Mushihimesama Futari ver 1.5 [JP XBOX 360, 2009] REGION FREE W/ SCANLINES

Started by EOJ, April 21, 2009, 02:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megalixir

I discovered my first BL Original glitch. The Stage 1 boss' claw attack (left side) kept shooting for quite a lengthy period of time.. nothing huge, but it was definitely wrong.

Anyway, I'm beginning to grow tired of BL Original. I really want to churn out some good scores, but crashing into things is just irritating. So.. this is that high end scoring of Ketsui is like? I feel like I should be working on God Mode instead.

EOJ

@Koma, Hive, Monouchi & others: Thanks guys.  :righton: For your viewing pleasure I just did a 375mil ALL run in 1.5>360>Original>Normal Reco. #6 on the overall leaderboards, and a nice, clean no miss up until the second phase of the last boss. I got the counter to 60K just before Larsa.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

Wow. Just watched hinohane's ver 1.01 Ultra mode vid. He gets to the last boss, and some of the dodging he does in the run is mindblowing. Wonder if this guy is SWY?

Also, anyone else find it odd that the MASTER VER string for ver 1.01 is September 2007? Ver 1.0 was October 2006, and the ver 1.01 rev for the 2006 Cave festival was done no later than December 2006. So why were they fiddling with this nearly a year after its release?
My score archive

StarCreator

Quote from: EOJ on January 06, 2010, 05:27:20 AM
Also, anyone else find it odd that the MASTER VER string for ver 1.01 is September 2007? Ver 1.0 was October 2006, and the ver 1.01 rev for the 2006 Cave festival was done no later than December 2006. So why were they fiddling with this nearly a year after its release?

My money's on them forgetting to change the year.  Unless it spilled over into that January or something.

Ast-Kot

あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

EOJ

Quote from: StarCreator on January 06, 2010, 08:43:00 AM
Quote from: EOJ on January 06, 2010, 05:27:20 AM

My money's on them forgetting to change the year.  Unless it spilled over into that January or something.

Not sure what you mean, what year do you think it was supposed to be?
My score archive

Monouchi

Just a quick thought now when I was playing some maniac.

Why doesnt cave make the backgrounds in HD???  (It was the same in DS)

EOJ

My score archive

SuperPang

I would speculate the character assets are rendered in high res then downscaled for the PCB whereas the backgrounds are drawn that size on day one.

Monouchi

Ehrm, am i smoking something or is picture setting: Preset E a 3D setting?

...so I have to go and find my old 3D glasses.  =D

necpmf

Yeah I've been keeping my eyes peeled for some blue/red 3d glasses to try this out but haven't seen any, and don't feel like specifically ordering a 50 cent piece of paper off the internet. I really am curious though.

EOJ

I've played this for hours and hours (and hours!). 1.5, Black Label, 1.01, all modes and variations. Not a single freeze. Maybe if you get good scores it doesn't freeze on you.  :laugh:
My score archive

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on January 08, 2010, 07:40:12 PM
I've played this for hours and hours (and hours!). 1.5, Black Label, 1.01. Not a single freeze. Maybe if you get good scores it doesn't freeze on you.  :laugh:

I can personally debunk that new myth.   :'(

brentsg

PROMETHEUS

I've had a lot of freezing on all versions. Like one or two per run.

Hive

you guys are saying that the game just completely freezes on you?
In that case, what can you do?  Just reset?  ..... this is disturbing
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

bcass

No, that isn't what they mean.  They're talking about a momentary freeze, something like half a second, maybe less.

lam47

I have yet to see any freezes. I don't have 1.01 but I do have Black label.
My xbox is a jasper and my game is installed on a 120hd.

On a side note deathsmiles does freeze all the time if I try and download a friends reply (EOJ) And sometimes just if I flip through the menu quickly.

EOJ

Sounds more like some type of hardware issue. If it were in the software I should have experienced it at least once by now, I'd think.
My score archive

Hive

Quote from: bcass on January 10, 2010, 03:47:46 PM
No, that isn't what they mean.  They're talking about a momentary freeze, something like half a second, maybe less.

oh, thanks for the response. now I feel silly..  :P

Monouchi

Futari with 1.01 and BL installed on 20Gb HD. (J360)
Plays all modes and versions (Mostly  1.5 Maniac).

No freezes.

lam47

Quote from: EOJ on January 10, 2010, 04:05:35 PM
Sounds more like some type of hardware issue. If it were in the software I should have experienced it at least once by now, I'd think.

That's very true. I cant figure out what's doing it. It has an xclamp mod of course and has a few small case modifications for air flow but this seems network related.
I may see if it does the same if I use Ethernet rather than wireless.

Hive

have any of you shot an email to Cave regarding the hiccups?
It may influence them to provide a patch!  :righton:

EOJ

They know about it, and are researching the problem. If it's in the software, they've said they will make a patch ASAP. So far, no word on the conclusion of their study.
My score archive

Hive

Quote from: EOJ on January 11, 2010, 03:59:21 PM
They know about it, and are researching the problem. If it's in the software, they've said they will make a patch ASAP. So far, no word on the conclusion of their study.

thanks! I'm so glad they're aware of the problem and are looking to solve it.
I sure do love the way Cave isn't so shy about releasing necessary patches, and such!~

antares

I'm encountering something strange at the stage 3 midboss:
I shoot it with the C shot when it's energy is low, then switch to A when the bar is red and kill it. But instead of increasing my gem counter I cash in my gems. This happens to me every time I do it. Is this a bug?

EOJ

That's the way it was in the arcade game. I don't think it's a bug. The stage 4 midboss is also a bit peculiar in Original/Ultra, in that you always have to kill it with shot for maximum gems.

If you kill it with laser (A) when the chaining bar is red, you cash in on gems and also get to absorb large gold/green gems afterward. If you kill it with laser (A) with no chaining bar, then you just cash in on the gems. You need to kill it with shot (C) when the chaining bar is red to get gold/green gems.
My score archive

antares

lam47

Had about a quarter of a second freeze today on the first level of 1.5 manic.

Monouchi

I just did my first CAVE game 1cc.....Futari BL Original (360)
Heard it was easy and it was my first try, it feels good to finally 1cc a cave game.  :P

Now back to work on 1cc?ng 1.5 Maniac. (That stage 4 is eating me...)