X360 HRAP SE up for preorder (US buyers)

Started by EOJ, July 06, 2009, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Up on arcadeshock.com today:

http://www.arcadeshock.com/items/pro-arcade-sticks~mas~hori~/hori-s-real-arcade-pro-ex-se-xbox-360-pc-hrapexse360-detail.htm

Only $139.99  :o Due to arrive September 10th. I just preordered one. Get'em while you can. This is the second printing of this stick,
the first one sold out very quickly months ago. This one will probably sell out quickly as well.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

thamasha69

Whoa! I'd be all over that had I not recently wired my Sigma Raijin to a 360 controller pcb.  Wish I had a real reason and need to have this!

Megalixir

This isn't limited to US buyers. Shipping is $65, but it's still pretty cheap in comparison to $220 excluding shipping from Yahoo Japan.

Megalixir

After a decent amount of consideration I've decided to not preorder this, since apparently arcadeshock require full payment, just to reserve a preorder. I don't agree with this at all. The item technically doesn't exist, and won't be shipped until September, so paying the full price just to preorder it is just stupid.

Is anyone else taking preorders for this? I'm guessing not.

adverse

Just FYI, for Japanese buyers this will be available July 16th.

Shalashaska

So I haven't kept up with the different 360 sticks but if I want a good one for shooters/fighters is this the best bet?

EOJ

Yes. It's also on amazon.com for $139.99 with free shipping (US only).
My score archive

EPS21

This just dropped a whopping $50 on amazon recently (US at least), now at $89.99

Anyone who's thinking about buying a stick (shmupping or otherwise) this is an insane deal.

EOJ

Yeah, I just ordered a second one. $89.99 shipped is stupidly cheap. I have no idea why these are so cheap, either Hori made a ton of them, or people in the USA mainly just use sticks for fighters, hence they choose Sanwa?
My score archive

fuse

Not available for shipping to the UK, fuck. The Tekken 6 wireless stick pack is $79.99 too! Rip off Britain, blah blah blah...

NR777

I will be ordering this.  Playing Mushi with a 360 pad doesn't feel right.  I'll be psyched to hook this up to my PC as well for older Cave titles.

EOJ

This dropped to $79.99 for a while today, but it's back up to $89.99. WTF, when you think of what these sticks cost a year ago, and how hard it was to get them, it's like living in the Twilight Zone.
My score archive

Ast-Kot

The best stick that Hori have ever done....I've recently bought this discounted fron play-asia:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-01-49-en-70-2xsv.html

The price now is goes up but two weeks ago it's was about 55 euro.The component are all fakes but I've a seimitsu stick and button for modd it... >:D
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

Megalixir

So it's the best stick AFTER you remove the buttons and AFTER you remove the stick... so you're essentially just buying a shell with a circuit board in it. Wouldn't getting an EX-SE be cheaper in the long run?

EOJ

Looks like the crazy Amazon sale is over, this is up to $126 now. Hope everyone who wanted one snagged it when it was $80~$90.
My score archive

adverse

NR777

So happy I ordered this.  I can not pull off the shit I'm doing now with a pad.

EOJ

Ouch, it's back up to the MSRP of $139.99 at amazon.com. They must be down to the last of their stock. Glad I ordered two when they were dirt cheap, that should keep me set for the next 2-4 years.  :righton:
My score archive

gsl

I was kinda irritated when the price dropped to the $79.99 just two days after I ordered mine, but seeing as they're now back to full price and I ended up getting mine for $50 off that, I can't complain too much at all.  My Street Fighter IV Fight Pad wasn't bad for Futari, but this definitely takes the crown.  Really makes pulling off moves in BlazBlue a lot easier too.  I was initially thinking I'd swap out the Seimitsu buttons for the more familiar Sanwa brand (don't think I've ever used Seimitsus, unless the Gamecube Soul Calibur 2 stick has authentic parts instead of Hori-made) but now I'm thinking I may keep them after all--they've got a nice satisfying amount of give to them.

I just wish it worked better with the PC--despite proper Windows drivers that let the HRAP show up by name (instead of some generic interface device), the joystick itself registers as the directional hat for a flight stick, meaning it's incompatible with basically any game that doesn't allow you to configure the joystick input (like MAME).