Espgaluda 2 Black Label [JP X360] - SE Region free, LE Region locked to Japan

Started by EOJ, July 13, 2009, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skykid

Quote from: brentsg on February 15, 2010, 12:37:12 PM
Quote from: skykid on February 15, 2010, 11:57:38 AM
Quote from: PsychoDiver on February 15, 2010, 10:12:44 AM
It is good news. I am ordering both, one for displaying and the other for playing.

Who are you going to display it to?

Says the guy that sold all those horded kit-art-bits..    :P

Fixed.  ;)

I'm all for collecting, I'm not all for sealed game collecting, it's a silly waste of money.  :rolleyes:
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

NR777

Well, I am damn pleased.  I was thinking I would have to wait well over a year for a localization...if that was even a possibility.

antares

I'm willing to trade my preordered normal edition for the LE. Any takers?  :cool:

EOJ

That's pretty crazy news. I don't see how it could be false, unless Kotaku just concocted an interview with Asada that never happened.  :laugh:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

necpmf

Quote from: antares on February 15, 2010, 01:38:08 PM
I'm willing to trade my preordered normal edition for the LE. Any takers?  :cool:
Yeah, I'll even throw in my TV and Xbox!

EOJ

Quote from: Kewing on February 15, 2010, 09:25:30 AM
But, it does seem strange, when theoretically the discs are the same.

The Cave LE discs have always had different artwork on them, so they are definitely a separate pressing. For example, the Futari LE disc has Reco on it, but the SE has Palm on it.
My score archive

gsl

12/16/09 - Preordered ESPGaluda II Standard from NCSX, thinking we might get another region free break.

2/6/09 - No news on region free-ness.  Sent a nice letter to NCSX requesting they cancel my order, as there's apparently no way to do so online.

2/7/09 - NCSX replies, order is cancelled.  Settling back to wait for possible localization on Deathsmiles' success.

2/15/09 - Preordered ESPGaluda II Standard from NCSX, like a chump.

Kewing

You, EOJ, and neomoe have a good point, as that makes a tad bit of sense. Still, isn't it weird there was no word from Cave on their official Blog at all, and they suddenly let know out of the blue?
I'm the first I want this to be true, tho, and I'm hoping it will.

PsychoDiver

Quote from: skykid on February 15, 2010, 01:12:17 PM
It is good news. I am ordering both, one for displaying and the other for playing.

Fixed.  ;)

I'm all for collecting, I'm not all for sealed game collecting, it's a silly waste of money.  :rolleyes:

I suppose collecting half naked anime girl statues is far less silly. :o

StarCreator

It's pretty obvious from the timing that this was a last minute decision, possibly one that was made within the past couple weeks.  I assume we didn't hear anything until they knew they'd be able to do something, since there's nothing worse than promising something you're not able to deliver.

If NCS reopening orders for the LE is any indication, it seems a lot of people are flipping their orders to the standard edition.  I wonder if Play-Asia will do the same?

ktg228

Just preordered from ncsx. I hope I didn't just buy an $85 dollar plastic box.  :)

EOJ

Quote from: StarCreator on February 15, 2010, 04:27:57 PM
I wonder if Play-Asia will do the same?

They probably will, but it may be at a higher price. When they got more Deathsmiles LEs in they sold them for a crazy $149.99.
My score archive

lam47

This is kind of odd. Especially if cave intend a western release at some point.

EOJ

Maybe they changed their mind about trying to localize this one at the last minute, and thought it would be better to get some international sales on the JP release instead. In the Siliconera interview they emphasized the qualities about DS that they thought would appeal to Western audiences: horizontal, gothic, lolitas. None of that stuff is in Espgaluda II.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

cannonball

I got a reply back from Ashcraft at Kotaku he claims he talked directly to cave to get this info...it still sounds fishy, but probably legit.

skykid

Quote from: PsychoDiver on February 15, 2010, 03:48:35 PM
Quote from: skykid on February 15, 2010, 01:12:17 PM

Fixed.  ;)

I suppose collecting half naked anime girl statues is far less silly. :o

Than buying a game you'll never play just so you can stare at the box art? Sure.  :)

Listen, each to their own. I just get pissy when I think of anything to do with sealed games collecting - it's so retarded a concept it speaks for itself.
Still, that's another topic entirely.  :-X
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

Dale

I'm really shocked at this news. I thought Asada said that it wouldn't be profitable with all the region fee's? You know awhile ago I was hating on Cave and a few other companies for making bad decisions well I'm still pissed at some other companies Cave is really and my good books, they were already my all time favorite developer and now that they are taking a financial risk to make their fan's happy I can honestly say that I'll never doubt them again. Asada is the man.   

krokounleashed

Famitsu gave Galuda a 30/40 8 / 8 / 7 / 7. So seems to be a good port than.

ookitarepanda

Asada just posted on his blog but it doesn't seem to tell us anything new. Basically, he's been busy so he hasn't posted, and now Galuda II comes out tomorrow and Microsoft is throwing a party in Akihabara so he's having pre-release nervousness.

EOJ

Quote from: ookitarepanda on February 17, 2010, 01:04:04 PM
and now Galuda II comes out tomorrow and Microsoft is throwing a party in Akihabara so he's having pre-release nervousness.

Not tomorrow, next Thursday.
My score archive

ookitarepanda

EOJ

My score archive

GaijinPunch

dcharlie

losing track of time, can't believe it's next week.

I have a US machine and the LE on order, so if we don't have any confirmation , i can confirm region - but i'd imagine most people would know by then.

emphatic

New CAVE Blog post:

"Thank you

Thank you for the warm messages from all over the world.
Espgaluda II Black Label Normal Edition is region free.
But I'm afraid new games after Espgaluda II Black Label won't be region free.
I assure you that Espgaluda II Black Label Normal Edition will be the last region free game for the time being.

Cave

Makoto Asada"

spl

LOL - I don't think he will be receiving any more "warm messages" after that one.  =D

Lunchbox

Wow!

This sounds like :"Stop mailing  us, you gaijin bastards!!!" :whyioughtta:

I don't see the point for that message, specially before they know how goes the sales overseas... (??)
No arcades in Spain.