Ketsui and DDP DOJ BL ports [JP X360]

Started by EOJ, March 04, 2008, 11:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Mihara has posted some info about one of the guys porting these games at 5pb: he's an avid X360 gamer with around 50,000 achievement points on Xbox Live. In this week's Famitsu X360 magazine, this guy has some sort of column, which is the first of more to come in the months ahead (Mihara doesn't state what the column talks about).
Anyway, Mihara said he was shocked at the number of achievement points, and gave the impression the 5pb guy is some sort of super game nerd.

Hopefully being a super game nerd means the guy will make sure the Ketsui port is accurate in the gameplay department.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

sven666

...as a non-360 gamer what does 50000 achievement points mean?

SuperPang

That he likes playing shit games for hours doing irrelevant tasks

drboom

Quote from: SuperPangThat he likes playing shit games for hours doing irrelevant tasks
:righton: :laugh: Plenty of guys just play for achivement points and there's lists of the easiest points to get from what games to boost your score. In Avatar (I think) there's a section where you can get 1000 points in about five-minutes. Pretty pointless if you ask me.

adverse

I guess there was a net radio interview with a lot of people about the state of arcade games, and among them, Masaki Sakari from 5PB was interviewed about the Dodonpachi and Ketsui ports.  Posted here: http://sazanami.net/

Rough translation:
・The reason they went for the 360 was because it was where all the maniac gamers are.
・They're working really hard to get exactly right all the parts where players have to be really precise.
・New functions for the game are online co-op, high-res mode with 4x the quality of the original releases
・The PS2 Dodonpachi Daioujou port was completed really well so it's a matter of how to add new value to the 360 release
・Daioujou is Inouesan's projects (? I think), so they're probably going to prioritize Ketsui (super good news imo!)

Geezer

Thanks for the info adverse :)
Quote from: adversehigh-res mode with 4x the quality of the original releases
How will they achieve this? Some sort of Vectorization process?

Eight One

Quote from: adverse・Daioujou is Inouesan's projects (? I think), so they're probably going to prioritize Ketsui (super good news imo!)
I guess we got incredibly lucky to see DDP.  As for ESP, Guwange, Progear, and possibly Deathsmiles, here's to hoping!

EOJ

From the Talk Show event at the recent CAVE matsuri:

Ketsui X will be playable at the Autumn AOU show (maybe referring to the Amusement show next month?). They are thinking of making a playable demo available for XBLA some time before the game's release, but have not decided on this yet.
My score archive

adverse

Looks like neither port will be shown at TGS, seeing as CAVE and 5pb are not on the exhibitor list.   :mad:

EOJ

yeah, it's just being shown at the arcade show.
My score archive

EOJ

Looks like the 5pb guy, Masaki Sakari, has a DDP:DOJ BL cab:

http://hgqp.blog44.fc2.com/blog-entry-381.html

Hopefully he's using it to check for accuracy with the port. :righton:
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on August 27, 2008, 01:06:21 AM
Looks like the 5pb guy, Masaki Sakari, has a DDP:DOJ BL cab:

http://hgqp.blog44.fc2.com/blog-entry-381.html

Hopefully he's using it to check for accuracy with the port. :righton:

He needs to hire a high level player.  The dude that did the BL DVDs would suffice.  I don't see anyone else doing a better job... maybe not even a computer.

EOJ

Yeah, I agree. Doubt it will happen though.

Also, Rai82 over on shmups found this link:

http://5pb.jp/games/products/products_new

It says both ports will come with new modes aimed at beginners. Would be nice if they were fun arrange modes with lots of funky stuff on the screen, rather than just some dumbed down auto-bomb mode or whatever.
My score archive

adverse

Mihara says there's a rumor that we will see DOJ at Christmas.

Ketsui before that?

EOJ

I don't think Ketsui is coming before that, more likely after.

On the 5pb developer's blog he recently posted he is trying to make a promo vid of DDPDOJBLX, but has run into some technical glitches. He says the game is currently 89% finished. He wants to show a version that is 91% finished at an upcoming game show. No mention of Ketsui X here.
My score archive

CHR_AeON

EOJ

Nice christmas present. They state in the description there will be a new character and a new mode.

Would be nice to see the game in motion already. :-\

Maybe Ketsui next spring?
My score archive

GaijinPunch

89% and they can't show a video?  That sounds a bit... uh... stupid.

EOJ

Maybe they're afraid if people see it they won't want it anymore?
My score archive

EOJ

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1218286_1407.html

New pics of the DDPDOJ port, including character designs of a new character added. The new character looks pretty dumb.

The pics are blurry as hell too.

Finally, remember that "4x upgraded graphics high resolution mode" they talked about having when the port was announced? It has been scrapped. Instead,
we get "a variety of anti-aliasing settings". Yay!  :whyioughtta:

Not looking forward to this one.
My score archive

PROMETHEUS

ROFL@phone girl
I don't really care about DOJ but I'm curious about Ketsui, there is a chance I'll pick it up to play it seriously. I hope there will be keyboard support ~.~

RAR

Does either one of the ports have the tate option at all? I can't be fucked to play with such STG games that doesn't have the tate-ability feature.

(Not saying I'm going to get back into playing STG again, but it's something I've always wondered about its tate feature since the ports were announced in the first place.)

EOJ

Yes, both are confirmed to have TATE modes.
My score archive

RAR

Shalashaska

Awesome, not only does every new game have to be filled with the loli crap but now the old games are being retro-fitted with them. :mad: What's Ketsui X going to have? A little girl in a plumber outfit holding a plunger?
Quote from: EOJ
Finally, remember that "4x upgraded graphics high resolution mode" they talked about having when the port was announced? It has been scrapped. Instead,
we get "a variety of anti-aliasing settings". Yay!  :whyioughtta:

Too bad, I was kinda interested to see how that'd turn out.

PROMETHEUS

Is HD mode scrapped also for Ketsui or only DOJ ?

EOJ

It's probably been scrapped for both. Though no official word on Ketsui yet.
My score archive

adverse

Wow, well they fucked that up.  Should've known that 5pb wouldn't go very far with their port, they seem to have pretty limited programming abilities.  I have the feeling Deathsmiles is going to look a lot better than either of these games.   :mad:

EOJ

They're probably just running the games through a MAME-type emulator. Pretty quick and easy port, but yeah, not really putting the love and effort in as we saw in the Arika ports. It's really not surprising when you consider the other games 5pb has released (all crap) and the type of company they are.

I don't expect the DS port to be any better, frankly.
My score archive

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on September 25, 2008, 09:54:56 PM

I don't expect the DS port to be any better, frankly.

DS port is at least handheld, plus it has Mihara, who was in charge of DOJ and possibly the other Arika ports I'm not sure.  I've also played it and thought it at least controlled well.  Still, yeah it's not going to be much more than something to play around with most likely.