Main Menu

Mushihimesama HD [X360]

Started by EOJ, December 28, 2011, 02:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimingTripod40

iconoclast

So hyped for Mushi 1. I've never played it before, so I've been hoping for a 360 port. So awesome.

Monouchi

Awesome!  =D
Thanks A47A47 for the info!
Mmmm.....HD....

JOW

Quote from: A47A47 on January 30, 2012, 06:36:42 AMBest First Post Ever  =D

...thanks for the info - so awesome  :cool:

Quote from: moozooh on January 30, 2012, 06:41:20 AMHere's to hoping it will include 1.0, 1.5, and a new arrange mode. But I guess 1.5 alone would be enough for an instant purchase.

...I'll be buying this regardless - even if just 1.0 is included (but I'm sure 1.5 will feature somewhere). I'm convinced this is going to look beautiful in HD.

Although CAVE being CAVE something will be fucked up  ;) - I'll bet on the inability to set multiple buttons per shot (hence nerfing autofire usage).

emphatic

EOJ

Pretty much what I expected - I told you guys the ios version was a good clue. Still, hope 1.5 is in there, or some other cool new mode.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

Seems this will be their last X360 game (actually, last game on any of the current home consoles):

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=1834

They've already moved on to new platforms. Also, "HD" is part of the title, apparently.

There goes my hope for an Ibara Kuro port! It seems this was related to the recent report about restructuring their business. I wouldn't be surprised if they were forced to cancel a planned Ibara pack. I'd rather have that than Mushi HD, but oh well. I know Mushi HD will sell more, so it's better business for them.
My score archive

darkidol

Awesome news.  I've been having a look at this thread every day for weeks.  Can't wait to see what they put out...

An Ibara compilation (with OST  :whyioughtta: ) would have been a dream, but Mushihimesama will look dreamy in HD.  :righton:

Special World

Yes! I like the idea of them trying to make this one something special. Maybe it'll fix all the small problems that have been plaguing Cave ports recently. Mushi + 1.5 is definitely the package I would have them go out on. I'm assuming they have to have 1.5 on there, since the original was released on PS2. Here's hoping there's also an Arrange mode or two.

What lovely news. Hopefully my joy won't be diminished as more news comes out.

Monouchi

Quote from: EOJ on January 30, 2012, 09:52:14 AM
Seems this will be their last X360 game (actually, last game on any of the current home consoles):

Thats sad, I was hoping for a Ibara and SDOJ port on 360.

Let_It_Be

While it's not great news that this will be the last 360 port, at least it's going out with a title that many people wanted.  I guess both Ibara and Mushihimesama was a bit too much to ask.  So consider me very pleased.

neomoe

yeah, i'm a bit disappointed as well...between mushi on the ps2 and the iphone game (yeah I know... :P), I'm kinda all mushied out.  Hopefully it will at least have version 1.5.  i mean especially if it's an $80 retail release...

Really would have preferred Ibara kuro, but oh well.

And it stinks that the new DDP wont be coming to the 360....

Well, at least Under Defeat is getting released soon :)
hopefully the game is as enjoyable as i remember it...

bcass

I reckon they're moving all home console development over to the WiiU.  It'll almost certainly have region-locking by default (which suits their publishing model perfectly).  It can't be the next Xbox or PS4, I think we're at least another 12 months (at least) before there's even a sniff of Microsoft/Sony replacements.

Let_It_Be

Please don't say that, that would make me purchase a console at launch which I have never done yet.

emphatic

I hope the port quality is on par with DDP-DFK (proper video modes) and won't force us to use the "awesome" wide mode again, like in Guwange and MMP/PS. That would be terrible.

Muchi Muchi Spork

If the graphics are remade in HD then I don't think there is any need for any stretching. Or at least, there shouldn't be. I don't have an X360.

dan76

Really happy about the announcement... again, shame there won't be a low res arcade mode but they gave up on those a while ago. 1.5 looks great from what I've seen so I really hope it's included.

I wonder if Asada's comment on it being the last 360 game isn't just a bit of marketing... or am I just being hopeful/cynical.
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
www.1ccgames.com

EOJ

Quote from: dan76 on January 30, 2012, 09:07:13 PM
I wonder if Asada's comment on it being the last 360 game isn't just a bit of marketing... or am I just being hopeful/cynical.

Could be. Cave changes their tune all the time, and they don't always tell the truth. If Saidaioujou isn't released on the X360, maybe it'll be a WiiU launch title and we can play it with the big dumb tablet controller thingy. Oh boy, can't wait.
My score archive

sh00g

The announcement is bitter sweet. 360 did have a really good run however.

Let_It_Be

I honestly think that if this port sells really well (not sure on the chances of that), it would be hard for Cave to ignore easy money with another port.

SinHo

Not sure if want to see mushi 1.5 ported to xbox360.

Why!? Well, from my point of view it would be to ass fuck all PCB collectors and on a personal level, I have to think twice before i spend +2000USD for a "Limited" PCB. In the long run CAVE needs to keep some part of there games exclusive to PCB or in the end ppl will lose interest in collecting or actually take the time to visit a arcade ...

EOJ

I know where you're coming from, but if you buy PCBs you really have to understand the risks and not get upset if your rare PCB gets ported. Even if 1.5 gets ported it will only be in the new hi res graphics - the original 240p graphics will only be found on the PCB. Also, version differences will always exist (slowdown, etc).
My score archive

SinHo

I really don?t care if a rare PCB dig a deep hole in my pockets, I just have to spend less on other stuff?

However, in order to keep the interest alive and actually get ppl to visit an arcade you need to keep some games exclusive (well, my opinion). I?m quit sure some ppl visit the arcade only to get the opportunity to play for example mushi 1.5. I can only assume that the interest will decrease if you can buy the port and sit at home.

Ops, this was a bit off topic ? will keep in line from now  :)

emphatic

Yeah, the limited PCB is more like a limited 180 grams vinyl release of a massproduced CD. You get the analog stuff without digital errors. :) For collectors, a 360 port shouldn't matter, but as far as "exclusive content" matters, the ports have an advantage.

EOJ

Arcade games are exclusive until the port hits, which can be from a few months to many years. But trust me, ports don't really matter in Japanese arcades. People still play old games in the arcades, even if ports and MAME emu versions are available. Every time I go to my local arcade here in Kyoto there are people playing Ketsui and Mushi and DDPDFK 1.5 and so on. Even really old stuff like Raiden Fighters and Ikaruga. They don't care about the ports, and the lack of a port won't have more people coming in to a smoky arcade to play some 3+ year old game on a Sunday afternoon. And for a game like Mushi 1.5 which is in like 5 arcades in all of Japan, it really doesn't matter one way or another.
My score archive

bcass

Quote from: EOJ on January 30, 2012, 09:17:15 PMIf Saidaioujou isn't released on the X360, maybe it'll be a WiiU launch title and we can play it with the big dumb tablet controller thingy. Oh boy, can't wait.

The WiiU is compatible with the Wii-motes so you'll be able to use the rather decent Classic Controller.

EOJ

I know, I was just making fun of the WiiU (but I'll probably still buy one anyone, so the last laugh is on me!).
My score archive

Kaneda

How much do you want to bet Cave doesn't know about the counter-stop in some of the modes of 1.5 (of they do and just don't think it's worth changing) and release it as is?

EOJ

My score archive

A47A47

As Mr. ASADA officially announced Mushihimesama HD on his blog, I'll delete my photo later.