Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu [CAVE 2008]

Started by EOJ, January 28, 2008, 03:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMonkeyMan

Quote from: rtw
Quote from: MrMonkeyManThere is no sound test.
Try holding down A+B when hitting the setup button or A+B+C...

rtw
I will try this. *EDIT* No good.

And I found a camera, click the picture for BIGGER picture.  My ghetto cab.  I got a bigger TV.

I don't think this game saves highscores either.  I can't find any way to view anything other than Today's Highscores.

EOJ

Quote from: MrMonkeyManI don't think this game saves highscores either.  I can't find any way to view anything other than Today's Highscores.
You may have to enable high score saving in the test menu. It would be bizarre if it didn't save all time scores. EVERY SH3 game does, though for some you need to enable it in the test menu before it works.

Looking at your vid, something definitely looks wrong with your PCB. Fujita has a 14 day warranty iirc, so you should be fine.

Thanks for the kit pics, it looks really cool.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

MrMonkeyMan

Yeah, there's something strange going on.  If I just power the game on and play the 1st level over and over again it works fine (trying to trigger those alternate midbosses and failing), but if I play through a few more stages and then go back to stage 1 it screws up.  It starts loading graphics from other stages instead of the midboss, so maybe it's loading some ram up with data and then it isn't cleaning it out or something?

I'm not really sure how everything works, but that's my best guess.

Hmm, I can view my scores in the test menu...

GaijinPunch

Thanks for the pic.  Looks like the Pop is the *EXACT* same design as the instruction card.  Maybe that's why they didn't post it?  Hmm... looks nice though.  Looking forward to dropping loads on this one.

MrMonkeyMan

Ok, I'm dumb.  I apparently never tried pushing any buttons when the high scores were being displayed, only directions.  All the high scores are there.

SuperPang

rtw

Quote from: MrMonkeyManWell, email sent to Fujita, we'll see what happens from here.
Did you play in freeplay ? There have been issues with freeplay in CAVE games before.

Could you pop it out of freeplay and try a coin ?

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

SuperPang

No crashes in freeplay here, yet anyway

This whole Bomb/Power mode thing is an odd way to approach accessibility. Bomb is really quite easy, purely because you can milk hyper mode and the heaps of bombs to death! I guess they didn't want to mess with the bullet patterns Mushi style.

Power feels quite fresh actually. Its a nice contrast jumping from one to another.

EOJ

Quote from: SuperPang No battery?
Wow, weird! This board must be slightly revised from the other SH3 boards if there is no lithium battery in the corner. Also weird that they moved the serial sticker to that spot.
My score archive

rtw

Quote from: EOJWow, weird! This board must be slightly revised from the other SH3 boards if there is no lithium battery in the corner. Also weird that they moved the serial sticker to that spot.
It does not look like a revised board. They have just manufactured it with a DNM (Do Not Mount) list.

The battery just powers the real time clock in the RTC 9701.

The only use I have seen of the RTC is in Ibara with the live clock in the rose garden.

Now speaking of Ibara does anyone know the names of the ships that Bond & Dyne use ?

rtw

jpj

Quote from: rtwNow speaking of Ibara does anyone know the names of the ships that Bond & Dyne use ?
http://www.gamengai.com/bn_inf.php?type=translation&id=1294&p=3

;)

rtw

Quote from: jpj
Quote from: rtwNow speaking of Ibara does anyone know the names of the ships that Bond & Dyne use ?
http://www.gamengai.com/bn_inf.php?type=translation&id=1294&p=3

;)
Thank you jpj, now back to fukkatsu :D

rtw

gsl

What's up with those 9 solder points in the top right corner of the board in the vague shape of a DB9 connector?  Makes me think of how some Neo Geo MVS boards have the controller ports mounted on them.  An aid to consolizing a Cave game perhaps?

cannonball

Quote from: gslWhat's up with those 9 solder points in the top right corner of the board in the vague shape of a DB9 connector?  Makes me think of how some Neo Geo MVS boards have the controller ports mounted on them.  An aid to consolizing a Cave game perhaps?
Looks like a 10 pin JTAG.  Maybe used to re-program the boards or update versions.  (Possible to actually change the game altogether to another cave SH-3 game?)

EOJ

That section of the PCB had a port mounted on the Mushi PCB, but has been empty for every SH3 game after. No one really knows what it was used for on the Mushi PCB.
My score archive

cannonball

lol I was looking at the wrong spot.  I see what you're talking about now.

rtw

Kaneda

A very short video up on the torrent site showing the final stretch of 1-5: http://b-board.rdy.jp/torrent/details.php?info_hash=0d572c9683618f251c01b949b17e5d758567670b

Good dodging, but he uses a bomb despite what the 'no hyper, no bomb, no miss' title claims.

Ast-Kot

Played with my friends tonight at Shibuya's Kaikan.....He reach over 8bilion's score with typeB and over 10.000 of chain in the 4? stage...:) I'm playing for reach 2bilions...:|
The 5? stage is very difficult...:|
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

GaijinPunch

Man, wish you would've told me you were going.  I would have swung by.  The air is really bad at night though in that place.  I generally go on my way to the gym, during a break from work.  I broke 1 billion finally.  I'm only averaging about 2-3 bombs per run though, so of course I don't get nearly as far as I could.

Ast-Kot

I was in Shibuya with my friends for university nomikai and returning home I went there and I found my friends that has finished work...:)
I don't like that place too---but 50yen for a run are good...:righton: Next time I send u a e-mail....;)

gsl

Did anyone ever figure out for sure how to call out the DDP bosses in place of the midboss?  I watched a few guys playing today, and I think I figured out what all the confusion was about tanks and sensha a few pages back: there's the part close to the start of level 1 with a bunch of big round silo-looking buildings ('tanks') that you're supposed to destroy before they get run over by tanks ('sensha').  As the tanks are quite resiliant, it's better to take out the buildings yourself rather than attempt to stop the tanks first.  Plus, the initial tank comes very quickly amid a cloud of small enemies, so you'd better be sure you've got a leg up on things before you attempt it.

At least, that's the way it looked to me.  Sorry if I'm late to the party and somebody else already explained this.

Ast-Kot

For call out the fisrt secret mid boss you have to destruct very fast almost 3 of the big fuel tanks with your fire and not with the explosion of the sensha said to me my friend that always get it...and you have to have the hyper gauge full---:)

GaijinPunch

"Hyper gauge full".  That's the problem. :)

Ast-Kot

It's not a problem cause there are two bees at the begining of the stage---the problem is the destruction of the tanks I think....I saw my friend do a strange and difficult patter to destruct their....If call out the special mid you can reach over 350milions out of the first stage and over a billion at the end of the second stage....:oogle:

GaijinPunch

Well, I was triggering the hyper immediately when the gauge was full.  I'll try without it.

hermosaguy

I still am having a hard time triggering that secret mid boss :(

GaijinPunch

I saw a guy do all 5 of them today.

Gwyrgyn

You mean 6? There's two in the last stage of course.

Anyone know if you can get them again in the second loop or not?

Ast-Kot

If you use the hyper at the begining of the first stage you can't reach rhe hidden mid...:)
There are 2 hidden mid in the 5?stage...:)