Quote from: brentsg on March 25, 2010, 06:06:49 PM
GP can I borrow your Champagne board?

Or take a whiff off the cork?  :lol:

brentsg

Quote from: emphatic on March 25, 2010, 06:13:23 PM
Quote from: brentsg on March 25, 2010, 06:06:49 PM
GP can I borrow your Champagne board?

Or take a whiff off the cork?  :lol:

I wish I could find the review, but I hear the main difference is that the Champagne version has a good nose and nicer legs.

Edit:  Just talking about it makes me want to get out my top hat and monocle.

GaijinPunch

I actually meant to write $10,000.  Oh, well. 

I knew it was never, ever going to happen, but the guy that scored me the Loke test pops knew someone with a blue board... (I assume "the one") and was going to take a stab at it.

krokounleashed

Quote from: Plasmo on March 12, 2010, 11:02:55 AM
As mentioned before many times, DFK 1.5 is a no brainer, incl. BL as DLC of course.
The only surprise title will be the other one. If it's not MMP nor Pink Sweets I'm going to kill myself.
PLEASE do the Yagawa love!!!
#

Dave_K.

Quote from: Dave_K. on March 12, 2010, 08:59:56 PM
Now why do I really hope this happens?  Because I'm sure some ingenious individual is going to rip out the Guwange matsuri rom from the XBLA download so we can burn it and play it on our own PCBs or in Mame, and would LOVE to be able to play DDP CV on my PCB as well!  >:D

Quote from: bcass on March 12, 2010, 09:25:22 PM
Dream-on.  These are ports, not emulations.

Quote from: Elixir on March 12, 2010, 10:38:47 PM
No offense but... are you high?

As I now sit down to play Guwange Matsuri Ver on my PCB, I think back to the two of you and your ever so clever comments.  :laugh:

bcass

Given that you lose all the additional functionality offered by playing the game on a 360, I don't really see the point in playing on a PCB.

Also, just because the ROMs are on the 360 disc doesn't necessarily mean that the game is being emulated (just in case that's what you were calling into question by quoting my post).  IIRC, most of the Cave ports have the ROMs on the discs.  I think they just put the files there to directly reference the original assets.  I actually saw the Guwange ROM in the XBLA dump when I ripped the music when it was first released, but assumed it was incomplete (ie - just the graphics ROM).

Dave_K.

Playing the game on original hardware at 15khz in an Astro City is good enough reason for me.  I still bought the XBLA download for the leaderboard replays,  not sure what other "extra's" you were talking about.

As for emulation,  it would certainly make more sense than "porting" the code, from a time/cost standpoint.  I don't think any of the SH3 ports have rom images on them, as Cave stated they were able to cross compile these via a toolchain developed with Microsoft's help (I believe they mentioned this in an interview).

Still if Cave were to someday release DoDonPachi Campaign version as a bonus or XBLA download, chances are it will be emulation. (fingers crossed!)

bcass

I thought the cross compiler tools came from M2?  I remember it being mentioned when they first revealed it only took them a couple of days to perform the basic port process.

Also, when I mentioned "additional features offered by playing the game on a 360" I meant the additional features of the 360, not specifically the game itself.  Local friends scoreboard (the one in the dash), achievements, local high score saving, leaderboards, downloadable replays, etc.  Being able to play at 15Khz is the only bonus of playing on a PCB as far as I'm concerned, but I'd still rather have all the extra 360 functonality than that.