Mushihime-sama Cave Matsuri Ver 1.5 PCB

Started by GaijinPunch, May 21, 2011, 04:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

For those curious about top scores for the game, ABI says his currrent best in Original MAX is 1.24 billion. He ended with just one life and one bomb. His end bonus was 30 or 40 million. On a previous credit he ended with 2 lives and no bombs, and he got just 10 mil per life end bonus. So there seems to be some bomb x life formula in play once again, as we saw in Futari BL.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

TimingTripod40

Really like the write-up, Muchi Muchi Spork...

But come on, grow a pair and do some point-blanking   :P

Chempop

Thanks for the write up and vids Spork!  I enjoyed watching your replays.  Turns out the music isn't as butchered as I originally expected it to be, but I still prefer the original version.  I'm wondering if the TLB is reachable outside of Ultra, any clue?

Muchi Muchi Spork

I have a pair but I like to get comfortable with games before jumping into scoring systems. It makes it almost like getting 2 new games. And I am used to playing the original Mushi where the scoring system did not appeal to me in the slightest so that carried over.

I don't know anything about the TLB situation here yet.

There is some Cave week going on on Spong posted about here:
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39344

Doesn't have anything about arcade news so, not that appealing to me but some people here will enjoy it.

EOJ

Quote from: Muchi Muchi Spork on December 06, 2011, 07:35:58 PM
There is some Cave week going on on Spong posted about here:
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39344

Doesn't have anything about arcade news so, not that appealing to me but some people here will enjoy it.

All they ever talk about with most Western interviewers is their iOS stuff. Makes sense from a business/market viewpoint, but it's not of utmost interest to most of us.
My score archive

Muchi Muchi Spork

By the way, this game runs on the CV1000-B board. It's incorrectly labeled as SH3b on the arcade game list page. And Akai Katana is modified CV1000-D fwiw. A couple of ram chips are different from DFK etc. And there is a medal game from 2007/06/05 called Medal Mahjong Moukari Bancho that ran on SH3. The board looked like Mushihimesama with the serial port connector installed. I saw it on Yahoo Japan once.

Kaneda

EOJ

Ah, stage 3 scoring exploit, perhaps? Sorta kills my interest in the game, but at least you can still play Original!

My score archive

Special World

Monouchi

TimingTripod40

Quote from: EOJ on January 06, 2012, 08:59:41 AM
Ah, stage 3 scoring exploit, perhaps?

Yeah, that's probably it. Like I said at shmups, the scores at the arcade I played this at were nowhere near that big. Original MAX is awesome BTW.

rtw

Can you expand on this exploit a bit please ?
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

charlienash87

Quote from: rtw on January 06, 2012, 01:03:17 PM

Can you expand on this exploit a bit please ?

seconded, would really appreciate a nico link or at least a description.
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

Shalashaska

I think EOJ was just speculating.  Might be wrong though in which case I'd like to know too.

EOJ

Just speculation. There's no videos of the counterstop (yet, as far as I know).
My score archive

moozooh

Quote from: rtw on January 06, 2012, 01:03:17 PMCan you expand on this exploit a bit please ?

If I understand correctly, EOJ is talking about the way stage 3 in Mushi 1.0 was exploited for huge scores. The scoring systems in Maniac and Ultra allowed skyrocketing per-stage multipliers on certain large enemies?mostly midbosses, and stage 3 is basically one huge midboss. I guess if you combine that with proximity mechanics, you can get billions on the spot.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Kaneda

Well, there's obviously some trick in stage 3 if the counterstop runs ended at stage 3. The major score source could also be in stage 2 (from the added seed pods maybe) and the score just gets topped off in stage 3.

Also, if its possible to get those scores in Maniac regular, I would imagine its possible in MAX. The Original modes both seem viable for scoring still, but we'll see I guess.