Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu [CAVE 2008]

Started by EOJ, January 28, 2008, 03:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Quote from: zlk on February 21, 2009, 05:37:36 PM
Amy idea why the combo meter sometimes counts down and then sometimes turns red and immediately goes to zero?

It counts down when you don't have a full hyper meter. If you have a full hyper meter and you lose your chain it goes red and resets to zero.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

Is this game sold out already? Tops, Legend, and Fujita are all out of new kits and can't seem to get any more. They don't even have any used PCBs. The only used one I can find is at gfront for 110,000 yen.

Seems this game did pretty well - it sold out while the kits were still well over $1000.

My score archive

KOMA

Fujita pop one at Yahoo at the moment and the Neoarcadia gamecenter in france just bought one from Fujita last week.

EOJ

Quote from: KOMA on March 11, 2009, 06:45:00 AM
Fujita pop one at Yahoo at the moment and the Neoarcadia gamecenter in france just bought one from Fujita last week.

Yeah, but it's not on Fujita's pricelist updated yesterday. The one on YAJ is not a kit, just a PCB in a box w/ color copied artwork. They say it's one they had left over that they had to get fixed because it wasn't working properly.
My score archive

Pointman

It seems pretty sold out from what I can see.  Tried Legend, Excellent and Fujita (no reply from them though  :mad:) and no joy.  Sophia Corp have got a used board in stock with copied artwork for 128,000 yen which is a crazy price.  This is all just typical as I am in the market for the game after playing it on holiday the other week.  The game has bare skills  :)

brumma

FYI, Joey at Legend told me that I bought their last kit.

zlk

It doesn't surprise me at all that DDP DFK is sold out.  1.5 is very well designed.  Players of all skill levels can enjoy the game.  I know some people complain about the autobombing, but if you are good you would never use the feature anyway except maybe against the TLB. 

With the global economy not doing so well, games need to be designed to capture a wider base to make money.  I think Cave has done a great job with Death Smiles and DDP DFK. 

Pointman

Well I did manage to pick the game finally.  Got it from Legend who said that it was a used board with the box and POP.  Imagine my surprise when the game arrives with a perfect box, POP, marquee, the B1 flyer, strip, pcb feet and a mint board.  If I didn't know any better I would swear that it was brand new.  The only thing missing is the instructions but I can live with that.  They even sent a Dai ou Jou Black Label poster for free.  The beautiful thing was the price though, a sharp $928.  Suffice to say it has made my day  :)

EOJ

Looks like you got a great deal! :righton: One with a signed box just went for 150,000 yen on YAJ:

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b96082336
My score archive

croikle

Yeah, sounds like a great deal. Have fun with it.

Pointman

Cheers chaps, I'm looking forward to putting some quality time into it. 

adverse

Does anyone have the credits list for this game?

lgb

I think there's a partial one somewhere in the soundtrack papers. I'll have to look again.

Quote from: EOJ on October 16, 2008, 09:28:49 PMNo, no EX mode. Just a new shot style called "Strong Style".
Oops, forgot to explain myself. That was a stab at a certain Neo*Geo fighting game that featured two main play styles and one hidden style that's more or less a compromise of the two. Strong mode sounds very much like that concept.

I really need to follow up on my posts more often so I can at least explain weird things if I ever forget to do so.

EOJ

It looks like the price of a DDPDFK 1.5 kit is on the rise. ???

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n74791196

Currently at 129,200 yen and still not over. A kit like that a few months ago sold for 90,000 yen on YAJ (with only one bidder). Since the game has sold out in shops, it's rising quickly. A signed box kit sold for a 150,000 yen BIN the other day on YAJ. I've never seen a SH3 game dip in price then rise so much toward the end of its first year!
My score archive

jpj

presumably because they usually decrease when cave put out new games - and everyone's seen deathsmiles 2 ^-^

EOJ

I think it's because "conservative print run+last vert SH3 game+DODONPACHI+gorgeous graphics+accessible to beginners&pros+Deathsmiles 2 sucks Cave is dead"
My score archive

jpj

i wonder if we might start seeing all cave boards slowly increase in value, if DS2 marks a new direction for them.   :-\

EOJ

That's very possible, at least for the games without ports. Pink Sweets has started to rise a bit on YAJ, for example.
My score archive

erzane

hello
I need infos concerning technicaly in details how to unlock the first EXBOSS please ?
thanks

SuperPang

If I remember correctly, shoot the big round storage tanks before the big tanks roll over them and earn a hyper before the midboss.

erzane

ok I will try
but I m not sure to succeed to have a hyper in short time
and what about the bees ?
must I pick up 3 bees or more ?

rtw

I understand that the hyper increases your firepower, allows bullet cancelling and raises the rank.

But what happens to the rank when the hyper finishes ? Is it the same as in Dai-Ou-Jou where the
rank is not reset before you bomb or die ?
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

EOJ

The rank goes back to normal when the hyper finishes. There is no rank other than when in hyper mode.
My score archive

EOJ

The official DVD is pretty wild. While all the replays are awesome, I have to admit I probably enjoyed TAC's A-Bomb play the most. Maybe because I've never seen anyone play as A-Bomb before.

Another highlight was SWY's Stage 4 boss milking technique. Pure genius!
My score archive

AKraten

just got the dvd today , its amazing

EOJ

According to Cave, there were officially only three signed boxes available:

IKD
Ichimura
Wakabayasi

You can tell they are official because they not only have a signature, but also an official red sticker
on the front corner of the box
. Yours lacks this sticker, which is how you can tell it's fake.

Yours looks like some random Japanese dude just scribbled his name on it. :-\
My score archive

AKraten

thanks for the info

when i got it from legend this box was like this

EOJ

Did legend tell you beforehand it was an officially signed box, or did it just show up with like that?
My score archive

AKraten

it just showed up like this
then my friend thought it was one of the signed boxes.
I honestly dont know what the writing says , i have been posting see if anyone knows.
either way i really love the game and its not a setback i am more curious then anything.
:)

JEFF

May i ask how much you had to pay for it and if you know that they still have stock?

BTW this is my first reply. This is a great site!