Mushihimesama Futari ver 1.5 [JP XBOX 360, 2009] REGION FREE W/ SCANLINES

Started by EOJ, April 21, 2009, 02:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoDiver

I have the original 360 with the 20 GB hard drive. I have not had any freezes and I have played Black Label quite a bit.

Hive

Perhaps it's a matter of having the Falcon 360 model or not..??
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

cstarflare

So the Ultra Arrange record is 8.1 bil now; he hits 500k on the TLB before taking a hit.

2nd is 5.something, haha

moozooh

Quote from: cstarflare on January 01, 2010, 01:43:40 AM
So the Ultra Arrange record is 8.1 bil now; he hits 500k on the TLB before taking a hit.
o_0
Sure want to see that. I hope somebody will cap that replay in foreseeable future.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

JEFF

Somebody probably already asked or wrote it somewhere, but i have the LE version with DLC card. Can anybody tell me where i have to input the DLC card code? I never used a DLC card before and can't find where i have to put the code in.

necpmf

EOJ

A guy by the xb tag of "ga key" has counterstopped Arrange Ultra mode at 9,999,999,999. Just watched the replay, he gets 7+bil on the last boss.  :laugh: What a fucking broken game.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Hive

EOJ: when you say it's broken, are you saying that the game has been exploited?

necpmf

He means the scoring system was horribly designed/balanced. Very silly scoring system, there.

Hive

Quote from: necpmf on January 02, 2010, 09:24:42 PM
He means the scoring system was horribly designed/balanced. Very silly scoring system, there.

Thanks, but can you give any examples as to why the scoring system is broken?
I feel bad now about my scores if they're achieved as a result of broken scoring... :-\

EOJ

It's broken because you can get 7+bil on the last boss, which is over 70% of the maximal score for the entire game. On one boss. That's a textbook example of a broken scoring system.

Don't misunderstand: this does not invalidate or discredit anyone's scores in the mode. The mode itself is flawed in regard to scoring, but the scores obtained there still require skill and are legit. I.e. there are no glitches or bugs that make scoring easier. Make sense?
My score archive

Hive

cstarflare

Quote from: EOJ on January 02, 2010, 08:31:03 PM
A guy by the xb tag of "ga key" has counterstopped Arrange Ultra mode at 9,999,999,999. Just watched the replay, he gets 7+bil on the last boss.  :laugh: What a fucking broken game.

I knew this would happen when I saw his 8.1 bil replay

good shit

EOJ

I just got a score of 2,994,565,009 in Black Label>Arcade>God>Reco. A few hundred million under my best on the PCB, but a pretty good run. Give it a download if you're interested, I'm currently 3rd on that ranking, missed second place by less than 3mil.  

BTW I haven't had BL freeze on me yet after quite a few hours with it. No other modes show freezes either.
My score archive

Megalixir

PROMETHEUS

Any idea how well this game sold so far ? I bought my copy to support !
Thought I wouldn't enjoy it much without a keyboard or arcade stick but I do. Best STG ever in my opinion.

cstarflare

Quote from: Megalixir on January 03, 2010, 08:15:03 AM
Looks like you forgot to upload your replay.

Don't you have to upload a replay if you're in the top 10?

Megalixir

Nevermind, I was looking under 360 instead of Arcade.

EOJ, what video settings do you use for Arcade?

PROMETHEUS

What's the difference between arcade and XBOX except for the graphics? It's annoying to have 20 different tables for the same game. I usually dislike not having a table with all characters already, but this makes it terrible.

EOJ

Quote from: PROMETHEUS on January 03, 2010, 12:33:21 PM
What's the difference between arcade and XBOX except for the graphics? It's annoying to have 20 different tables for the same game. I usually dislike not having a table with all characters already, but this makes it terrible.

Agreed. There are no significant differences between any of the 360 modes and their Arcade mode counterparts. I wish there was just one scoreboard for both modes both in-game and on xbox live. This isn't Deathsmiles with the horrendously fucked up slowdown in 360 mode.

@Elixir: I have to play on my RGB monitor as I can't stand the slight lag from my hdtv (no matter what I do I can't totally get rid of it). I use 2x scanlines @ 24 Effect w/ smoothing off, and then adjust the contrast and brightness in the "Color settings" menu until it looks good to my eyes. It doesn't look as good as the PCB (which I have here and use as a benchmark when trying to adjust the x360 video settings) no matter what I do, but I can get it pretty close. Way closer than the craptastic PS2 Mushi and Ibara ports, even when playing those via the deinterlaced patch. When I watch replays, I usually do so on my hdtv, and in that case I set the scanlines to 4x sharp @16 effect, and it looks about as close to a CRT as you can get on an hdtv (but still not as good as the PCB on an RGB monitor).
My score archive

PROMETHEUS

Quote from: EOJ on January 03, 2010, 09:50:20 PM
Quote from: PROMETHEUS on January 03, 2010, 12:33:21 PM

Agreed. There are no significant differences between any of the 360 modes and their Arcade mode counterparts. I wish there was just one scoreboard for both modes both in-game and on xbox live. This isn't Deathsmiles with the horrendously fucked up slowdown in 360 mode.

I noticed the scores are much higher on the 360 mode tables, so I guess I'll stick to that mode and ignore the minority who plays Arcade. That gets rid of the consideration of all the Arcade mode tables. Even the Ultra players seem to prefer the 360 version despite the sped up stage 1 pattern problem.

EOJ

Quote from: PROMETHEUS on January 04, 2010, 07:16:38 PM
I noticed the scores are much higher on the 360 mode tables, so I guess I'll stick to that mode and ignore the minority who plays Arcade.

That's just because more people are playing with the fancy new graphics. Same thing happened with Deathsmiles MBL. Also, some Japanese players have said the 360 modes are slightly easier due to the bullets being sharper and thus easier to see, so this may be another reason why so many are playing this mode instead of Arcade.  Why would you "ignore" scores done in Arcade mode? They're just as valid, of course.

Strangely, so far I find I do better in 1.5 Maniac 360 and BL Original 360, but I prefer BL God Arcade, BL Maniac Arcade, and 1.5 Original Arcade.

My score archive

PROMETHEUS

Quote from: EOJ on January 04, 2010, 07:39:12 PMWhy would you "ignore" scores done in Arcade mode? They're just as valid, of course.
Yeah they are valid but I meant that if everyone is playing 360 mode, and this 360 mode is close enough to arcade mode, it kind of solves the problem of having twice too many tables, because it's only a small minority putting their scores in the arcade tables. So i'll join in with the community on the 360 mode tables and won't bother logging on the Arcade mode just to check the tables, I guess.

It's interesting that they find it easier to play on HD because the bullets are clearer. I consider that an improvement on the game because to me the skills that a STG should reward is definitely pattern recognition and navigation, not ability to distinguish bullets. I think Cave thinks the same, since they have always moved towards best possible visibility with bright colored bullets.

I wonder why they have stayed on SD for such a long time in Arcades. Would the hardware necessary to display at least a higher resolution such as 480*640 have cost them that much more ?

By the way, I notice zero difference in graphics on my shitty TV between arcade and 360 modes. It looks exactly the same to me @_@ I'm surprised the game scales down the graphics so perfectly. Perhaps the game detects my TV can't display over 640x480 and displays low res graphics ? Maybe I would see the difference if I TATE'd it though, but I can't do that.

EOJ

Quote from: PROMETHEUS on January 04, 2010, 07:51:25 PM

By the way, I notice zero difference in graphics on my shitty TV between arcade and 360 modes. It looks exactly the same to me @_@ I'm surprised the game scales down the graphics so perfectly. Perhaps the game detects my TV can't display over 640x480 and displays low res graphics ? Maybe I would see the difference if I TATE'd it though, but I can't do that.

Nah, when I first got this I only had a 13" TV to play it on, via composite inputs. I played it in TATE, and I could still easily see the difference between the graphics of Arcade and 360 modes.

My score archive

Monouchi

Hm, I think this has been mentioned earlier?

But I just got a graphical glitch (1.5 360 mode maniac.).
The bugs that gives you power-ups, under their mouth is a big pink square. (Showed up quite often.)
I play in tate and with some zoom.

EOJ

Yeah, graphic glitches happen in Maniac mode 360 sometimes. I've only experienced it once or twice (thankfully).

Also, sorry to plug another one of my replays, but I just got a 615mil ALL in 1.5>360>MANIAC>RECO. Number 6 on the overall ranking there.
It was probably my best run ever in terms of finesse, and the first time I finished with 2 spare lives left over. Also the best dodging I've ever done on Larsa's last phase, I nearly got through the whole thing with one bomb. Too bad my scoring was less than optimal (in regard to my current patterns) in many spots (particularly in stages 2 and 5, I really messed up a bunch of stuff). Anyway, maybe it could help some people working on 1.5 Maniac mode.
My score archive

Monouchi

Hive

KOMA

I watched it,you know all the tricks.I dind't remember how 1.5 is hell compare to BL.