Deathsmiles II X [JP X360, May 27th, 2010 | US X360 GoD, May 17th, 2011]

Started by EOJ, February 26, 2010, 11:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emphatic

Quote from: Daverost on April 25, 2011, 09:21:27 AM
Quote from: SomeMist on April 24, 2011, 06:52:41 PM
I wonder if they will add a 4:3 resolution mode to fix the forced letter box that's been complained about since release. If they add that I may consider purchasing the US release (already own japanese release).

I really doubt we're going to see anything that doesn't already exist in the JP version.

Who knows, they've only just "invented" the Wide Mode for Guwange and MMP/PS, right? A small patch should be easy peasy.

Daverost

I expect we'd hear news about a patch for the JP version before they'd bother incorporating it from scratch into the NA version.

EOJ

USA version coming to Games on Demand May 17th. $29.99 price:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=1472

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

jyumi

WOW sooner than I expected. I still want a physical release.
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

Daverost

Oh sure. One of my most anticipated releases this year comes out when I'm out of town...

Bontakun

So they will release the game "as is" and download only.  I don't mind, so as long as we get access to all the DLC contents and perks (if any) that are available in the Japan.   :)

ookitarepanda

According to siliconera, you can't just use MS points to buy it, you have to throw up the $. Woulda been nice if I could use points but whatever, it's a day one buy.

bcass

Siliconera are wrong.  You can buy all GoD titles using a Credit/Debit card or Microsoft Points.

SomeMist

happy for those who don't have a j360, but little reason for me to buy it. wish they fixed the 4:3 reso

EOJ

Can you transfer GoD stuff to other systems, like you can do with XBLA games you've bought? Or is it permanently locked to the system you downloaded it on?
My score archive

bcass

You can transfer them, just like any other downloaded content.

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

Quote from: bcass on May 13, 2011, 12:21:40 PM
Siliconera are wrong.  You can buy all GoD titles using a Credit/Debit card or Microsoft Points.

While I would not be surprised if Siliconera were wrong (they're often wrong about Cave stuff), they do say Cave told them this game can't be bought with MS Points. Perhaps that's part of the deal, with it being an import game? I've read some GoD titles rated "Mature" can only be purchased with a credit card too.
My score archive

sh00g

bcass

Quote from: EOJ on May 13, 2011, 04:15:46 PMWhile I would not be surprised if Siliconera were wrong (they're often wrong about Cave stuff), they do say Cave told them this game can't be bought with MS Points. Perhaps that's part of the deal, with it being an import game?

Possibly, but all the payments go via Microsoft anyway so I can't see the logic in it.  Doesn't make sense that they'd want to lose any sales.  Plenty of people don't like using, or are unable to use credit/debit cards on their consoles.  That said, Microsoft are adding paypal as a new payment option for downloadable content in the upcoming NXE update, so it might not matter.

EOJ

My score archive

TheSoundofRed

Been watching superplays to pump myself up for this release. It looks so fluid and fun. I'm glad Cave is looking into different distributing options to release there games in NA, although I know quite a few folks will be upset by the lack of physical copies if this becomes the norm. At that point though I'd expect they'd have jumped on the J360 bandwagon. Whoooo knows...

W00PR

EOJ

It seems the Games on Demand version will work on a JP X360 as long as you download it in the USA with a USA account:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30346&start=724

A cheap alternative to the $80 disc release.
My score archive

Bontakun

YAY!  Finally playing!  Support Cave and patronize their products.  Give them more reason to export their games outside of Japan.  Who knows, maybe they might make a patch to translate the game to english text if there enough support.    :righton:

J*R*F_BN3_WM2K

I'm not going to be able to dl this as I'm based in the uk, but I'm curious as to the 4:3 support. I don't own this disc version for my J360, but understand this does not run fullscreen on a standard CRT. Can anyone confirm whether this remains the case for the download version?

jyumi

yes it's still doesn't have the 4:3 support. Like they said, it's an exact copy of the game w/o the DLC.
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

Special World

In DSIIX, for optimal scoring, do you have to simply wait until the trails behind suicide bullets turn red, or do you actually have to wait for the bullets to gain a red aura around them?

I've never been clear on this.

EOJ

Red trails are all that matter for scoring. The red aura that forms on the blue bullets is just a warning that they're going to disappear soon.
My score archive

TheSoundofRed

Hmm... This is traditionally played with a 3 button joystick correct? I keep messing up lock shot by pressing left & right shot... wonder if my stick is broken.

EOJ

Yep, same button layout as Deathsmiles, lock-shot always works fine for me. I believe you can map it to its own button too, if you prefer. I put rapid Left Shot (LS) and rapid RS on two buttons too, as they come in handy. Wish more Cave games had rapid fire button options.
My score archive

Special World

Quote from: EOJ on May 17, 2011, 07:56:13 PM
Red trails are all that matter for scoring. The red aura that forms on the blue bullets is just a warning that they're going to disappear soon.

Awesome. That makes my life a million times easier.

TheSoundofRed

Yea I was actually playing IIX mode and a gauge was running out because I was holding down Lock-shot. So far I really enjoy Arcade, but don't quite understand how to recharge the counter as I've seen in videos. I usually just get cyan blue skulls rather than skulls that refill the counter. Any tips?

EOJ

Judging by comments on Cave's facebook page it seems this game isn't available in Canada or Mexico, just the USA. Asada said it would be a released in Hokubei ("North America"), though I'm not sure if Cave or Microsoft made the mistake of locking it to the USA marketplace. Perhaps this will be fixed soon if enough Canadians complain.

My score archive

TheSoundofRed

I figured out my problem with the counter refill trick with suicide bullets. It's pretty obvious but your multiplier has to be at 10,000 to have suicide bullets turn into skulls. I'm having quite the time trying to get a good score on Stage 1 with Windia.