Only two more ports after Guwange

Started by EOJ, March 11, 2010, 06:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I have heard of people who can take a hint. You're obviously not one of them. Bye.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

dmauro

Epic ban.

Just re-watched a superplay of DFK. That port can't come soon enough. I'm almost tempted to drop a bunch of cash on the BL PCB and then maybe sell it when(/if) the port arrives, but that's probably a bad idea considering I don't even have a steady job right now :P

Joe T.

A real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.

Anyway, I would prefer to see a Pink Sweets port over Muchi Muchi Pork, mostly because I sold my Pink Sweets PCB off already, and I would love to play some different modes of it that don't crush you mercilessly.  I also prefer it over MMP aesthetically speaking, and I bet it would look quite nice in high res.

dimmu--borgir

QuoteSomething old and crappy and already in MAME like Esprade (dear God NOOOO!!)?

Blasphemy!  But I'll agree to some point. We don't won't this game since there are others.

MMP in highrez would be fine but this is probably the CAVE game I've been playing most so PS would be fantastic.

Stupid question but does anyone have any estimate when this could be announced?

I don't know what to do if they port DFK. Probably scream out loud and not sleep for days... After the announcement about Ketsui, it would be a dream come true.

emphatic

Quote from: dimmu--borgir on March 12, 2010, 04:56:51 PMI don't know what to do if they port DFK. Probably scream out loud and not sleep for days... After the announcement about Ketsui, it would be a dream come true

As you only work nights, I think you're in for a couple of sleepless days soon. :P I think most CAVE fans would be very surprised not getting a DFK port. December, perhaps?

dimmu--borgir

QuoteAs you only work nights, I think you're in for a couple of sleepless days soon.

Yes, I forgot this. Fantastic job I have (not in the gaming industry), playing games all night and get paid. Haven't brought any arcade joystick yet though. Wonder what my associates would say about that.  :-\

DFK now!

ookitarepanda

Quote from: EOJ on March 12, 2010, 03:31:27 PM
I have heard of people who can take a hint. You're obviously not one of them. Bye.

I love you.

My guess like the rest of the people here is that DFK will be definite, especially since Daioujou has so many releases, so people know what dodonpachi is. MMP has been getting a lot of requests lately - a bunch of people on shmups and elsewhere looking to pick up the board like it's the new Ketsui or something - so I feel like that may be the other choice. If they go with Pink Sweets, they'll make some people extremely happy, and they'll make the other people who play it very frustrated/angry/violent. That's mostly what that game does to me.

NR777

I think MMP has greater potential for mainstream appeal, despite the fact that it stars pig girls with big boobs riding on flying motorcycles.  Although Pink Sweets placed higher in the poll, I would be really surprised if it saw a console port.

dmauro

Actually, if it came down to MMP or PS, I would go with the latter because I really like the art direction for that game and the Recca influence looks interesting. I've only played one or two credits of it though and felt just as lost as I ever did with Ibara.

Why does MMP have more potential mainstream appeal?

lam47

Quote from: NR777 on March 12, 2010, 06:06:15 PM
I think MMP has greater potential for mainstream appeal, BECAUSE OF the fact that it stars pig girls with big boobs riding on flying motorcycles.  Although Pink Sweets placed higher in the poll, I would be really surprised if it saw a console port.

Fixed :)

EOJ

Pink Sweets with an IKD arrange mode would be killer. PS has the best bullet patterns of any Cave game (by far), also probably the best music. Some of the best stage/enemy pattern design and bosses too. It would be a shame to have it fade into obscurity.

MMP has more appeal because it's way easier (PS is one of the hardest Cave games ever made - people complain about Espgaluda 2's difficulty, but if they played this they would have a heart attack), and the scoring system is simple but brilliant.
My score archive

emphatic

Quote from: dmauro on March 12, 2010, 06:08:23 PMWhy does MMP have more potential mainstream appeal?

Hey, I was gonna say Motorcycles!  :-X

I think the art direction should be counted higher than the overall popularity of the arcade games. The ports comes with arrange modes and whatnot, so even reading lots about how hard/frustrating PS is, I doubt I won't like a 360 port. Hell, I even enjoy having access to Futari Ultra, even though it's unlikely I'd put time into playing it.

purpbullets

i like the idea of PS arrange.

even a muchimuchi pork arrange.

Also wasn't there a MuchiMuchiPork Dai Cave Special Version?

something about after defeating each boss, you fight a pink sweets boss.

Plasmo

QuotePS is one of the hardest Cave games ever made - people complain about Espgaluda 2's difficulty, but if they played this they would have a heart attack

I really have to second that. Pink Sweets' difficulty is way over anything I've played so far. That damn 5th boss can rot in hell!

NR777

Quote from: EOJ on March 12, 2010, 06:13:09 PM
Pink Sweets with an IKD arrange mode would be killer. PS has the best bullet patterns of any Cave game (by far), also probably the best music. Some of the best stage/enemy pattern design and bosses too. It would be a shame to have it fade into obscurity.

If it doesn't get ported, I'll just save up for the PCB.  PS PCBs seem to be going for reasonable prices.

brentsg

skykid

Quote from: EOJ on March 12, 2010, 03:31:27 PM

Lol, that was cold.  :laugh:
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

JEP

What's the release date for MMP?  I hope it's region free! :righton:  Do you think it will release before Ketsui?

Elixir

Quote from: Icarus on March 12, 2010, 11:18:47 AM
Quote from: Plasmo on March 12, 2010, 11:02:55 AMThe only surprise title will be the other one. If it's not MMP nor Pink Sweets I'm going to kill myself.
PLEASE do the Yagawa love!!!

Daifukkatsu Black Label will be entertaining to see on the 360, given how much it chokes the arcade hardware in the later stages.
I'm hoping for a fully featured MMP port like their previous 360 releases, with hi-res, Arrange and other stuff. Though I'd be doubly happy with a bare-bones Pink and Pork double-pack. One can but dream, however.

Given how much the 360 can handle with Galuda2's Arrange, I'm sure it can handle DFK.

brentsg

Quote from: Elixir on March 12, 2010, 07:44:18 PM
Given how much the 360 can handle with Galuda2's Arrange, I'm sure it can handle DFK.

It might be a tricky port, particularly for black label.  Regarding the hardware induced slowdown, do they leave it in or avoid it..  thus rendering the port inaccurate? 

Based on their DS and Futari black label accuracy so far, I don't hold high hopes for DFK BL.

EOJ

Futari BL is a pretty solid port. Not arcade perfect, but solid (~ 90%). God & Maniac modes accurately retain the on screen display drop/flicker when you trigger a lot of gems. Thus they'd likely retain the on screen display drop/flicker in DFK BL.

The DSMBL port is mess, but they seem to have learned from that mistake.
My score archive

brentsg

Doesn't it seem like Futari BL has too much slowdown, making it a little bit easier?

EOJ

Original mode does, but it's not more than the extra slowdown found in Futari 1.5's Original/Maniac/Ultra port. Maniac and God don't have any noticeable extra slowdown (other than the slight slowdown as the stage 1 boss is entering in God mode), though they are missing a couple bits of slowdown.
My score archive

Dave_K.

Granted DDP DFK/BL is a given, and most likely their last full disc release, I'm predicting they followup that up with an XBLA download of DoDonPachi and Campaign Version.  Seems a natural progression from Guwange and Matsuri version.  

Now why do I really hope this happens?  Because I'm sure some ingenious individual is going to rip out the Guwange matsuri rom from the XBLA download so we can burn it and play it on our own PCBs or in Mame, and would LOVE to be able to play DDP CV on my PCB as well!  >:D

bcass

Dream-on.  These are ports, not emulations.

Elixir

Quote from: Dave_K. on March 12, 2010, 08:59:56 PMNow why do I really hope this happens?  Because I'm sure some ingenious individual is going to rip out the Guwange matsuri rom from the XBLA download so we can burn it and play it on our own PCBs or in Mame, and would LOVE to be able to play DDP CV on my PCB as well!  >:D

No offense but... are you high?

purpbullets

Quote from: Elixir on March 12, 2010, 10:38:47 PM
Quote from: Dave_K. on March 12, 2010, 08:59:56 PMNow why do I really hope this happens?  Because I'm sure some ingenious individual is going to rip out the Guwange matsuri rom from the XBLA download so we can burn it and play it on our own PCBs or in Mame, and would LOVE to be able to play DDP CV on my PCB as well!  >:D

No offense but... are you high?

Im high :laugh:

necpmf

I'd give my left nut to have DDP Campaign version.

Seriously.

Dave_K.

Quote from: Elixir on March 12, 2010, 10:38:47 PMNo offense but... are you high?

No offense taken, I know its a far fetched idea, but given this is exactly what happen with IronClad for Wii VC, its within the range of possibility, if Cave decides to do quick XBLA ports through emulation.

ookitarepanda

Fuck, I changed my mind. It's gonna be Bee Storm and we all know it.