Mushihimesama Futari ver 1.5 [JP XBOX 360, 2009] REGION FREE W/ SCANLINES

Started by EOJ, April 21, 2009, 02:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcass

I think there was a short delay from when it was available on the JPN Marketplace and then available on all the other Marketplaces, which would explain why I couldn't originally download it using a non-JPN gamertag.

adverse

Fuck, achievement for getting counter to 100k in BL Original.  That'll take some work.

SuperPang

adverse

Wow, Black Label slowdown seems overdone.  I remember the arcade being much faster than this, particularly stage 3 boss.

I won't complain necessarily, since it'll make getting 100k on the counter doable, but the scores are not going to be comparable to the PCB.

antares

I think the massive slowdown and the freezes are both bugs.

I played 1.5 after I had downloaded BL and the freezes happened there too. Also it seemed to me that there was now more slowdown than before.

Only solution is to delete BL than everything is back to normal in 1.5. I'll download BL again when they release a patch.

EOJ

Quote from: adverse on December 11, 2009, 11:42:50 AM
Fuck, achievement for getting counter to 100k in BL Original.  That'll take some work.

It's actually pretty easy. I think I did that after a few credits with the game, back when I first got it 2 years ago.

All the slowdown and glitches suck. They need to test this stuff before they release it. I also think they released this way too early, people
haven't had a chance to spend enough time with ver 1.5. They should have waited until January, ironed out the bugs, etc. As it stands it just looks like another lazy-ass, inaccurate, "quicky" port for cash, like DSMBL was.

Just read comments from Japanese players on 2Ch about BL: they're really complaining about it. Slowdown is really fucked up in all the modes (very different from the PCB), freezes, stutters, etc.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Megalixir

The slowdown is really weird, yeah. The stuttering is annoying from time to time so I hope they will do something regarding that. It's a shame because I really like BL Original.

Does the stuttering occur more in God Mode?

bcass

I think BL Original is easily the best of all the modes.  With or without the (occasional) stuttering.

lawnspic

Alot of people have complained about graphical glitches in various places here and on Shmups. I have yet to see any (just the audio glitch), now BL is said to have some issues with slowdown and stuttering. I will give it a try to see.

EOJ

FYI, you can practice Spiritual Larsa in God mode training. Just set bombs to infinite, and start at the stage 5 boss. Bomb it like crazy until it dies, then Spiritual Larsa pops up. Will probably be the only chance most of us get to experience that boss fight.
My score archive

HVL

It fucking sucks that Black Labels always get the "quick and dirty cash, lol" treatment. Hopefully this shit will be fixed and quickly, along with the MF1.5 bugs.

lawnspic

Still have not seen the glitches that are reported. I'm running from HDD on a Jasper connected to a Sony HD CRT via component running in 480p. Exactly what points are the glitches seen?

gsl

I sunk a good amount of time into BL last night (mainly Original, though a few runs on Maniac and God) and I only ran into any stuttering one time, that I was aware of.  Got it installed to HD on a Jasper, and was playing the Arcade version of the games.

Man, I've forgotten how much fun God mode is.  It's like a doable Ultra that doesn't require OCD reflexes or scholarly dedication to get into.  Now scoring well, on the other hand...

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on December 11, 2009, 06:41:25 PM

It's actually pretty easy. I think I did that after a few credits with the game, back when I first got it 2 years ago.

Well, it took me some practice but I got it today.  For anyone else going for it, you're probably going to need at least 70k on the counter coming out of stage 4 if you want a shot at it.  I died trying to stunt on the stage 3 midboss and still managed to get it.  Scored 634 mil on the run too (and then promptly canceled my score registration like an imbecile).

Megalixir

Quote from: bcass on December 11, 2009, 07:38:17 PM
I think BL Original is easily the best of all the modes.  With or without the (occasional) stuttering.

Play it for over 5 hours and say that. I'm still unsure on whether I like it or not, the entire thing is ludicrously memorization based, which I don't mind for games like Samidare since they're only 3 levels, but this shit is just dumb.  1.5 to BL goes from survival and high rank to a pretty easy 1cc, but requires you to shove your ass into everything imaginable. I've been trying to learn Stage 1 (personal best is a multiplier of 17k) and I've not crashed into so many enemies in my entire life.

adverse

Megalixir

Thanks for the 2 mb gif image, it's almost like I'm really browsing NeoGAF.

And I'm serious, the scoring system seems really finnicky and tedious - die once and kiss your run goodbye, crash into enemies trying to get them to ooze gems at every available opportunity. It even has daioujou's method of keeping a chain alive, by shooting at things you can't even see on screen yet, milking them because they won't explode until the map has progressed a certain point. I don't dislike this mode totally, else I wouldn't be playing it, I just think it's way too hasty for people to be saying things like, "oh well there's no point in playing 1.5 Original again BLACK LABEL IS SO AWESOME XDDDD!!!!!!!!" after playing it for one night.

GaijinPunch

QuotePlay it for over 5 hours and say that.

HVL

According to VGChartz, the port has sold 18,616 copies after two weeks. That's less than Deathsmiles' first week sales.

SuperPang

For anyone disappointed they didn't get the faceplate stickers, don't be, they don't work. Both mine are now in the bin. I think Cave know this, hence the proper one for Espgaluda 2.  :whyioughtta:

adverse

Incidentally, there seems to be only one person so far with the final BL achievement, a guy called Nakkuru.

http://live.xbox.com/ja-JP/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=NAKKURU

I watched his God mode replay and he no misses->TLB and beats her.  Not sure when the achievement pops, but if this achievement is like the Ultra mode one, wherein you only have to beat the second form of Larsa and resetting and "every extend" setting work, then it's doable.  If you have to beat the TLB though...that'll be outta my league.

bcass

Quote from: SuperPang on December 13, 2009, 10:25:45 AM
For anyone disappointed they didn't get the faceplate stickers, don't be, they don't work. Both mine are now in the bin. I think Cave know this, hence the proper one for Espgaluda 2.  :whyioughtta:

LOL, justice!  I was wondering how a flat sticker was meant to fit on a curved surface properly without horrible creases.  Not that I approve of custom faceplates anyway, I think they look like ass.

Anyway, Megalixir, as you know, I primarily play for 1CC, but I still think BL Original (after over 2 days of play) is still the best of all the modes.  I just think the whole thing flows so much better, what with the reduced need to keep switching shots, the audible cue indicating when to change, and the more interesting bullet patterns.  It just feels like how it should have been all along to me.

Ast-Kot

I've some credit on BL original mode today and I think that there are a lot af slowdown in 3-4 and 5 stage....Expecially during the boss fight: I arrived with 80+ of counter at the 3? stage's boss and the bullets was too too slow or slower than the pcb rank...also at the 4? stage boss (and also during the stage) with over 100+ counter the bullet and the enemies have a really slow movement...I ve played on Pcb for 2 month and I can't dodge a 100+ counter 3-4 boss/stage without bombing at least 2-3 time.. :-[ I've also see again the reko original mode dbs's super-play and I think that the ranking sistem and also the score sistem seem to be a little wrong... :(
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

cstarflare

Quote from: adverse on December 13, 2009, 10:42:50 AM, but if this achievement is like the Ultra mode one, wherein you only have to beat the second form of Larsa and resetting and "every extend" setting work, then it's doable.  If you have to beat the TLB though...that'll be outta my league.

You have to no miss the game to get the TLB to unlock, so extra extends aren't going to help you. I'd assume resetting is still valid, though.

If you can get her to show up, I don't think beating her is going to be an issue. :P

gsl

Quote from: Megalixir on December 13, 2009, 03:11:51 AMI've been trying to learn Stage 1 (personal best is a multiplier of 17k) and I've not crashed into so many enemies in my entire life.
I keep slamming into one of those little flying bastards in the first half of the stage.  With as many runs as I've put in you'd think I'd learn, but I honestly have no idead where it pops out from or why I end up hitting it.  Every.  Other.  Goddamn.  Time.

I really like the memorization aspects of BL; I know there's memorization involved in getting through 1.5 as well, but in Ultra I just get so overwhelmed by the amount of stuff going on and then it's game over, no chance.  God and Maniac BL seem to allow for a bit more "oh shit!" twitch play during the more hectic bits; or rather, they don't actively punish you for not having the route mapped out beforehand.  I could never make any progress in the original Mushi Ultra or in DOJ (past the last part of stage 3) as there was never really any wiggle room for learning what works, just a lot of bullets up the ass to punish you for your failure.  I'm not sure I could say God or Maniac BL are easier, but they certainly feel a lot more accessable and forgiving.

Not sure if I like BL Original or Maniac more at this point; I definitely get farther in Original (though my ~100mil halfway through stage 3 is a pretty pathetic score), but there's something more rewarding about the whole save-up-and-cash-in scoring of Maniac.

Do we have an XBL gamertag thread anywhere?  I know shmups has one but I'm not too keen on putting mine out in such a large group.

I used the training mode trick to get to Spiritual Larsa last night just for the hell of it, and with all the slowdown I felt like I could potentially beat her with some practice--definitely easier than Larsa beforehand.  The fight felt almost Touhou-esque with the bullet speed.  Of course, there's no chance I could even hit normal Larsa on a regular playthrough, but it was fun nonetheless.  =D

adverse

Quote from: gsl on December 13, 2009, 02:30:09 PM

Do we have an XBL gamertag thread anywhere?  I know shmups has one but I'm not too keen on putting mine out in such a large group.

Just made one in Ura Loop.  Those interested should post up there!

Megalixir

For anyone disappointed they didn't get the faceplate stickers, don't be, they don't work. Both mine are now in the bin. I think Cave know this, hence the proper one for Espgaluda 2.  :whyioughtta:

This guy had no problems applying it.

EOJ

Quote from: adverse on December 13, 2009, 10:42:50 AM
Incidentally, there seems to be only one person so far with the final BL achievement, a guy called Nakkuru.

http://live.xbox.com/ja-JP/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=NAKKURU

I watched his God mode replay and he no misses->TLB and beats her.  Not sure when the achievement pops, but if this achievement is like the Ultra mode one, wherein you only have to beat the second form of Larsa and resetting and "every extend" setting work, then it's doable.  If you have to beat the TLB though...that'll be outta my league.

You can't use restarts, and you have to play on defaults. Good luck.
My score archive

gsl

Quote from: Megalixir on December 13, 2009, 07:47:08 PM
This guy had no problems applying it.
Given the obvious "gotta get one of each version for the different phone cards and one to keep sealed forever" otaku stylings of that individual, I'd imagine the only recourse in the event of putting the sticker on incorrectly would be suicide.

EOJ

Quote from: Ast-Kot on December 13, 2009, 12:29:21 PM
I've some credit on BL original mode today and I think that there are a lot af slowdown in 3-4 and 5 stage....Expecially during the boss fight: I arrived with 80+ of counter at the 3? stage's boss and the bullets was too too slow or slower than the pcb rank...also at the 4? stage boss (and also during the stage) with over 100+ counter the bullet and the enemies have a really slow movement...I ve played on Pcb for 2 month and I can't dodge a 100+ counter 3-4 boss/stage without bombing at least 2-3 time.. :-[ I've also see again the reko original mode dbs's super-play and I think that the ranking sistem and also the score sistem seem to be a little wrong... :(

Horrible news.
My score archive