Muchi Muchi Pork: Do any arcades in Tokyo have it?

Started by Devdan, September 11, 2012, 01:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devdan

Forgive me if this is a stupid question / the wrong place to ask, but I've been in Tokyo for the last few weeks and I've been to a decent handful of arcades (mostly in Akihabara, but also a few in Shibuya and Kamata). I've seen a few DoDonPachis from DaiOuJou through SaiDaiOuJou, but other than that, Cave games seem fairly scarce (well, aside from Nesica Akai Katana).

Maybe I'm just not going to the right arcades, but I haven't seen Mushi Mushi Pork (or any Ibara, or Dangun Feveron, or Radiant Silvergun which isn't Cave but is a cool game) once, and I'd kind of like to be able to play it in an arcade, since it seemed fun from the one time I got to play it at MAGfest earlier this year. (and the 360 version is probably just as expensive in stores as it is online...haven't seen it yet. Not many 360 games in stock anywhere I've looked. Got a CAVE THE BEST DaiFukkatsu Black label fairly cheap though.)

adverse

Ha, are you staying in Kamata?

There's literally no shooters anywhere near there. Closest is a Saidaioujou cab in Kawasaki Dice arcade near Kawasaki station.

If you want to find cabs and speak Japanese check this:
http://www19.atwiki.jp/karishooterwiki/

Your best bet for a lots of CAVE games is Hey arcade and the SEGA next to Hey in Akihabara. They have a Muchi cab at Hey but I believe it is on stupid every extend settings. NTSC-J (Kaneda) and I play in Akihabara almost every week so PM us if you wanna get some games in.

Devdan

I'm staying at Temple's Ontakesan dorm; I'm over here for the semester (and maybe next semester, if my grades allow it). Kamata is only a few stops away, and at least has a few decent arcades for music games and one of them has Virtua Fighter (though it seems like nobody ever plays it). I'm trying to learn Japanese, but so far my understanding of the language is pretty limited. It doesn't help that every Japanese person knows some really basic English phrases, and insists upon using them with me, so I can't even practice speaking very basic Japanese. Bleh.

I'm not sure what 'every extend settings' refers to, but I hope its not something that makes the game harder since I'm not very good at shooters to begin with. I can 1CC the DeathSmiles games on lv.3 on a good day, but that's not saying much. The DaiOuJou I played on was set to 4 lives, but that was only enough to get me to level 4 on a credit. I'll be sure to check that place out though. I intended to last time I was in Akihabara, but there's only so much time in a day.

adverse

Pretty weak spot but there is this place that has Deathsmiles on your line: http://www19.atwiki.jp/karishooterwiki/pages/959.html.

Jiyuugaoka Prince used to be the home of SPS and other top players, and it still has two machines, which are good. Clientele is kinda whack though. Apparently there's a Club Sega nearby though so maybe you could get some VF in. http://www19.atwiki.jp/karishooterwiki/pages/305.html

PMed you too btw.