Espgaluda 2 Black Label [JP X360] - SE Region free, LE Region locked to Japan

Started by EOJ, July 13, 2009, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVL

The promo video is of Black Label and the music, including stages, appears to be arranged in that mode.

EOJ

Finally watched the vid. Looks interesting but still overly complicated in a typical Galuda way. Doesn't look anything like how Ikeda described it before.  :laugh:  I just hope there's not much bullet grazing in the Psyvariar sense. I hate that shit.

I'll bet a shiny 500 yen coin that Yagawa's arrange mode will be better. Hopefully they'll toss a vid of that up soon.

BTW, on a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone have a picture of Yagawa? I have no clue what he looks like. IKD's face is plastered all over the place (even in Ketsui Death Label!), but Yagawa is the eternal enigma.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on December 07, 2009, 01:04:46 AM

BTW, on a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone have a picture of Yagawa? I have no clue what he looks like. IKD's face is plastered all over the place (even in Ketsui Death Label!), but Yagawa is the eternal enigma.

If one exists, I bet it would be in the Arcadia interview he and Ikeda did.

GP?

brentsg

Here is a picture I found..  I think this one was taken while he was fine-tuning the rank for Ibara.

EOJ

Quote from: brentsg on December 07, 2009, 01:25:32 AM

Here is a picture I found..  I think this one was from when he was fine-tuning the rank for PINK SWEETS

Fixed.  :)
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quote from: adverse on December 07, 2009, 01:13:19 AM

If one exists, I bet it would be in the Arcadia interview he and Ikeda did.

GP?

You speaks the truth.  There was a picture in it, and it's in that interview.  It's a trick to get to though.  It should have it's own HS thread here.

Third_strike

QuoteI just hope there's much bullet grazing in the Psyvariar sense. I love that all.
:righton: Really you have one cool taste.
Cool!

Imhotep

Quote from: EOJ on December 07, 2009, 01:04:46 AMBTW, on a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone have a picture of Yagawa? I have no clue what he looks like. IKD's face is plastered all over the place (even in Ketsui Death Label!), but Yagawa is the eternal enigma.

I think it's the guy in Gakidou's avatar:

moozooh

This face full of disregard for anything human? Yeah, must be him.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Schrodingers cat

NCSX is now taking pre-orders. GO GO GO GO GO!

Edit: apparently so is Play-Asia

NR777

I'll wait until I hear about region specifics before I order this.  I'm perfectly happy with Futari right now, so although this looks like a great package, I'm not exactly rushing to preorder.

EOJ

I guess that since the 2disc soundtrack is only included in the first print (just like the Futari DLC), there's a good chance play-asia will flub things up again and send out a random mix of first and second prints for preorders, whereas ncsx.com guarantees you the first print. The tradeoff is nscx.com is pricier. If it isn't region free, then the preorders should be less, and perhaps only first print copies will be sent from play-asia. Still a gamble, though.
My score archive

StarCreator

The cost tips greatly to NCS's favor once you factor in shipping (assuming you're not willing to wait 2-4 weeks to get your item)... UPS Ground from New York gets here to Maryland either on the same day or faster than EMS from Hong Kong does, and it's a crapload cheaper.

Personally, I'm still debating whether to go standard or limited... every Cave purchase I've gotten since the first Mushihimesama has been the LE, but NCS's description of the standard/limited allocations does give me a little pause...

EOJ

Yeah, if you live in the mainland USA, ncsx.com is the way to go. Always good to support an American company too.
My score archive

gsl

Put in my preorder with NCSX today.  Play-Asia is a bit cheaper (especially if you happen to have a coupon, which aren't hard to find) but as several people mentioned the shipping even with less expensive domestic options is still as fast or faster than EMS.  I'm not too happy with the way Play-Asia worked the Mushi Futari first print stuff--mine came with the 1.01 DLC and to be fair I did order earlier in the summer not long before the region free announcement was made, but there were a lot of other people who got screwed out of theirs--and so I'm going to go with people who apparently can get their shit straight.

Of course, this is all dependent on the game being region-free in the first place, so...

fuse

Similarly to you guys with NCSX, I'm going with VGI (a UK company) this time.

Play-Asia just seem to be getting worse and worse later; I've had some serious issues with them in the past, there's the early bird Mushi orders getting 2nd prints, and their airmail shipping has been almost comically bad in recent months. Factor in EMS charges and it's cheaper to order from a UK supplier in the first place anyway.

Ast-Kot

I'm waiting play-asia open the pre-order period for the LE cause I've to use a coupon|| >:D

@Fuse: I live in italy; can you give more information about VGI?

I had bad issue with Play-asia with my my futari's copy although I've pre-order it the first day and it's sent me a 2nd prints without dlc card :( Moreover, I've problem with the costume office of my country that delay the shippment for some reasons that I can't understand.
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

HVL

Quote from: fuse on December 17, 2009, 09:45:15 AM
their airmail shipping has been almost comically bad in recent months.

That's not P-A's fault, it's the HK post that sucks balls.

I'm going with P-A again. I'd consider VGI if you could actually navigate the website. They really need to get a new web designer.

fuse

Quote from: HVLThat's not P-A's fault, it's the HK post that sucks balls.
Fair point, but to the layman it's one and the same. Considering they still quote 5-10 days for delivery it's not on IMO.

Quote from: Ast-Kot on December 17, 2009, 09:55:21 AM
@Fuse: I live in italy; can you give more information about VGI?
http://www.videogameimports.com/ - as HVL stated, it's not going to win any design awards. I've not used them myself but a number of long-term members of a forum I frequent (NTSC-UK) have been buying there for years and are big fans. Quite a personal service by the sounds of it. Shipping costs actually seem quite reasonable to other European countries too, so it might be worth a shot.

CastorKrieg

Quote from: Ast-Kot on December 17, 2009, 09:55:21 AM
Moreover, I've problem with the costume office of my country that delay the shippment for some reasons that I can't understand.

You can't understand the idea of Import Tax aka. Duty Tax? I live in Poland, and it's a constant remainder when ordering from outside EU. Play-Asia doesn't mark down on packages (unlike VG+, which will always mark down to 10-15CAD), so if your package is bulky/pricy there is big chance it will get stopped at Customs and you have to pay the duty. In Poland it's even worse, I need to wait for damn letter from the Customs Office before I can go and claim the package. THat's why Mushi is still not here, shipped on the 1st. :mad:

lam47

Play Asia always mark down for me. Never even have to ask.
Also a few months ago things were turning up in a week here in UK. Its only been the last month or two that they have been slow.

bcass

VGI are a must if you live in the UK or Europe.  They must have a proper supplier in Japan because they send out new Japanese titles the day after release from within the UK so they must receive the games before release date, as per a retailer.  Postage from the UK to the rest of Europe is usally less than 5 days by standard airmail.  They also guarantee you first prints, and will be taking pre-orders on the Ltd Edition.  I've bought a few items from them over the last year, they're fast and reliable and the prices actually aren't much different from most of the Japanese sellers on eBay once you take postage into account.

SuperPang

Quote from: bcass on December 18, 2009, 08:58:31 PM
VGI are a must if you live in the UK or Europe.  They must have a proper supplier in Japan because they send out new Japanese titles the day after release from within the UK

Futari was the first time I saw that. Do they have a new supplier or something? They used to get stock at least a week after release. I've had Japanese games shipped to me by EMS cheaper and quicker than VGI get them in until Futari. Bear in mind Cave went gold very early.

bcass

I guess they must have changed their supplier because I received my 1st print Mushi Futari 3 days after the Japanese release (I live in the UK).  Plus they stated months in advance that copies would be shipped out (from within the UK) the day after the Japanese release date, so they knew they would be getting them early.

EOJ

The Cave blog has posted shots of the BL tutorial. Looks like there's 4 tutorials with multiple lessons in each, to really flesh out the scoring system for you:

Also, they added ANOTHER NOVICE MODE. So you will have "Espgaluda 2 Novice" and "Espgaluda 2 Black Label Novice":

Finally, Asada says there will be these 6 game modes playable out of the box (EII Arcade, EII 360, EII Arrange, EII BL, EII Novice, EII BL Novice), but 7 total modes on the final menu screen. This extra mode sounds like it will be DLC (though he doesn't mention that, so who knows). Would be pretty funky if it's a DLC Espgaluda.

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2009/12/post-40ed.html
My score archive

moozooh

This is really amazing. They're trying to cram even more content in the box than they did with Futari.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Schrodingers cat

Great news, EOJ.  With people talking about how brutal the scoring in Galuda II is, I'm really glad they're including a training mode for it. 

Also are the stage backgrounds in HD this time around?  That 3rd screenshot looks amazing.

StarCreator

The image is just too small to tell whether the background is redone or not.  Need a bigger image.

Ast-Kot

Great news I've read it but I ve no time to report....Seems that Cave try to attrac the attention of new player that till now look at danmaku shooters as games for a closed group of hardcore gamers with these new novice mode. :)
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

brentsg

I'm having a hard time getting excited about this one, and somehow the screenshots aren't helping.

I had the PCB briefly but it didn't really grab me.  I'll pick up the port for sure and hopefully the noob modes will help ease me into it.