Main Menu

Mushihimesama HD [X360]

Started by EOJ, December 28, 2011, 02:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Let_It_Be

Quote from: lam47 on May 24, 2012, 08:22:46 AM
My friend is working in Japan and her friend works in an independent game shop. I'm not sure what it's called though. There was no shrink wrap on the case so he could have removed it for some reason?

They screwed you over, you should get your money back for getting an opened copy.

jyumi

Quote from: lam47 on May 24, 2012, 08:22:46 AM
My friend is working in Japan and her friend works in an independent game shop. I'm not sure what it's called though. There was no shrink wrap on the case so he could have removed it for some reason?

Isn't DLC usually in the dvd case with the booklet? If there are signs that the xbox sticker seal is broken or removed, then yes it is likely it has been removed.
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

Special World

God, this game is fun as hell. And I think it may have my favorite style and music of any Cave game.

Wish I understood the scoring though, and the rapid fire buttons. I don't really understand the application of those at all :\

Though I did manage to get two extends on the first stage of Maniac Max, so there's that.

My baby is back in action.

EOJ

Quote from: TimingTripod40 on May 24, 2012, 09:07:15 AM
Let me know if this still works

-SNIP (apparent IRC log from a banned member that says you should die when your counter is at 999999 to lower it to 800000 and jack it back up)-

Considering your counter resets to zero when you die, I'm thinking that never worked in the first place.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

AntiFritz

I thought that was how the counterstop was done? Which did happand afaik.

EOJ

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

The counterstop is confirmed, of course. But the method to do it is still not clear. In a related note, this guy says he "regretfully died at the stage 5 midboss" in the Arcade version, but still got over 9 billion:

My score archive

cstarflare

It could be bombing/just letting the counter run down instead of dying.

Though I still don't understand why the game would give less points for a max counter than for an almost max counter.

EOJ

The counter goes well over 999,999, it just maxes out on that on the yellow point markers that pop up over the enemies when you kill them. The counter in the upper left goes up at least to 9.99 million (highest I've seen is about 1.4 million on the stage 2 midboss) and this is the value that is added to your score.

A more probable hypothesis for the counterstop is you just need to find a way to jack up the counters high enough on stage 3, which requires a good pattern and expert implementation of rapid fire or manual tapping. If you chain the stage completely, jacking up the counters effectively along the way, by the time you reach the 1UP holder at the end you should be able to increase the counter into many millions on it, then killing the side pieces probably puts you over 9.99 bil. There is room for another digit beyond 9 billion in the port, so it will be interesting to see if they lifted the counterstop limit and scores can go into the 10s of billions.
My score archive

TimingTripod40

Quote from: Special World on May 24, 2012, 08:50:20 PM
God, this game is fun as hell. And I think it may have my favorite style and music of any Cave game.

Wish I understood the scoring though, and the rapid fire buttons. I don't really understand the application of those at all :\

Though I did manage to get two extends on the first stage of Maniac Max, so there's that.

My baby is back in action.
Assuming they didn't change too much from the original version, this should help a bit.

lam47

Shit. Sounds like he nabbed it then.
I can't complain really as he did it super cheap.
If anyone wants to sell a code I will take it!

Muchi Muchi Spork

Like how cheap? Taking the DLC from this game is worse than Cartman taking the skin off KFC. Sounds like somebody's gonna be jacking it in San Diego -->http://youtu.be/jbSJET3DiX8.

lam47

?40.
I'm thinking it's one he opened to try, redeemed the code then sold on.
It's the first time I have bought from him and won't again.
Now I don't have the bleeding money to buy another copy!

Muchi Muchi Spork

Yeah that's buttrape. Worse than what SDOJ is doing to me.

Orochi S

Is there a detailed explanation of 1.5's scoring system anywhere?

Loving the game!

Muchi Muchi Spork

I haven't seen one yet, just some bits here and there in the game's pcb thread at shmups. Probably EOJ will post one. In the mean time, practice your dodging.  :lol:

Orochi S

Quote from: Muchi Muchi Spork on May 25, 2012, 01:57:52 PM
I haven't seen one yet, just some bits here and there in the game's pcb thread at shmups. Probably EOJ will post one. In the mean time, practice your dodging.  :lol:

Haha, sounds like some good advice! 1.5 is so cool - definitely has the potential to become one of my fav games. I want to get properly stuck into the scoring, though...!

Sapz

Been messing with Original MAX for a few hours; haven't got my usual screen handy so I can't react to stuff as well as usual, but I'm loving it so far. It feels like a less frustrating BL Original - same sort of deal, but without the whole run going to shit if you get hit. Current progress is around 28k counter by the stage 1 boss and 100m by halfway through stage 3 or so. Tomorrow I'll go back home and hopefully get some better runs. :righton:

Also, the arrange version of the stage 4 BGM is godlike.

AweOfShe

With all the favorable comments on the DLC, I am glad I decided to finally grab a Cave title on release this time around. :lol:

I missed out on all of the other First Print DLC codes though. :(
XBox Live - AweOfShe1

Orochi S

Quote from: AweOfShe on May 25, 2012, 05:10:53 PM
With all the favorable comments on the DLC, I am glad I decided to finally grab a Cave title on release this time around. :lol:

Well, this is by far the most significant first print DLC that Cave have released - the only other really good one is MMP Matsuri version. You haven't missed too much!

Blue_Rei

Quote from: Orochi S on May 25, 2012, 05:40:21 PM
Quote from: AweOfShe on May 25, 2012, 05:10:53 PM

Well, this is by far the most significant first print DLC that Cave have released - the only other really good one is MMP Matsuri version. You haven't missed too much!

Agreed. I learned with Deathsmiles. I was late to the J360 party a little after that was released. And when I got the LE from Play-Asia, it didn't have the voice DLC. Actually wasn't aware it existed till a few years ago! ^_^;

Got my copy in the mail today before heading to work. Now to just get through the day...

Special World

Stage 3 is as much of a bastard as any stage 3 has a right to be.

The cockroaches get me every time. Every time.

But I am loving it.

EOJ

I can see now quite clearly, based on my own play (1.8bil after a handful of full runs - basically just screwing around) and YOS.K's 3.8bil replay (that ends in the start of stage 4, and has tons of errors) that the Maniac/Ultra counterstop is simply done by expert play using the rapid fire system in the game. There's no trick, no exploit. It's just bad planning on Cave's part to counterstop at 9.99 bil. Reminds me of DFK 1.0.

As mentioned earlier, the port has smaller high score digits allowing for at least one more digit, which should make scores go up to 99bil and fix the counterstop problem. I can't think of any other reason why they would make the digits smaller than in Mushihimesama. Let's hope this is the case, it will allow us to see the true scoring potential in the game.
My score archive

cstarflare

Every time I play Mushi I am struck by how slow W-Shot Reco feels. Takes me half a dozen credits to get used to it... then I play a round of Arrange using S and have to readjust.

Has anyone taken the time to work out the ideal Rapid settings for the 360 port? I stayed away from them on the PS2 version but I'm feeling lazy this time around.

EOJ

In Ver 1.5 currently I tap Shot (i.e. A) manually to counterbank enemies and use setting 1-4 for Rapid Autofire (i.e. C+) to skyrocket on them. I can get 1.4~1.6 bil on the counter on the stage 2 midboss this way. The default 2-3 setting for Rapid Shot (i.e. A+) seems to work for the power shot, though I'm not sure yet if that's the optimal setting.
My score archive

EOJ

I just encountered a bug in 1.5: I beat the stage 2 boss, but the boss music didn't fade out. Instead, it kept playing throughout the run. Even after it was over and I returned to the mode select screen, it still kept playing. I had to exit to the dashboard to stop it.
My score archive

MikeNeko

Ho ? I just played Ultra to check and nope even in ultra i didn t have the bug ^^; there must be an obscure bug hidden somewhere...
(i play with digital out)

unless this was in score attack ... i just play play ^^

Blade Runner

If I redeem the 1.5 DLC with a Japanese Gamertag on my Japanese console, will my main UK Gamertag read and be able to play the DLC downloaded?

Thanks.

brentsg

Quote from: Blade Runner on May 26, 2012, 06:54:03 PM
If I redeem the 1.5 DLC with a Japanese Gamertag on my Japanese console, will my main UK Gamertag read and be able to play the DLC downloaded?

Thanks.

DLC is tied to a Gamertag as well as the console that it's redeemed on.  So once redeemed, that Gamertag can use it on any (proper region) Xbox.  Also, any Gamertag will be able to use it on the Xbox that it was originally redeemed on.

EOJ

Quote from: MikeNeko on May 26, 2012, 01:04:43 PM
Ho ? I just played Ultra to check and nope even in ultra i didn t have the bug ^^; there must be an obscure bug hidden somewhere...
(i play with digital out)

unless this was in score attack ... i just play play ^^

It has only happened to me once so far, in Maniac Score Attack. Hope they patch it.
My score archive

ookitarepanda

Quote from: brentsg on May 26, 2012, 06:55:33 PM

DLC is tied to a Gamertag as well as the console that it's redeemed on.  So once redeemed, that Gamertag can use it on any (proper region) Xbox.  Also, any Gamertag will be able to use it on the Xbox that it was originally redeemed on.

I just had this experience too with the MMP DLC. I tried redownloading the DLC but it still won't let me play Matsuri mode unless I'm signed into my JP account (on my US 360). Any way around this that you've figured out?