Main Menu

Comparative port sales

Started by EOJ, May 01, 2010, 03:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pestilence

They just listed Strike Witches as OOP too. It was on sale yesterday meaning that they probably sold out what they had on hand as well. They did the same thing with the Asian English version of Medal of Honor. Sale > OOP > In stock again > on sale again. Kind of odd.

Either way, I think you would probably find a better deal in the trades section of this site than you would using any online retailer. :)

pestilence

SW is now on 1 week status but mmp/ps is still listed as OOP. odd.

mkb

It seems PA will not be getting any more stock of MMP/PS.

As for NCSX, they've had it listed as "Restock in 1-2 weeks" for quite some time now. Doesn't look like they will be getting any more in either.

A little of topic, but it seems NCSX is lazy when it comes to getting more of something in. They receive an initial shipment of a game, accessory or piece of hardware, sell out, and then never replenish their stock. I don't understand why. I'm not only talking about Cave games here, this goes for everything. At least it seems that way.

brentsg

Quote from: mkb on July 26, 2011, 01:26:42 AM
It seems MMP/PS won't be back in stock for PA.

As for NCSX, they've had it listed as "Restock in 1-2 weeks" for quite some time now. Doesn't look like they will be getting any more in either.

A little of topic, but it seems NCSX is lazy when it comes to getting more of something in. They receive an initial shipment of a game, accessory or piece of hardware, sell out, and then never replenish their stock. I don't understand why. I'm not only talking about Cave games here; this goes for everything. At least it seems that way.

Probably to avert those discounted selloffs they have done years after the fact, when they had a warehouse full of crap that didn't sell through.

StarCreator

Yeah, I can't say I really blame them - sales of import games, especially at full price, are extremely front-loaded. There isn't any money to be made keeping stuff in stock in the long term, especially considering how some of the more niche games just plummet in value a week or two after release - if they estimate demand for a game particularly badly they could lose a lot of money on a single game if they don't sell through in the first week.