Pink Sweets ~ Ibara Sorekara [Strats]

Started by EOJ, December 09, 2007, 04:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I thought it would be good to open a thread to discuss Pink Sweets stuff, since a few people here have the PCB now. This will hopefully turn into a full-fledged ST (after I finish the Futari 1.5 guide). First let's talk about rank and the specific character types.

GAME MODES:
Arcade mode : press START at the title screen
Harder mode : Hold UP and press START at the title screen
Extended mode : Hold DOWN and press START at the title screen
Score Attack mode : Hold A+B and press START at the title screen
Stage Select Set the lives to "Invincible" or "Multiply" in the dip settings, then press LEFT or RIGHT at the title screen to select any stage to practice. You can also play a new boss rush stage called Stage 8. You can pause the game in this mode by pressing Start. You can also slowdown the game in order to practice patterns by Holding Start.

Be aware that the stages in the stage select are a little out of order:

Stage 1=Stage 1
Stage 2=Stage 3<--
Stage 3=Stage 4
Stage 4=Stage 5
Stage 5=Stage 6
Stage 6=Stage 2<--
Stage 7=Stage 7
Stage 8=Boss Rush

IN GAME RESET COMMAND:
At any time in the game, press UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, A, B, START, and you'll instantly reset to the title screen. This is actually very useful if you're playing for score and you mess up. Saves you from having to kill yourself over and over in order to restart. Also, if you have the infinite lives bug on your board, this is the only way to reset the game besides cutting the power.

BASIC CONTROLS
A Button: this is your shot button. Hold it down to shoot. When you let go of it an aura of energy quickly forms in a ball in front of your ship. You have a charge meter at the bottom left of the screen, after a few seconds you reach max and then when you press shot again you release your Rose Cracker (this is the name of the bomb in the game). Rinse and repeat as often as you like.

In addition, your rapid fire setting on the shot is displayed in the left corner of the screen with your other player info. It starts out and defaults at 10hz. Flick on rapid fire on your joystick and you can increase it up to 30hz. Once you increase it, it cannot be decreased until you play another credit.

B button: changes the formation of your options (which are called Rose Hips). If you hold the B button while equipped with rose hips (and while not pressing the A button), this will allow your Rose Hips to keep shooting while you charge your Rose Cracker.

A+B Button: This changes the speed of your ship. There is a gauge on the bottom left of the screen showing your current speed. There are 4 speed levels for each character.

Confirmed things that RAISE rank:
-Using the Rose Cracker too much
-Using the shot too much (the rose cracker raises the rank higher than this)
-Getting the special power-up
-medalling
Unconfirmed things that may RAISE rank:
-getting power-up items
-keeping your shield at max for periods of time
-every time you change your rose hip formation
-doing ANYTHING in the game (seriously, this is one theory)

Confirmed things that LOWER rank:
-Purposely missing a 1UP (let it drift off the screen)
Unconfirmed things that may LOWER rank:
-picking up the roses on the ground
-purposely missing a 10,000 medal
-dying
-having your live stock at zero

------------------------------------------------

Next, character differences (RP=RAPID, WS=WIDE SHOT):

MEIDI & MIDI
A-type: RP- 5 front streams; WS-60 degrees
B-type: RP- 4 front streams, 1 back; WS - 90 degrees
AB-type: RP- 2 front streams, 3 back; WS- 120 degrees
S-type: RP- 1 front stream, 4 back; WS- 3-way in the front and 2-way in the back

KASUMI
A-type: RP- front shot; WS- 30 degrees in the front (8 bullets, in rapid fire burts of 2)
B-type: RP- shot comes out from the left and right sides; WS - 45 degrees in the front (8 bullets in rapid fire bursts of 2)
AB-type: RP- shot comes out from the left and right sides in a wider fashion; WS- 90 degrees (8 bullets in rapid fire bursts of 2)
S-type: RP- shot comes out from the back side; WS- 360 degrees (16 bullets in one fire burst)

SHASTA
A-type:
B-type:
AB-type:
S-type:

LACE
A-type:
B-type:
AB-type:
S-type:

--------------------
EXTENDS

STAGE 3:
In the middle of the stage there are two big tanks that cross over from the left to right. Shot the first one until it stops, then stop shooting and let the next one run into it. It will blow up the first tank and a 1UP will pop out.

---------------------

MORE TO COME!
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

Galford posted his 9.4 mil Score Attack score, with comments, on the Gamebox Q2 page:

http://nmt.cside.com/q2/score.htm

His comments may be helpful to those working on this mode:
"[Got the] Lightning attack 6 times; 6.45mil and 2 min on the clock before the last boss; used rapid fire on the B shot; 400K below [my] optimal score."

Also note he has a 304mil score in Death Smiles with Folette.  :righton:
My score archive

jpj

i've been messing around a lot in score attack and i'm sure 6 is the maximum number of sweeps you can get (from 1 attack).  when he says 6, i can only assume he means 6 from *each* lightning attack (it occurs twice during the boss fight), if he's making 3 million from the boss fight!  

how much begging do i need to do for him to release a dvd?   :cry:

Plasmo

Ok so obviously the lightning attack depends on pure luck, i dont want to care about that one. maybe you need to rack up the rank to the max to get the lightning attack more often?
Much more interesting imo is 6,45mill BEFORE the boss. Where is it even theoretically possible to get milking points from during the stage?

Plasmo

How do you get stage select to reach the bossrush stage 8 ?

EOJ

There's a boss rush stage 8??

Come to think of it, that sounds vaguely familiar. Strange that there's no info about it anywhere.
My score archive

Plasmo

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm497447
Its definitely available...somehow. Seems like youre invincible in it too.

EOJ

Awesome. The description there says you have to change the dip settings to either Invincible or Multiply. Then I guess you press up or down or something to select the stage at the title screen? Would be awesome if you could practice other stages this way, it would be like a home port!

I'm going to go try this out right now.

EDIT: I just tried it out, and fuck yeah! It works. Just set the lives to Invincible and press LEFT or RIGHT on the title screen to select your stage. You can practice any stage and play the Stage 8 boss rush.  :righton:
My score archive

Plasmo

YES! thanks a lot! this way i can finally try a no rose cracker stage 5! yay

EOJ

Guess what, if you press Start during any stage in stage select, it PAUSES THE GAME (it flashes "pause" on the title screen).  :shock:

EVEN COOLER: Press and hold Start at any time TO SLOW THE GAME DOWN. It stays slowed down until you release Start.

I played through the boss rush, the boss fights were all out of order and random. You get to see the credits at the end though.

Also, stage 5 gives you stage 6. Stage 4 gives you stage 5.

I'm experimenting with other things, but this is pretty much the coolest feature in any PCB ever. I should try and see if it works with Muchi Muchi Pork too.
My score archive

EOJ

Updated the main post with the stages in stage select. They are out of order, so refer to the above main post for the full list of the stages.
My score archive

Plasmo

the slowdown button is pretty useless but its a cool feature.
oh and i didnt know that it resets your highscore tables after setting the lives to invincible....i dont have a proof pic for my 8,9mill run now lolz.
is there some way to play on higher rank? practicing stage 5 on null rank isnt too much fun.

EOJ

You may want to try setting it to multiply, as at least then you still die, so it will give you a more realistic experience.

Maybe the secret test menu you find when you hold A+B when pressing the test button lets you change the rank settings for this practice mode? Or you could try changing the rank on the dip settings.

And yeah, everytime you change the dip settings your scores are deleted. They're only saved when you play on all defaults.

EDIT: I changed the rank settings to the maximum values of "Unbelievable" and "Unforgetable", and Stage 5 was much harder. Probably more on par with a real run. Adjust if necessary.
My score archive

Shalashaska

Nub question but is there a trick to changing your Rose Hip formation? I hit B and sometimes they change, sometimes they don't. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.... :?

EOJ

Just tap B to change your rose formation. Hold B to use the rose hip shot and charge your bomb.
My score archive

Plasmo

If you hold B down then you can shoot only with your rose hips. tap it to change the formation.

Shalashaska

Hmmm...maybe when i "tap" B I'm holding it a bit too long. I get that credit error and before I turned Free Play on I would have to tap the button very quickly for it to register. Maybe it's the same deal with the B button, it thinks I'm holding it instead of tapping. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Plasmo

that sounds exactly what i did a while ago :)

EOJ

Alright, I'm going to close this thread as we have the superior guide by Plasmo up now.
My score archive