Quick tips for beating Ibara BL please...

Started by dimmu--borgir, February 07, 2009, 11:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dimmu--borgir

Ok, I suck. I have absolutely no interest in scoring. I only want to 1CC this one. 3CC sor far. Lvl 1-4 is "easy" for me but the boss on the fifth really kills me. I have to use three Hadous meaning I will not have bombs for the last level and boss.

Main hints would be appreciated but here is where I need help.

"Easy" way to get the 1up.
5th boss.
Somethimes Hadous turns up when I bomb. When/where?
Getting 10 mil (yes I said I didn't care for score but I guess an extra life would suit me fine...)

Please let me know if you could share some info.

Thanks in advance.

EOJ

This game, like MMP, is a lot harder if you don't have a moderately good score, because the more you score the more lives you have to work with. I'd think you'd need at least 30-40mil to have a good chance at a 1CC, as such a score would give you 3-4 extra lives (plus the 1up in stage 4 would be a total of 4-5 extra lives). So work on some basic scoring techniques instead of just going for a quick 1CC (because a "quick 1CC ignoring score" is quite difficult in this game).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

dimmu--borgir

Ok, I have also thought in these terms as well, but I can't see how I'm supposed to do this...  :-[

Any videos out there?

Also, do you know about how to get some Hadous?

Thanks

EOJ

You get an extra hadou every time you die - that's why it's beneficial to have plenty of spare lives in stock so you
can suicide for extra hadous.  :righton: You also accumulate hadous by picking up bomb shards and filling your bomb meter up to a full hadou.

There is the Ibara DVD for download in the Ura loop section here - it will give you lots of tips and scoring ideas, so check it out.  ;)
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

dimmu--borgir

Ok. Thanks for the tips. Dying and fragments was already clear to me...  ;) However, it seems that you can get extra Hadous occasionly throughout the game when you bomb different structures/vehicles/whatever. I don't know when or where though. I think one turns up when you bomb the "second" tank the right time on lvl 2. The one that turns up between the burnertowers and another on early on stage 5. But again, I'm not sure...

Gwyrgyn

Quote from: dimmu--borgir on February 08, 2009, 10:16:33 AM
Ok. Thanks for the tips. Dying and fragments was already clear to me...  ;) However, it seems that you can get extra Hadous occasionly throughout the game when you bomb different structures/vehicles/whatever. I don't know when or where though. I think one turns up when you bomb the "second" tank the right time on lvl 2. The one that turns up between the burnertowers and another on early on stage 5. But again, I'm not sure...

Any of the large tanks will drop a full bomber if killed properly. The hard way to do this is to first knock off the top gun turret, then knock off all 4 wheels. You have to be VERY careful to do this, but they will then drop 4 medals and a full bomb. The easy way to do it is to do no damage to the tank, but then get directly on top of the turret and drop a bomb. If you do it right, the tank will blow up and you'll get a full bomb anyway (but probably no medals). You can use even a single small bomb fragment to do it this way, so it's good if you want to turn 1 fragment into 1 full bomb.

There are 3 of these tanks in a row near the start of Stage 5 which you can get 3 full bombs from, but I don't remember the method to getting all 3 easily in Arrange mode.

You can also get a free 1-up on the stage 4 midboss. To do that you need to pick off both of its gun arms, both rotary blades, then both of the wing-tip gun turrets completely.Then killing the midboss will cause a 1-up to spawn.

If you're really pushing for a no-score 1cc, what you want to do is avoid picking up any medals, and don't get any excess items you don't need (like don't pick up extra powerups or extra options you already have). Then, just bomb a bunch of bullets any time your rank starts to get high. Stick to using 5-Way during stages and use Rocket, Burner or Napalm for the bosses. Never use Homing because damn is that weapon terrible. In fact, try to avoid ever picking up a full set of all 6 weapons because doing so will make EVERY small enemy drop items (making it much easier to increase your rank by accident). Homing only drops in a few places so it's best to just avoid ever picking it up.

Also big thing, make sure you are using D-Type for your ship. It's much, much easier to work with.