Main Menu

Recent posts

Other Games / Re: The "what NON-Cave game(s)...
Last post by EOJ - March 19, 2024, 10:47:13 PM
I played through Ys Origin (PS4 on PS5) last week, and it was a fun little game. Only took me 6.5 hours to beat with Yunica. I've now cleared all canonical games from Ys Origin - Ys X except Ys 5 because it's not on a modern console.

Now I'm playing through Tales of Vesperia (PS4 on PS5), for some reason. It was on sale on PSN for ten bucks, so I thought I'd give it another shot. I had the JP X360 version soon after it first came out but got bored with the game after 5-10 hours and never went back. So far I'm enjoying the consistent 60fps gameplay on the PS5, faster loads, and other perks in this "Definitive Version". I'm also finding the game itself more enjoyable this time around!
Off Topic / Re: Site updates
Last post by EOJ - March 17, 2024, 03:20:15 PM
I'm happy to keep it open for many more years, it is just that the hosting prices have gotten so high it's hard to justify paying them when only a dozen or so people seem to post here anymore.

I added google ads to the site for guests about 3 months ago, in order to help with the hosting costs, but so far I've only made $5. :( Maybe it will increase over time but I am not holding my breath.

Anyway, the web hosting been paid through March 2027, so we'll see how things are as we near that date. :righton:
C
Last post by calle - March 16, 2024, 04:25:38 AM
Hope interest increase so you don't feel you have to close the site. It feels like everything is about speed runs these days compared to 1CC / points as it used to be.
Last post by EOJ - March 15, 2024, 07:02:10 PM
I just paid for 3 more years of web hosting.  :righton: It was more than three times the price since I last paid, three years ago.  :o Oh well!

Anyway, not many people post here anymore (this trend seems to be increasing over time), so unless that changes I may look into closing the site in 3 years, unless someone wants to take it over and run it from that point on.

I'd also like to note the second run of the site (March 18, 2018-present) is already longer than the first run (December 7, 2007 - September 20, 2012).
T
PCB / Re: Repro CAVE boxes - preorde...
Last post by TK86079 - March 14, 2024, 03:36:45 AM
Hey, im bringing up this dusty thread. I bought five of these boxes for my loose PCB´s and bootleg carts, they are well made and very similar exept the color of the carton.
I can make some pictures soon.
Greetings
Alex
Off Topic / Re: Hallo from Germany
Last post by EOJ - March 10, 2024, 07:28:24 PM
Hello there! Thanks for joining the forum.  :righton:
T
Off Topic / Hallo from Germany
Last post by TK86079 - March 10, 2024, 01:46:41 PM
Hi, Im Alex from Germany.
Im a proud owner of four Cave PCBs. Mushihimesama, Mushihimesama Futari, Espgaluda 2 and Esprade and all Games for 360 and ps4.
Im a member of a beautiful Pinball and Arcade Museum in Seligenstadt in germany, where we have a small area especialy for japanese Arcademachines where we Running a few of my PCBs.
I allways was nearly only in to Neo Geo, until I found out how incedible good Cave STGs are. Late but better late as never.
Sorry for my Bad englisch  ;)
Greetings
Alex
High Scores - Competition Style / Re: World Record Scores - Home...
Last post by EOJ - March 04, 2024, 05:03:52 PM
New Pink Sweets Ver 1.00 Kasumi WR, by Aquas:

17,968,090 - ALL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1wzF39y4cM

He has a higher score (18,758,230) without a clear as well.
Z
PCB / Re: CAVE arcade box history 20...
Last post by zak - March 01, 2024, 12:10:10 PM
If you look closely at the Wakabayashi signature, he numbered each one that he signed ;) The others didn't bother  =D

Quote from: SuperPang on March 16, 2019, 10:03:19 AMEDIT: A little bit of detective work reveals the page is still up  :laugh:
http://www.try-inc.co.jp/pcb_shop/dodon/pachi.htm

No mention of numbers or Ichimura.

S
CAVE Games / Re: Xbox 360 store closing Jul...
Last post by SH4R4KU - February 11, 2024, 06:33:31 AM
Thank you for the head's up.
I need to redownload some apparently as the memory is corrupted.