Ketsui EX [JP X360] - April 22, 2010 release date confirmed

Started by EOJ, November 14, 2008, 06:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Some new Mihara blog posts. He says "those who didn't have complaints about the Futari port won't have complaints about the Ketsui port either." He also says there will be a recorded event Thursday with him and IKD talking about the Ketsui 360 port. He will try and upload it soon after, but he'd also like to stream a portion of it live, as it is being recorded (he's not sure he'll be able to do this yet).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

NR777

So, according to Mihara we can expect this to be close to the Futari port in quality.  Cool.  Now to hope for localization at some point...or for the price of the board to drop dramatically. 

HVL

Quote from: NR777 on March 05, 2010, 06:02:04 PM
So, according to Mihara we can expect this to be close to the Futari port in quality.  Cool.  Now to hope for localization at some point...or for the price of the board to drop dramatically. 

Or in other words, "99% of scorers will find the Ketsui port unacceptable too." :laugh:

JAPJAC

At TGS '08 5pb. regarded Ketsui's slowdown as a fault.  I was also told that Ketsui's main inspiration wasn't soley other previous Cave games but Layer Section/Ray Force. 

Quote from: EOJ on March 05, 2010, 02:07:09 PM
Some new Mihara blog posts. He says 'those who didn't have complaints about the Futari port won't have complaints about the Ketsui port either.'

I wonder if he is referring to the way that port behaves compared to the PCB originals or the wealth of options/settings the home conversion has?  I hope it is the latter if given the choice.

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know what 'scanlines' is in Japanese?  I want to ring 5pb. and ask them.

Cheers.

StarCreator

I don't think I'd bother asking at this point, since the game code is likely finalized by now.  Might as well just wait and see.

bcass

Yep, besides, they already know we want scanlines - it was mentioned in the email I sent (on behalf of the shmups forums) not long after the port was first announced.  They replied and acknowledged foreign interest (and the other points we'd raised such as comprehensive screen options, including scanlines).

JAPJAC

Fair enough then.  Would still like to know what it is in Japanese anyway as I'm always wanting to improve and learn with that one.

Cheers.

Elixir

Quote from: JAPJAC on March 06, 2010, 08:48:25 AM
Fair enough then.  Would still like to know what it is in Japanese anyway as I'm always wanting to improve and learn with that one.

Cheers.

走査線/sousasenn

JAPJAC

Elixir

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g259/vespene/14ccd520.jpg

I believe this is the bonus book.

ADMIN EDIT: Removed obscenely large pic, replaced it with a link instead.

JAPJAC

I think that is the Shooting Festa leaflet.

The bonus book is seen at the end of the official trailer.

Cheers.

Danmaku

StarCreator

If you're not being sarcastic, there are so many things wrong with that request that I don't know where to begin.

If you are being sarcastic, it's not very funny.

emphatic

And if you're being funny, it's not very sarcastic.

Danmaku

Plasmo

I'm too much of an ass to help you, but here are some random questions you could think about

1.Do you know who this "Asada" guy is?
2.Do you know who's responsible for the Ketsui port?
3.Have you ever heard about any statements from CAVE regarding "region free"?

I'm sure these questions can be seen as answers.

StarCreator

Plasmo pretty much beat me to it, but basically if you've kept up with current developments:

1) Asada is a producer at Cave, and oversaw the 360 ports Cave themselves published (Deathsmiles, Mushihimesama Futari, Espgaluda II Black Label, and now Deathsmiles II X and Guwange XBLA).
2) The Ketsui port, unlike the above ports, is being developed and published by 5pb, under license from Cave.  Dodonpachi Dai-ou-jou Black Label EXTRA was also published under this arrangement.  Cave is not directly involved in the design and marketing process of the Ketsui port.
3) It was posted on the Cave official blog, in plain English, that Espgaluda II Black Label regular edition would be the last region free game for the forseeable future.

rtw

Quote from: StarCreator on March 09, 2010, 03:52:47 PM
3) It was posted on the Cave official blog, in plain English, that Espgaluda II Black Label regular edition would be the last region free game for the forseeable future.

So the Espgaluda II BL Limited Edition edition is region locked to Japan ? Did they say why it was the last region free game ?
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

Danmaku

Quote from: StarCreator on March 09, 2010, 03:52:47 PM
Plasmo pretty much beat me to it, but basically if you've kept up with current developments:

1) Asada is a producer at Cave, and oversaw the 360 ports Cave themselves published (Deathsmiles, Mushihimesama Futari, Espgaluda II Black Label, and now Deathsmiles II X and Guwange XBLA).
2) The Ketsui port, unlike the above ports, is being developed and published by 5pb, under license from Cave.  Dodonpachi Dai-ou-jou Black Label EXTRA was also published under this arrangement.  Cave is not directly involved in the design and marketing process of the Ketsui port.

It was not obvious to me that 5pb is doing both, developing and publishing. Why are they not willing to do a region free port?

Monouchi

Quote from: Danmaku on March 10, 2010, 04:36:06 AM
It was not obvious to me that 5pb is developer and publisher. Why are they not willing to do a region free port?

Cos its some extra hassle to go through the region free making procedure and 5pb didnt want that maybe?

Now the port is looking better and better and the question I would choose is: Why didnt they give it HD graphics?
...the answer is surely: money (time)

Danmaku

is there any official statement concerning region freeness on the part of 5pb?

EOJ

Inside Xbox video from the Shooting Festa including footage of Guwange and Ketsui EX:

http://gamenyarth.blog67.fc2.com/blog-entry-4926.html?id=sm9961404

Footage starts around the 8:30 mark on the vid.
My score archive

HVL

Quote from: Danmaku on March 10, 2010, 05:13:10 AM
is there any official statement concerning region freeness on the part of 5pb?

No, but it won't happen. Get over with it.

ookitarepanda

So how long ago did we know about this, and just now Kotaku puts up a post?

http://kotaku.com/5490894/are-you-ready-for-ketsui-bullet-hell

Honestly, it takes a little effort for me to not go rambling in their comments section, especially at the retards who are already posting there: "whatever happened to the good old shooters that were more than just "let's toss so many shots on the screen survival is impossible". I'm honestly starting to believe Ikaruga was the last great shooter."

Dear god.

NR777

Quote from: ookitarepanda on March 11, 2010, 12:11:59 PM
So how long ago did we know about this, and just now Kotaku puts up a post?

http://kotaku.com/5490894/are-you-ready-for-ketsui-bullet-hell

Honestly, it takes a little effort for me to not go rambling in their comments section, especially at the retards who are already posting there: "whatever happened to the good old shooters that were more than just "let's toss so many shots on the screen survival is impossible". I'm honestly starting to believe Ikaruga was the last great shooter."

Dear god.

I made fun of that poster.  I comment on kotaku to try and spread the word about these games...there are actually a few posters over there that are knowledgeable about shooters...and I have to say I appreciate the fact that this is getting covered by a popular source at all.   

charlienash87

Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

EOJ

It's still $109 at ncsx.com:

http://www.shopncsx.com/ketsuiextra-1.aspx

Remember, all you're getting for that extra $40-$50 you pay for the LE is a 2 disc soundtrack. The LE has same cover art as the SE, and both come with the guidebook.
My score archive

StarCreator

My order at NCS stands.  And the soundtracks (which from what we're heard are the arrange soundtracks and not the cop-out we got with Espgaluda II, right?) are definitely worth the extra cost.

At least, for people like me who need a separate room just to store CDs.

Elixir

Quote from: EOJ on March 15, 2010, 08:40:19 PM
It's still $109 at ncsx.com:

http://www.shopncsx.com/ketsuiextra-1.aspx

Remember, all you're getting for that extra $40-$50 you pay for the LE is a 2 disc soundtrack. The LE has same cover art as the SE, and both come with the guidebook.

Not that bad if you're using amazon.jp though, only $22 USD in price difference.