Main Menu

Cave matsuri 12/30

Started by EOJ, December 22, 2007, 02:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaijinPunch

Clearly the writer is a "games fan", not a Cave fan.

gsl

Sorry for the resurrect and the late posting, but here's the picture I managed to get of the Ikeda standee they had at the show.  When I made my first foray up to the fifth floor to check on the boards that were running, they had him standing behind the gachapon machines and the sticky velcro game thingie, but after I made it through the merch line he was turned around behind a stack of boxes.  One of the staff members there was more than kind enough to bring it out so I could get a picture (which I think he wasn't supposed to do), so I tried to get a shot as quickly as I could so he could put it back, hence the blurriness.  Sorry.

IKD by stlouisc, on Flickr.

GaijinPunch

That should've been one of the prizes. :)

SuperPang

Ikeda hugging pillow next time pls

GaijinPunch

Next one: 12.27

http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/fes200812/
new items:
DFK OST
Seseri Fuck Pillow
Death Smiles Ofurou (Bath) poster
2009 Calendar

Not sure if I'll have the energy for this one.

adverse

Gonna want one of those calendars but damn how many fuck pillows does one nerd need?

EOJ

Thanks for the info, GP. I'd much rather have a DDP:DFK superplay DVD than an OST, but hopefully that will come in early 2009. The rest of the stuff I could care less about.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

adverse

Xbox 360 Shooting Festa in Akiba Dec. 5th.

http://mihara.sub.jp/top/blog/sb203/log/eid534.html

Score attack competition for DOJBL, and talk events with the Deathsmiles port dev team.

Tons of 360 titles on display too!

GP, you should compete!  I'd go if I could!

zap

I'll be home in Sweden this Christmas and New Years, so no event for me.

I doubt the event itself will be that fun since it's at HEY this time. The Rakuen Baby had a much larger space.

gsl

If anyone's going, I'm all about the DDP:DFK OST and a little extra for your troubles.  Just throwing that out there right now.

Kaneda

I'll probably go to get a calendar.

adverse

BTW apparently Ikedasan and Inouesan will both be talking at the shooting event on the 5th, which is incidentally sponsored by MS.  That gives me a little confidence that MS recognizes STGs as one of the strengths of its platform.

GaijinPunch

The problem w/ that is that you have to get up there at the ass-crack of dawn to queue for a ticket.  I wouldn't mind if I had
1: Someone to queue with
2: an event to booze at all night before going there.

I'm just too old for this shit.  Especially in the winter.

Kaneda: do you snowboard by any chance?

zap

Actually only one thing sold out last time - the one copy only scroll.

I'd love to go skiing/snowboarding with you this year again, but I really shouldn't as my leg still is pretty weak. Next year hopefully!

GaijinPunch

Yeah -- I would not recommend that on a broken leg.  I'd feel bad if I had to carry you down the mountain.  Probably couldn't do it, either. :)

adverse

Some of the new stuff on display here:

http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/fes200812/2008/12/post-bfa3.html

Ketsui-related hanko (Japanese stamp), Gaijin-inspired shirt?, stickers.

Stickers look rad but the other stuff... :-\

GaijinPunch

I actually like the shirt... isn't that the warning you get for Ultra modes of both Mushi games?

adverse

The mushi warning is "玉砕上等", which means "I accept my incoming defeat with class" basically, whereas the shirt is a pun in that it says "I explain the game with class". 

SuperPang

Needless to say I need this stuff if anyones going. I hope they have more Casper tittypads as well as I missed out on that one.

GaijinPunch

My guess is still, I'm not going to make it.  I'm in town, and without ball and chain as it were... I'm just so fucking busy these days that I really just want to stay home and sleep.  From a business point of view, w/ the stupidly strong yen, I make WAY less.  From a personal standpoint, I'm only interested in a couple of items I can get from the auctions.  True, I can't play the tweaked games or listen to the talk shows, but I as before, I don't have the patience I once had, unless there's a hand job or something attached at the end.

skykid

Quote from: GaijinPunch on December 16, 2008, 09:14:50 AM
My guess is still, I'm not going to make it.  I'm in town, and without ball and chain as it were... I'm just so fucking busy these days that I really just want to stay home and sleep.  From a business point of view, w/ the stupidly strong yen, I make WAY less.  From a personal standpoint, I'm only interested in a couple of items I can get from the auctions.  True, I can't play the tweaked games or listen to the talk shows, but I as before, I don't have the patience I once had, unless there's a hand job or something attached at the end.

I thought hand jobs were fairly easy to come by in Japan?  =D
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

GaijinPunch

Catalogue:
http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/fes200812/cavefes_catalog.pdf

The voice selection CD would be cool to make sounds for your computer.   Kind of meh on the rest of it.  Ridiculous that they want 5000 for the new Death Smiles poster.  15,000 yen for the B1 sized calendar.

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunch on December 18, 2008, 11:18:04 PM
  Ridiculous that they want 5000 for the new Death Smiles poster. 

Maybe they finally stumbled upon YAJ?
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

gsl

Cut out the middleman, why not?

And Christ, that Cave calendar must be printed with letters of gold or something.  The EVAC scarf would be pretty awesome, though, if I could afford to drop that much on a simple wintertime accessory.

I reiterate, I'd love a DDP:DFK soundtrack if anyone ends up going.  I can most likely even shoot you the money after Christmas so you'll have the funds before the show and can therefore put them towards more swag or whatever.

adverse

Fuck that calendar price lol.

Kaneda

I was going to go for the calendar but for 15,000 yen they can fuck off.

adverse

Actually I think that at least since the last Matsuri, CAVE has made sure to have some expensive items to sell, and also full stocks of everything so they even have stuff left over to sell online later.  It's probably a good money maker for them.  This time however they're just gouging on several items.  They might learn a harsh lesson in these economic times...or maybe I underestimate the otaku factor.

gsl

And then it comes to light that IKD is registered under several YJ usernames that always happen to have suspiciously large stocks of matsuri goods the day after...

markedkiller78

I really like that scarf.

Whats the "now Printing" thing at 40k?

SuperPang

Scarf want

Does the callendar have something hand written by Wayabashi or something?