Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu [CAVE 2008]

Started by EOJ, January 28, 2008, 03:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaijinPunch

Real pertinent info there.  Thanks, Cave!

EOJ

Looks like both safe spots on Hibachi are gone in ver 1.5. It also looks like some of the bullet patterns have been sped up.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

elf

Quote from: EOJLooks like both safe spots on Hibachi are gone in ver 1.5. It also looks like some of the bullet patterns have been sped up.
Thats the most awesome news i heard so far!

SuperPang

Mine are back at the end of the week. Anyone want a 1.5 kit? :D

zlk

The TLB in 1.5 is now insanely difficult.  The bullet cancelling doesn't seem to work and the boss also seems to have more hit points.  :shock:

EOJ

Arcadia is accepting scores for 8 categories in DDF 1.5:

http://www.arcadiamagazine.com/cgi-bin/highscore_rule.cgi

They have separate charts for types A and B, bomb and power styles, and Normal and Ura loops.
They are still accepting scores for ver 1.0 as well, for some weird reason. They're probably waiting for both loop types and both power and bomb styles to be 2-ALL'd with counterstops.
My score archive

Plasmo

Why don't they accept scores with Type C (the heli) ?

EOJ

Yeah, that is pretty weird. Must be some sort of mistake.
My score archive

AlephNull

They now accept all 12 categories for v1.5. (Maybe the site's just been updated to fix this?)

EOJ

Looks like the scores are getting high for power style, a Japanese player posted a score of over 300bil on 2Ch today:

That's over 3x the ver 1.0 counterstop. It'll be interesting to see how high they'll be able to push it.
My score archive

EOJ

Official site has been updated with a Stage 1 map:

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/daifukkatu/stage/index.html

It includes both Normal and Ura routes.
My score archive

elf

EOJ

The routes when you unlock the DDP midbosses.
My score archive

MrMonkeyMan

I finally got my game back today and threw in a quick credit.  It was the easiest clear of all time.  I must have been hit around 20 times, incredibly sloppy and I still had one more life.  I didn't get the loop though.

I don't think any enemy patters have changed, other than the mentioned Hibachi changes.  Just the scoring and the new ship type.

So what are the Normal and Ura loops?  Is it just whether you unlocked the secret midbosses or not, or are there two different loops?

Ast-Kot

The are two loops: tsuujou and ura loops as ketsui...:lol:

the difference between the 2 loops is the number of the bullets on the screen.....

For the tsuujou loop you have to catch 35 bees....I normally enter in the ura loop but I don't know how I can do it...;)
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

EOJ

According to 2CH, while the exact conditions needed to enter the Ura loop aren't known, doing the following will allow you to enter:

-Use no more than 2 bombs
-Die no more than 1 time
-Trigger all the hidden midbosses
-Collect 45 Bees

@MMM: from what I've read some minor changes were made to the stage chains that make you approach some parts differently from 1.0. Unless you memorized a complete chain for each stage in ver 1.0, you probably won't notice.
My score archive

MrMonkeyMan

Does anyone know what the real requirements are for getting the secret midboss on stage 3?  I cannot get him to appear anymore and it's really annoying.  Simply collecting all the bees is not enough, and destroying all those huge cannons doesn't seem to matter either.  I really have no clue.

EOJ

Here's the info I got from 2Ch:

For stages 1-3, you just need to get all the bees to trigger the hidden midbosses. For stage 4, you just need to have triggered the midbosses on two out of three of the first three stages (eg. trigger stages 1 and 3, and you'll get stage 4's hidden midboss). If, however, you bomb, autobomb, or die on a midboss, you will lose the ability to see the next stage's hidden midboss, no matter what you do. This is the same as ver 1.0, apparently.
My score archive

sven666

did they remove that "destroying the tanks at a time" bullshit for triggering the stage 1 midboss?

EOJ

My score archive

GaijinPunch

If you miss a bee on stage one after the midboss, will you fail to trigger the stage 2 midboss?

MrMonkeyMan

Quote from: GaijinPunchIf you miss a bee on stage one after the midboss, will you fail to trigger the stage 2 midboss?
No, as far as I can tell you will always get the 2nd midboss as long as you don't die on the first midboss.

Still can't trigger the 3rd midboss.  I've tried everything I can think of.  No miss, all bees for the first 3 stages doesn't work. Either there's a score requirement, or somethings changed here because I pretty much always got him to appear in 1.0, but I've yet to see him in 1.5.

EOJ

Are you always getting the hidden midbosses on stages 1 and 2? I would assume so, but just asking. You need to do that to get it on stage 3.
My score archive

MrMonkeyMan

Yeah, I'm always doing that.  You could unlock the 3rd midboss without getting the first two in 1.0, but it doesn't seem like anything works now.

It is a mystery.

EOJ

Pretty weird, I guess you should just study what the guy does in the stage 3 vid on niconico.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

I was under the impression that the requirements for the 3rd midboss in 1.0 were:

-Trigger and destroy the 2nd midboss *OR* trigger 2nd midboss, let him escape, and get all bees on stage 2.

Of course this is my overhearing ramd21 talking to KOT, so I could very well be mistaken.

MrMonkeyMan

Mystery solved!

I completely forgot about the first bee on stage 2.  Got it and he appears.  And then I went all the way to 2-5.  The start of 2-5 is impossible without hypers I say.

I noticed all the small helicopters weren't as brutal as they were in 1.0.  Perhaps I was always making the Ura loop before, and this was the normal loop?  That was pretty much the only difference I noticed.

I don't think triggering the 2nd midboss is required for the 3rd midboss.  I remember getting him all the time in 1.0 before I could do the trick on stage 1 to get the midbosses going.

I will start one more paragraph with I.

EOJ

My score archive

MrMonkeyMan

This game is just too easy, at least on the first loop.  I thought using power mode would make things a little harder, but nah, using the hyper while using the boost makes you unstoppable, even at level 5 hyper.  As long as you can handle switching between shot and laser you're golden.