Main Menu

Mushihimesama HD [X360]

Started by EOJ, December 28, 2011, 02:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeNeko

Quote from: EOJ on April 06, 2012, 07:43:43 AM
Personally, I'd love a version of Mushi 1 with Futari 1.5 Maniac's scoring system.

As much as i d love to get the insertion of a new scoring, unless they planned this from the get go, adding it as last minute DLC is a recipe for a bug-fest disaster ^^;
I think they played safe, and just adapted the original lovely code <3

Anyway, i want that game :) I don t know why but i love mushihime sama first entry.

Now, for the explanation (uninteresting bit, i leave it as spoiler):
[spoiler]Actually, as far as i understood the code hierarchy at CAVE, the mushihime series is not made for easy scoring radical changes.
The implementation should be spread all over in item_c (by Inoue), the stages enemies sources (there are quite some, by inoue <3 and IKD), the modes sources (main game rules), for init by..err..whoever made that.. the bosses main source and the bosses checks by IKD... so as i said, various origins and spread code=a lot of chances to break something
[/spoiler]

radiant

the skyrocket system from mushi 1.0 is very difficult.

It's good they change this on mushi 1.5

Orochi S

Not long to go until this baby drops - I take it there has been no news on the 1.5 version's counterstop issue? The DLC will be the same as the PCB version? It would be really nice if this was fixed...

EOJ

Some new info on this from a famitsu.com interview (http://www.famitsu.com/news/201205/17014608.html):

-Slowdown in arcade mode is said to be pretty much exact. Asada made a point to mention this. The last two times he said this it was for Deathsmiles and DFK 1.5, both of which have superb slowdown replication.
-Arrange mode is the PS2 version's Arrange mode with various tweaks implemented from suggestions by top players to make it more of a challenge. Sounds like it could be pretty awesome.
-They mulled about whether they should port Ibara or Mushi, and went with the latter.
-No one at Cave can clear Ultra mode.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SomeMist

I'm not exactly sure why...but that picture of asada and ikeda is awesome.

darkidol

Quote from: eojx9999 on May 16, 2012, 08:42:17 PM
-They mulled about whether they should port Ibara or Mushi, and went with the latter.

Was great to know it was on their mind.  Unlikely as it may look now, the candle still flickers a little.

Lunchbox

Quote from: SomeMist on May 17, 2012, 12:02:15 AM
I'm not exactly sure why...but that picture of asada and ikeda is awesome.

I agree. It's a kind of metaphor for the situation of the company.
No arcades in Spain.

Special World

If that picture were a poster I'd definitely hang it on my wall.

EOJ

My score archive

Let_It_Be

That has to be among the higher scores a shmup has received from them in the last 5 years right?

Muchi Muchi Spork

It's a 10, the pcb version anyway.

TimingTripod40

I think that's pretty much the standard score Famitsu gives to the 360 ports.

Strider77

No early reports on this game out of Japan yet?

A47A47

Mushihimesama's novice-mode has no auto-bombs while Mushihimesama-Futari's novice-mode has auto-bombs.

On Mushihimesama's novice-ultra-stage3, You can get a 1up-item while on Mushihimesama-Futari's novice-ultra-stage5, you can get two 1up-items.

moozooh

That's the first Novice mode on my memory that doesn't have an autobomb. Interesting!
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

I'm happy to see you can enter initials for your high score in this port.
My score archive

ookitarepanda

Quote from: eojx9999 on May 22, 2012, 07:40:44 PM

:righton:

It's dumb when my friends come over and play on my 360 and later on I'm not be able to distinguish my own saved scores from theirs...

moozooh

I wish any of my friends were so good. :laugh:
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Special World

Quote from: eojx9999 on May 22, 2012, 07:40:44 PM
Thank God -_-

EOJ

Inside of the SE case showing the DLC card (not my picture, I don't have the game yet):

HDD install size of the game is 463MB. Also, achievement list:

http://www12.atwiki.jp/xbox360score/pages/1556.html

Looks like Cave's easiest to date. The only tough ones are the Arrange 1CC one and the get the counter over 200K one. There are ones for 1CCing Original and Maniac, but not Ultra. There is a hidden one for beating stage 3 on Ultra without continuing, but you can do it in Novice mode!
My score archive

Softdrink 117

Quote from: eojx9999 on May 23, 2012, 01:52:03 AM
HDD install size of the game is 463MB.

Do you mean there's a 463MB install for Mushi HD, or is that the size of the 1.5 DLC?
Sorry, just a bit confused.

Also, got my shipping confirmation today, whee!  =D

A47A47

Inside of the SE case showing the DLC card (not my picture, I don't have the game yet):

It's my photo which I uploaded to 2ch BBS yesterday. :)

Quote from: Softdrink 117 on May 23, 2012, 02:42:26 AM
Do you mean there's a 463MB install for Mushi HD, or is that the size of the 1.5 DLC?

There's a 463MB install for Mushi HD. (I'm sorry not to be good at English.)
The size of the disk of Mushihimesama is 463MB.
(It's not absolutely necessary to install, like other almost all Xbox360 retail games.)
The size of ver 1.5 DLC is 1.87MB.

I have 1.5 DLC card, but I haven't downloaded 1.5 DLC yet.

ookitarepanda

HDD install size of the game is 463MB.

Sorry, just a bit confused.

Also, got my shipping confirmation today, whee!  =D

Not a mandatory install for the game. For any 360 game you can choose to install [a portion of] the game so that it runs smoother. I haven't noticed too much a difference for the Cave ports but I do it anyway.

lam47

Will 1.5 be available to purchase as dlc too?
Really like the arrange soundtrack!

Also; could someone remind me how to use the rapid shots. It's been ages since I played the ps2 version!

Chempop

I'm on my way to someone's house so I can download 1.5, and update my Xbox.  It wouldn't play without the latest firmware or whatever it is.  I'll report back in a little while, hopefully I can answer any questions people have.

Really pumped for this, especially after Spork's ravings :)

TimingTripod40

Let me know if Original MAX is as awesome as I remember.

A47A47

Quote from: lam47 on May 23, 2012, 10:48:00 AM
could someone remind me how to use the rapid shots.

I don't have PS2, so I don't know rapid of PS2 version.

Here's my inquiry about rapid of Xbox360 version.
(60 frames = 1 second)
When you hold rapid shot button, it repeats "holding shot button for (trigger time)+1 frames and releasing shot button for (interval)+1 frames".

lam47

Thanks man! Also thanks for the achievement translation over on xboxachievements.
Now how and when do you use the rapid shots to boost score :)

Softdrink 117

Quote from: A47A47 on May 23, 2012, 08:16:34 AM

There's a 463MB install for Mushi HD.
Thanks!

Quote from: ookitarepanda on May 23, 2012, 10:47:43 AM
Not a mandatory install for the game. For any 360 game you can choose to install [a portion of] the game so that it runs smoother. I haven't noticed too much a difference for the Cave ports but I do it anyway.

Coming from a PS3, where pretty much every game needs to be installed for decent loading times, I'm very familiar with disk installs. The way EOJ phrased it, though, was a bit ambiguous as to whether the 463MB was for Mushi HD or for 1.5. My concern is that I wasn't able to find a 250GB Xbox in stock at the time of placing my order, so at the moment I only have the 4GB version coming. I might have to upgrade the hard drive once it arrives.