: Gives you an extra life. There is only fixed 1-Up in the game, and that is in the Stage 3 midboss. To trigger it, you must destroy the midboss with the B shot when the lard meter is empty. In Harahara mode, however, you just need to destroy the midboss with the B shot, it doesn?t matter if the meter is empty or full.

NOTE: Using your lard attack on ground enemies results in Bombuu hams to appear in their wake, while using your shot results in piggies.

5.1 Extends
Score-based extends are given at every 10 million points you score. There is only one fixed extend, described in the previous section.

6.0 Rank
Yes, this game has rank. It is controllable by suiciding. You are free to score at the fullest potential throughout the game as long as you suicide regularly, much like Ibara.

Things that increase the rank:
-Medalling
-Collecting items
-Scoring (?)
-Boss milking (destroying boss parts, bombing when many bullets are on the screen, etc)
-Having 3+ lives in stock

If you are playing for a 1-Loop Clear, the only noticeable rank effect in the stages will be that it will worsen the longer you continuously play the game with 3-5 spare lives in stock without dying. You will notice the rank quickly increase on bosses as you milk them.

6.1 How to control Rank
All you have to do is suicide, particularly when you reach 3+ lives. This is often best done on bosses and midbosses, as you can incorporate bomb-milking techniques with the suiciding for maximum point increases (the more you do it, the lower the rank will become). It is more beneficial to suicide 2 or more times on a boss, rather than just once.

If you want to get to the second loop you cannot die, so you need to keep the medals low and avoid items and boss milking in the first loop.

6.2 How Rank affects the gameplay
-Enemies get more hit points (Midbosses and Bosses are confirmed, but I am not totally sure about other in-level enemies).
-Enemies shoot more bullets
-Enemies shoot faster bullets

7.0 Loop requirement
You must 1-life the first loop with a full 5 spare life stock at the end of the first loop in order to trigger the second loop.

A bizarre feature in the game is that once you get to the 2nd loop, the normal extends at every 10mil stop, and you can't get them back. In other words, if someone else puts in a credit after that and starts the game from the beginning, the extends still won't be there! You have to physically reset the power to get the extends back. That's sort of a huge bug for an arcade game. Thankfully, it's not a big deal if you play the game at home.

NOTE: In a recent Arcadia there is a new 2-ALL WR, and apparently the guy dies 5 times in the run, but the first death is on the stage 3 midboss in the first loop! Due to a bug in the game, you can actually die at least once in the first loop and still trigger the second loop. Since he died at the stage 3 midboss, he may have triggered the fixed extend here and collected it right after his death, and this may explain what is going on - you can die once as long as you get the fixed extend. More info is needed to confirm this, however.

8.0 Miscellanous
8.1 Tips
-At the start of the game immediately try and raise your medal values to 10K as fast as possible, through quick A shots followed by quick B shots. If you lose your medal chain, repeat this process to get it back up to 10K as quickly as possible.
-Milk bosses with well-placed bombs when the boss is spamming bullets - this produces a huge number of parachuting piggies that are worth 1000 points each. To do this on the Stage 1 boss, you need to destroy all of its parts first, and aim your bomb away from the boss so that you can absorb the piggies without doing too much damage to the boss. Suicide to get a fresh bomb stock, and repeat as much as possible. Be sure to time the end of the boss with a Lard Attack (to get a large burst of 10K medals) instead of a bomb.

8.2 Number of Stage Midbosses
Stage 1: One
Stage 2: One
Stage 3: One (holds a fixed extend)
Stage 4: Two
Stage 5: Three
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Plasmo

QuoteIn the new arcadia there is a new 2-ALL WR
whats the score? did they break 300mill yet?

EOJ

I don't have the score yet, unfortunately. I think we'll see it on the new DVD at the end of the month though.
My score archive

EOJ

Alright, I'm writing the strategy guide right now. Hope to post it very soon. :righton:
My score archive

Plasmo

Just wanted to say that im very looking forward to this one :)

EOJ

Alright, it's posted. If you have any questions, comments, corrections, etc, please post them here.
My score archive

Plasmo

Thanks a lot! I'd really like to try out MMP now...

EOJ

Fixed an error regarding the bomb stock (I said you could have a max of 3 in stock, but it's actually 5).
My score archive

KOMA

Ok,I'm in!
Just received the kit,the one who was on Yahoo 1 weeks ago.It come complete except the promotional CD.:)
For intel the revision board is : 2007/4/17/Master Ver.
Manpuku and Harahara aren't unlock...yet!
Now i have to read your guide and voila!:D

EOJ

Great, hope you enjoy it Koma! It's one of my favorite games.:D
My score archive

KOMA

Quote from: EOJGreat, hope you enjoy it Koma! It's one of my favorite games.:D
Yeah is pretty good.I'm not familiar with the milking boss thing(for now) so my best shot last night was 28M with Rafute.
The high score was 118M on the board,hopefully with yagawa game you can erase the ranking! :lol:

EOJ

Quote from: KOMAhopefully with yagawa game you can erase the ranking! :lol:
Go into the test menu and select "initialize ranking".
My score archive

battle gregor

hi i think your strategy guide should mention that using your lard attack to kill ground based enemies (small tanks,large tanks etc) instead of shot gives bombuu fragments instead of piggies ;)

the first couple of days i was like w.t.f how can i use raizing bomb tactics if theres bugger all fragments?? (i was getting a few from hitting the ground enemies with my lard attack but i wasn't actively seeking to destroy them with it )

EOJ

Yeah, I didn't put that bit in there. I just thought it was pretty basic/obvious. But maybe I'll slap a little blurb about it in there somewhere.:)
My score archive

battle gregor

yeah it's pretty obvious but when i first started playing it deffo took me a while to work out...

EOJ

Alright, I added the info at the end of the "items" section.
My score archive

battle gregor

you got any tips for the 4th level boss EOJ?? i didn't get as much playtime over the weekend as i planned but he's still giving me loads of trouble :(  i unloaded 4 bombs into him last night and still didn't kill the bugger !

zlk

Any chance you or GP could record some replay videos for this game?  There aren't that many full runs out there that I know of (2 are normal mode, 1 manpuku, 1 2-all).

EOJ

There's a 240mil ALL vid with Ikuo up in the Ura Loop section, that's the best vid you'll find. I don't have the ability to record videos, but maybe someone else with the game does.
My score archive

Plasmo

Is there a 2-All replay besides the official one bundled with the OST? And how bad exactly is the OST replay? I didn't read too much positive feedback, but I'm still kinda interested just to see the second loop. (and the no miss first loop of course)

zlk

I have the 240 mil run, as well as GER's 195 mil run.  I started playing the game again yesterday and am looking for more videos.  I don't find the game as easy as you or GP said, then again I am getting into stage 4 with less than 20m points.

EOJ

Well those two vids show you how to score well, so there's probably not much else to add to them in the way of techniques. I'm not aware of any other full 1-ALL normal mode runs out there. You basically just have to keep your medal chain up, and milk the bosses (particularly the ST1, ST3, and ST4 bosses). The game is a lot easier with Rafute than the other two characters, by the way.

@Plasmo: I don't know of any other 2-ALL replays out there, other than the official superplay. It's worth watching, but considering it's more than 100mil lower than the WR, it's not very exciting.:|
My score archive

jpj

Quote from: EOJHarahara Mode: At the title screen, enter the code A,B, R, R, C, L, B, L, A, A, U, D.
you press the C button twice :righton:

EOJ

Thanks, I've corrected the typo.
My score archive

jpj

Quote from: PlasmoIs there a 2-All replay besides the official one bundled with the OST? And how bad exactly is the OST replay? I didn't read too much positive feedback, but I'm still kinda interested just to see the second loop. (and the no miss first loop of course)
just flicked through the booklet, and it's GFA2-ISO who did the 2-ALL.  the 2nd loop is pretty fierce.  there's some text in the booklet as well, anyone interested in translating?  :)

droid

Thanks very much EOJ for this awesome strategy guide :) I just received MMP so this is a huge help! I feel silly asking this question, but is there any drawback to inputting both level access codes? It looks like itd only be a positive thing. I notice the mention of it not being reversible and that wording kind of freaks me out, heheh.

Thanks,
Droid

EOJ

No, no drawbacks. So unlock away! Glad the guide is helpful to you, and good to see you here on the forums.  :)
My score archive

markedkiller78

I?ve been playing this a lot lately. 62m & counting

I didn?t know about the L3 mid boss extend, so many thanks EOJ :)

As Charlie was asking, does anyone have any tips for the level 4 boss? I?m really struggling to beat him & that?s using 6 bombs most of the time.

I?ve also noticed that Level 5 is easier than 4 (most of the time). Is this just my imagination or is it because I?m losing 3 lives on the Level 4 boss?

markedkiller78

Bump (not that it's far from the top lol)

Any tips for this L4 boss? I can keep the First from pretty timid & circle round him pretty consistantly, but after that I'm toast.

EOJ

Try and get to the boss with at least 3 spare lives, use all your bombs wisely. Watch some vids to see how it's done. That's all I can recommend really (sold the game months ago). I never had a big problem with the stage 4 boss as long as I had 3 or more lives at the start of the fight.
My score archive