Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu [CAVE 2008]

Started by EOJ, January 28, 2008, 03:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalashaska

Wow lame. :whyioughtta: Why auto-bombing? Having 500 bombs at your disposal wasn't easy enough? That trade-off seems kind of like a moot point. Glad I didn't spring for this on release like I originally planned. Maybe the Black Label version will be more interesting. :rolleyes:

zakk

I think they're intentionally forcing all the 'pro' level players to use power type by making bomb type so newbie friendly as to be unappealing and borderline embarrassing for highly skilled players to use.

EOJ

Yeah, it's in line with CAVE's recent trend of "making it super easy for beginners, and super hard for pros", with not much in between. I think auto-bombing is going too far though. They should have at least made it optional.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

MrMonkeyMan

Maybe they've only increased the scoring for the first 4 stages to help balance things out a bit?

EOJ

A guy tried out Power Style in ver 1.5, and he said that as soon as you use your hyper and the gauge empties, it immediately fills up again. So you basically always have a hyper ready in this mode. Pretty weird if true.
My score archive

MrMonkeyMan

That would be odd.  But there's no way to control the level of your hypers in power mode, so if you keep using them eventually they become useless for survival since you can't cancel bullets anymore.

EOJ

Maybe you can cancel bullets with more hypers in 1.5 than in 1.0.
My score archive

bitkid

I'm glad this got fixed so fast. Now I'm not sure what PCB to buy with my savings this summer...DFK, Ketsui, or Mushi Futari 1.5.

Did they fix the Hibachi safe spot, or is that supposed to be a feature? :p

GaijinPunch

I'll bet money it's still there... at least while Power Style is still available.

elf

so all cancelled bullets will be added to your chain.
I noticed it just now, but was it already like that in the old version?

GaijinPunch

Yes. That's how you get the counter so high.

EOJ

After searching through recent 2Ch posts, it seems many of the Japanese players have cleared the first loop of ver 1.5 on the first day, some have 2-ALL'd it already. Apparently it's even easier to clear than ver 1.0, due to the autobomb.:/
My score archive

zlk

I will reserve judgement on how easy it is until I get a chance to play it.  I seriously doubt the game is really that easy to clear.  Just because a few players can finish the game after a week or so playing, doesn't mean that I will be able to.  Personally, I find playing easy games more fun.  I don't mind the auto-bomb feature as well.  I guess I am getting to the point where I want to have fun playing a game rather than it being a chore or too much of a challenge.

MrMonkeyMan

Well, assuming you get an extra bomb every time you die still, the game is basically giving you over 50 lives to complete both loops.

Or does it use all your bombs when it autobombs?  You only get one bomb when you grab the bomb icon now, correct?

EOJ

It only uses one bomb when you autobomb, so yeah, it's sorta like having a ton of lives. One thing about the autobomb is that the invincibility time is shorter than when you trigger a bomb by yourself.

I'm not sure about how many bombs you get when you pick up the bomb icon. I'll have to hunt around for some info on that.

JP players are hoping there's some sort of in-game reset code, like in Pink Sweets, as having the autobomb makes it annoying when you screw up your run and want to start over, as you basically have to die like 15-20 times to do so (or die, bomb bomb bomb, die, bomb bomb bomb, etc).
My score archive

MrMonkeyMan

Eww, you're right, I never thought about that.

EOJ

I guess it's just another reason to use the Power Style.
My score archive

EOJ

Here's a funny story from a Japanese dude on 2Ch:

He went into his local arcade today, eager to try out ver 1.5. Much to his dismay, they still had ver 1.0. So, he inquired to the staff on hand about when they were going to get the new version. "New Version?", the staff asked. "We will have to check about that". So the staff went into the back to their computer, and went to CAVE's website. After 30 minutes, the staff reported back to him that "sorry, there is no mention of a new version on their website, you must be mistaken". Flabbergasted, the man tersely thanked them and returned home. A few similar stories were shared by other 2Ch posters.

CAVE does not seem to be doing a good job informing the arcades of this upgrade.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJCAVE does not seem to be doing a good job informing the arcades of this upgrade.
I'm pretty sure AMI is the one that does the upgrade.  They handle the sales, so it would make sense they would handle any defects as well.  And since shit notoriously rolls down hill, I would guess that AMI talks to distributors, and distributors to operators (but that's me).

I would like to know for sure, as I wouldn't mind sending in some of my boards to get updated.

EOJ

Yeah, I'm not sure either. Tops told me they sent my Pink Sweets PCB to CAVE to get fixed, but maybe it went through AMI.

All of my PCBs that can be bug-fixed or upgraded to the latest revision have been, so I'm already set. :D
My score archive

GaijinPunch

It seems Tops knows exactly how to do this, but other places (like Fujita) are oblivious.  When I asked at Mak, they just said, "return it to the maker" which I'm pretty sure qualifies as AMI, but I've never bothered.  My Ketsui and Mushi boards are fixed (the ones that really matter).  There's no glaring errors fixed in my other boards, so no issue.  I have a DOJ:BL that might need reviving at some point though.

jpj

Quote from: GaijinPunchI have a DOJ:BL that might need reviving at some point though.
the answer to that is play it regularly :P

edit: my post ranking is actually accurate for a change :lol:

GaijinPunch

That's not going to save this battery, unfortunately.

rtw

Quote from: GaijinPunchThat's not going to save this battery, unfortunately.
Don't worry, just replace the battery while the PCB is powered on. If you mess up I have the means of making things good again :D

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

Ast-Kot

I ve played the 1.5Vers today at alpha station.....:/

The score is calculated as in Gigawing with japanese kanji to indicats milions and billions....

My today best is:

67億8482万4801点

sorry but in photo I couldn't get the kanji cause they appear and disappear near the numbers of the score...;)

I've played also with the new ship but I don't like it;)

Auto Bomb works goods I think...the only problem is that when the game release if u touch another bullets after a second a new bomb are released...:o

In tis version the booost are charged faster than the old version....

The restock only one bomb when u get the bomb item....at the end of the 1?loop no bomb restock:shock:
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

MrMonkeyMan

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3770481

Ok, so the latest video on nicovideo is a stage 3 run with power mode.  It's nice to see that the scores are much more balanced now, seeing as he ends stage 3 with 40 billion, and stage 5 seems to be worth about as much as it used to be.  Funny to see you can milk the lasers on the final pattern of the boss.

It seems like when you select power mode and use a hyper and are in boost mode you can cancel bullets much easier, making the higher levels of hyper much more survivable.    You don't get much added to your hit count though.

EDIT

And it looks like that video has already been deleted.

EOJ

Quote from: MrMonkeyManFunny to see you can milk the lasers on the final pattern of the boss.
You could do that in ver 1.0 too.
My score archive

EOJ

WTF, the autobomb works in Power Style too??

Message 967 seems to say that here:

http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gamestg/1214164333/l50

They say it only works when your gauge is at maximum (they say it doesn't matter if you're in normal or boost mode).
My score archive

MrMonkeyMan

Well, as far as I can tell you can only hold one bomb in Power mode, and you have to actually pick it up, so it's probably not that big of a deal.

EOJ

Wow, CAVE actually updated their Daifukkatsu page with info about ver 1.5. They never did that for Mushi Futari:

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/daifukkatu/information/info.html
My score archive