Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu [CAVE 2008]

Started by EOJ, January 28, 2008, 03:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max

zlk

EOJ

Yeah, that second loop looks pretty nasty. The bullets are as fast as Futari Ultra. I can see SWY enjoying this.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Kaneda

The second round looks great. I wish they would have just made the first round like that.

slateman

I have tons of bandwidth and storage space.  Would gladly host vids if the desire is there.  No passwords or waiting for counters to count down.  I didn't get the new ones, didn't work for me.

GaijinPunch

Am I seeing tha tright?  Hyper doesn't eat all the bullets in the 2nd loop?  Yikes.

gsl

Finally got to try out the game at Mikado.  It's definitely purty, and with all the shit going on at once onscreen it's very hard to concentrate on little details like the bees and whatnot.  I'll need a few more tries to get the playing system down--I unleashed a totally unneeded bomb on the first boss thinking I was going for a hyper, and it took me until halfway through the next stage before I realized there was a specific hyper button.

The game certainly feels easier than DDP or DOJ (regular or black label); on my first credit I was able to no-miss the first stage which is something I can only do about half the time on DOJ:BL and not too often on the normal version.  I'm sure I could have made it past the second boss if it weren't for stupid operator error and that embarassing time when you die and you think you've got the game over and you're halfway out of the seat until you realize you scored an extend somewhere, but by then it's too late.

Saw one of the other guys manage to do the DDP mini-boss trick, but I had no clue how to replicate it.

Oh, and both of the machines at Mikado had the Pops up as did the machine in the basement of Taito Station on the south side of Shinjuku station.

rtw

What's up with the bees ? First they are green and then golden ?

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

gsl

Yeah.  No clue.  Someone said something about bomb/powerup items, maybe?  Now that I think about it I don't recall ever seeing a powerup in the two levels I played.

Ast-Kot

Green bee power up your boost and orange give u point in bomb mode....today at alpha stage there is a guy that reach 6.xxx.xxx.xxx but hi did not end the game....

@GSL: are u in tokyo now?
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

gsl

I'm living a bit outside it, up in Saitama prefecture close to Kawagoe.  I was in Tokyo today supposedly shopping for souveniers for when I head back, but that turned into me visiting music shops in search of a few CDs and DVDs I haven't scrounged up yet. :laugh:

Icarus

Can anyone with the PCB confirm if there is some sort of sound test in the test menu?
And if there is, can you do me a huge favour and record the "Incoming Boss! Warning!" and "Hyper Available" voice clips to a good quality MP3?

The game looks good, definitely appears to be more approachable while retaining enough challenge and scoring depth to tax the experts. Stage 5 has that Espgaluda 2 vibe going on with both the multi-directional scrolling, multiple midbosses and ambient trance-like background music.

adverse

gaijinpunch, I was addressing kaneda (and anyone else who thinks the game might be too easy) in my post.

----

This site

http://cbblog.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/85/

is claiming that the following is the method of calling out the old bosses. (My translation, a bit of an 意訳)

・As we guessed for level 1, you can't let the combat vehicles (戦車)roll over the tanks.  
  In other words, you have to destroy the combat vehicles before the tanks.
  Don't destroy the tanks first.
  If you manage to destroy 3 combat vehicles, DOJ boss appears for level 1.
  By the way, destroying the tanks first is pretty hard so be careful with your money.
・Once you're in the old boss route, you can continue to fight old bosses by not using any bombs
  An old boss will appear in the next level as well (you can use hyper)
  This is how you get bosses 2 through 6 to appear.
  Note that if you manage to beat the 6th DOJ boss without bombing, the lasers in the second half of level 5 start behaving strange.
  Perhaps this is proof that you've entered the ura loop.

Edit: Just read the comments on that entry and there are people claiming this doesn't work or that there may be other conditions.  :rolleyes:

Kaneda

Quote from: adversegaijinpunch, I was addressing kaneda (and anyone else who thinks the game might be too easy) in my post.
I don't doubt that the game will be hard going for high scores. Every Cave game is very difficult in this respect, even Death Smiles or ESPGaluda.

What I don't like is the inclusion of a ship type that lets someone just plow through. I know that's how Cave has been doing it for a while now and I understand it may attract casual players, but I like the idea of DDP remaining intimidating and a challenge no matter how you slice it. Beating the first round of DOJ (or even DP or DDP) will not be done on anyone's first try, bomb-spamming or no.

The game does look like fun, but it it seems as if IKD really didn't want to make it and I don't think that's how their flagship series should be treated.

EOJ

People are already getting 6bil? It looks like 10+bil scores won't be too far off, making this CAVE's first shooter to go over 10bil. Clearly they're turning into the new Takumi. :laugh:
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Is there a stage 1 video w/ the special midboss?  Considering "Tank" and "Sensha" are technically the same thing, I am utterly confused.

adverse

True, but if you notice during the mid-boss there are two types of vehicles to the left and right of the boss.  I believe he's saying that you have to take out the ones on the right first but I'll have to confirm at a cabinet after work.

gsl

Quote from: EOJClearly they're turning into the new Takumi. :laugh:
At least they haven't started providing high scores for smallest negative score or score closest to 0 though, right?

Plasmo

WR scores will probably be around 400-500bill or even more considering that the chain system is exponentially again. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1trill score in a couple of years. ;)

jpj

i hope it doesn't counter-stop...  :|

sven666

i doubt it.. if you look at ast-kots HS screenshot there is easily space for another two digits.. maybe even 3 !!!

Ast-Kot

May be ii changes into letter as in Ibara....;)
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

MrMonkeyMan

Quote from: IcarusCan anyone with the PCB confirm if there is some sort of sound test in the test menu?
And if there is, can you do me a huge favour and record the "Incoming Boss! Warning!" and "Hyper Available" voice clips to a good quality MP3?

The game looks good, definitely appears to be more approachable while retaining enough challenge and scoring depth to tax the experts. Stage 5 has that Espgaluda 2 vibe going on with both the multi-directional scrolling, multiple midbosses and ambient trance-like background music.
There is no sound test.

Stage 5 is unbelievable.

Also, has anyone heard of a bug on the first midboss where the game just crashes?  I'm a sad boy today.  The game is fantastic, but I can only clear the first stage on my first credit because after that it always crashes on the midboss.

Only room for 1 more digit (11 digits).  Every DonPachi has added one more digit than any Cave game before it, so why not Daifukkatsu?

EOJ

Wow, so you bought the game? Sorry to hear of the crash bug, I have not seen this reported elsewhere. Your board might be defective, so you should contact the shop you bought it from.

Also, why not open a high score thread for the game here?
My score archive

jpj

congrats on your purchase, MMM :D

if the board itself is defective, email the retailer you bought it from.  you might want to get it sorted ASAP, because the MOST warranty you'll get is 30 days, by and large.  some places only offer a 1-day warranty (ie if it's defectice when it arrives at your door; any other problems, tough shit).

sven666

i agree about stage 5.. it looks fantastic, even looks like it might be one of the best shmupstages yet! :shock:
(ofcourse i have to play it before my final verdict)

Icarus

Quote from: MrMonkeyManThere is no sound test.
Ahh okay. Looks like it's just Yagawa's games that have that, then.
Hopefully the OST if and when it hits should have what I'm looking for.

And gratz on the PCB. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with it. ^_-

GaijinPunch

MMM...  did it come with a POP?
Pictures, by any chance?

MrMonkeyMan

Well, email sent to Fujita, we'll see what happens from here.

Here's a short clip of it crashing.

It's a lot of fun though.  It definitely doesn't feel a thing like the previous DonPachis.  Chaining pretty much just happens, it seems to be more about actually grabbing those bees when they're green and not running in to stuff for constant hypering.  Some of those bees are in some crazy locations.

Hypers on bosses work kind of different too.  You have to stick with the shot for a few moments before it will start canceling bullets, and you have to stick with the laser for a bit before it starts racking up the hits.  You can't use the laser and quickly switch to shot to clear away bullets like you can on the stages.

Quote from: GaijinPunchMMM...  did it come with a POP?
Pictures, by any chance?
Yes, there's  POP.

I can take pictures maybe.  I just moved and I have a broken camera somewhere that pobably has dead batteries in it.  Maybe I can take some crappy phone pictures.

rtw

Quote from: MrMonkeyManThere is no sound test.
Try holding down A+B when hitting the setup button or A+B+C...

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work