Rapid fire options in Cave ports [split from DSIIX thread]

Started by StarCreator, May 17, 2011, 08:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarCreator

Quote from: EOJ on May 17, 2011, 08:11:52 PM
Yep, same button layout as Deathsmiles, lock-shot always works fine for me. I believe you can map it to its own button too, if you prefer. I put rapid Left Shot (LS) and rapid RS on two buttons too, as they come in handy. Wish more Cave games had rapid fire button options.

Uh, which Cave games DON'T have rapid options aside from Pork/Sweets?

EOJ

I wish I had Rapid fire options Pink Sweets and Futari. That's what I meant by "more".
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SH4R4KU

Quote from: EOJ on May 17, 2011, 08:21:44 PM
I wish I had Rapid fire options Pink Sweets and Futari. That's what I meant by "more".

Does your stick not have the option?

EOJ

I need the rapid fire on a separate button, not on the the same button. For Pink Sweets, rapid A and rapid B. For Futari, I'd like rapid C (i.e. rapid autofire). It would be nice to have rapid C for the Daifukkatsu ports too. Cave ports need to let us map one command to more than one button (I don't think any of the X360 ports made by Cave let us do this), and have software rapid fire settings across the board. They did it on their PS2 ports, so I don't understand why they haven't done this for all of their X360 ports.
My score archive

Special World

Doesn't Futari have rapid C?

I swear it does O_o

ED: Ah, okay. So you mean you want a rapid C and a "manual" C, then?

EOJ

Yes, rapid C (equivalent to tapping C (autofire) quickly). It's particularly useful in boss milking (does minimal damage but keeps your chain gauge in the red). For example, with Normal Reco, her side lasers don't fire when you tap C, but they do when you hold C.
My score archive

SH4R4KU

Quote from: EOJ on May 18, 2011, 12:30:47 AM
Yes, rapid C (equivalent to tapping C (autofire) quickly). It's particularly useful in boss milking (does minimal damage but keeps your chain gauge in the red). For example, with Normal Reco, her side lasers don't fire when you tap C, but they do when you hold C.

Now I understand why you'd want this :)

I am too shit at the games to even utilize such a feature. I find it hard enough to kill most bosses after the first two stages of any cave game, let alone milk them :)

StarCreator

I think it'd be a neat extra, but I can understand them including only button options that were there in the original PCB.  There was no Rapid C button in the PCB - PCB owners have to split the C input into two buttons and install a rapid fire circuit onto one of them if they want it as a separate button.  If they started providing functions that weren't originally intended, you probably still wouldn't satisfy everyone since who knows how many nonstandard control options are out there.

That said, I also think we'd be much better off if all the 360 ports followed 5pb's button config style, where multiple buttons can be mapped to a single function - you still wouldn't have Rapid C, but at least if you have a controller capable of rapid fire you'd be able to have your dedicated button for it.