Main Menu

Deathsmiles

Started by EOJ, December 09, 2007, 06:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaijinPunch

I put the order in for the stuff.   The double sets were limited to 5 though, so I got 5 of those, then 5 CDs and 5 DVDs.  I will spread the extra cost around to everyone.  Looks like about $117 total before shipping for the sets.  EOJ & GSL are splitting a set (DVD and CD respectively) so I'll work your cost out later.

Sperrfeuer

1 for me please....

cannonball

You can still count me in for a set GP :D

GaijinPunch

BTW, this is just a heads up for the many that put in a reserve.  The list filled up almost immediately, so I cannot get any more at the moment.

EOJ

Not surprisingly, both the CD and DVD are sold out at CAVE's shop. Play-asia should have them soon though (they state May 30th for the CD, but still TBA for the DVD).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

Okay, since my box here will fill up (and there's no way to do a mass delete [you need to fix that, EOJ!], I'm just going to spill it out here.  I'm usually for anonymity, but who gives a shit about this really, yeah?

Okay, $117 + shipping.
$16 to the good old US of fucking A, $19 for you Euro trash people.
There's a bit more cost since the sets were limited to 5, and buying 5 of the CDs and DVDs alone ran more.  I'll fire out EMS, obviously.

People that have the sets:
Cannonball
MrMonkeyMan
eretsua
Fudoh
rtw
sven
CIT
SuperPang

If I have some other stuff I'm sending you, I can gladly throw these in there.
If you don't know my Paypal address, feel free to PM me.

-GP

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunchOkay, since my box here will fill up (and there's no way to do a mass delete [you need to fix that, EOJ!],
Yes there is. Just select "delete multiple messages" and click away.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Cool.  Wish I saw that before.

HUU

Quote from: HUUwindia  Clover-TAC
612,024,038 pts.
casper SWY
607,878,422 pts.
folet K.K
636,823,482 pts.
rosa IML-星白金-YUJ
634,694,764 pts.
Nobody notice I guess, but I have posted the DVD scores a few days ago...
Anyway I just checked the DVD run with rosa...
270millions before extra, counter blocked at extra and then no miss the last stage, no miss the last boss + hyper at last jitterbug attack, filled up to 1000 again and hyper at last satan attack, all clear no miss...
This is just a crazy run !! :P

AlephNull

HUU, meaning IML-YUJ uses power-up (hyper) normally from 1-1 to 3-2, then stops using power-up and raises the bonus value to 10000 for 4-1 and 4-2?

Could you check if the other players also use this same strategy, or something different? Thanks!

HUU

Well during the 6 first stages he uses power up mode...extra is for counter blocking and then he scores last stage with +10 000 on every bullet.

I don't own the dvd, I checked the run via webcam while chatting with a friend in japan...so I can't tell you about the other character. But it's pretty sure this is the only strategy to do very high scores...even if you play well the power up mode, you will not score as much as if you block the counter to +10 000.
With the counter blocked, you score a bit of the extra and the whole last stage with + 10 000 on every bullet....while in power up mode, it's only for a limited time and you can't divide the crown everywhere. So I guess the math is done !!!

Also I forgot to tell but he suicide once during the volcano (C2) at the end, same as the ToLL 500millions video...He gets 1000 at the end of the stage on the pigs , then suicide so the power up counter falls to 700 but he gets some more bombs for the rest of the run, then after beating the dragon , up to 1000 again for next stage. Then no miss until the jitterbug cake...

KOMA

I'm wondering if someone could rip with dvd decrypter(easy to do) a run of the official DVD?
Delete the message if it is not appropriate.
Thx.

EOJ

Just got my Deathsmiles DVD today (thanks GP!). I've only watched the Windia run so far, but it's great.
Other great things about this DVD set:

-the bonus videos are superb. There's even a non-canyon run with Casper by GFA2-ISO included! :shock:
-The included booklet is really nice - it looks and reads a lot like a console game's instruction manual.
-There is a postcard included that you can mail to CAVE to be entered in a drawing for a Deathsmiles PCB. The deadline is August 29th, 2008. Runner ups will get Deathsmiles posters.

@KOMA: please don't discuss ripping DVDs or games that are still available for sale (particularly those just released). You can talk about ripping OOP stuff like the Futari or Ketsui DVDs, but that's it. Thanks.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Futari & Galuda come back in print from time to time.  Ketsui: Dream on. :)

gsl

Aren't the Futari and Galuda II DVDs up for sale in the Online Festival later this month anyways?

Also, GP, have you started sorting and shipping out the Deathsmiles CDs/DVDs yet?  I should probably figure out how we're going to make the handoff or whatever.

KOMA

GaijinPunch

Quote from: gslAren't the Futari and Galuda II DVDs up for sale in the Online Festival later this month anyways?

Also, GP, have you started sorting and shipping out the Deathsmiles CDs/DVDs yet?  I should probably figure out how we're going to make the handoff or whatever.
Yes, and yes.  I sent out about half.  Only watched one run on the DVD (amazing stuff, obviously).  Haven't busted out the CD yet.  Just figure out when you're going to be in the hood and we can meet up.

EOJ

I've watched most of the runs now. It's interesting how they all use different paths. A couple of the runs start in the Forest stage, which surprised me. Also, in the Follett run, he switches to the power-up mode near the end of the castle stage. There's also a bonus vid showing him get 300mil before the Canyon stage, so there's definitely room for more points. Probably 675mil or so is possible with Follett.

Oh, make sure to watch the bonus interview with Junya Inoue. It's one of the weirder things you'll ever see.
My score archive

drboom

The interview isn't translated/subtitled - is it?

MrMonkeyMan

Quote from: drboomThe interview isn't translated/subtitled - is it?
"YES"

But no.  Someone should tell us what is going on, and why he thinks he's a gorilla.

AlephNull

Any idea why K.K manages to score higher with Follett? e.g. is it some property of her shot/option that's being used, that use of power-up at the end of castle, or just that K.K is really good?

Also, are there any other bonus vids included?

jaycm1

Just ordered my kit today from fujita 130,000j yen I can't see it droping in price that much more,can't wait for it to be delivered it looks amazing what iv'e seen on youtube!!

EOJ

Congrats jaycm1! It's a fantastic game, and 130K yen is a great price right now. I don't think the price for a new kit will go down much more. It's been out about 8 months now. Maybe it will bottom out at 100K yen later in the year, but maybe it will sell out before then too. We'll see.
My score archive

jpj

Quote from: jaycm1Just ordered my kit today from fujita 130,000j yen I can't see it droping in price that much more,can't wait for it to be delivered it looks amazing what iv'e seen on youtube!!
you're only an hour drive from me...  ;)

jaycm1

Quote from: jpj
Quote from: jaycm1Just ordered my kit today from fujita 130,000j yen I can't see it droping in price that much more,can't wait for it to be delivered it looks amazing what iv'e seen on youtube!!
you're only an hour drive from me...  ;)
you don't know to any decent arcades nearby? The only chance I get to play these great games is a lot of saving up.:lol:

jpj

not down in gloucester :(
my younger brother goes to uni in weston which has 1 or 2 kicking about, but it's the usual fighting, driving, and light-gun stuff.

hope you enjoy your new game mate :cool:

jaycm1

got my kit today one word wow!!! Had a couple of credits loving it finding it quite strange playing in horizontal as I've never played progear but this is one fine game the graphics and sound are top notch nice to see joker jun back love his little touches like the cut scenes at the end of each level have  to start saving for my next game now thinking muchi muchi pork I live in the uk so me going down to my local arcade to play these games is no no unless I want to go on a gun or car game how I would love to visit hey in japan  :laugh:

sven666

wow.. you sure seem happy, congrats, just dont forget to breathe ;)

GaijinPunch

Okay, I watched another replay (TAC).  Pretty cool stuff.
Some questions though.

To reap the benefits getting better items, do you actually have to HIT the enemy w/ that type of shot, or just be in that mode.  It looks like TAC goes to lock on and then bombs at the end of the cave stage (the downward vertical scrolling one) and refills the counter.  He also looks to make the owl's shot over on some trains, and then goes into lock on to grab some skulls.

Also, it seems he let's all the crowns hit the ground.  Won't the counter hit 10,000 quicker if you get the crowns as opposed to letting them break?

EOJ

@GP: there's some discussion of those topics in the DS strategy thread here.
My score archive