Main Menu

Radilgy Noa [JP Wii]

Started by EOJ, December 01, 2009, 12:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Wii port of this failed arcade shmup due out on 2/10/2010:

http://sp-game.cocolog-nifty.com/38/2009/11/wii20100210-fb0.html

It will include an exclusive Wii arrange mode called "Illvelo Calorie Off", which is obviously based on Illvelo.

In case anyone cares.

UPDATE: Release date moved to 2/25/2010.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

gsl

I care...  :(

Did it do pretty terribly in the arcades or something?  Haven't really kept up with it.

Now if only Nintendo would stop being dicks about trying to brick your console if you have so much as a utility for playing imports installed...

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

twoup

I was looking forward to this, mostly due to the illvelo related and 2 player modes and the bastard got delayed. I don't know why they want it out the same time as Espgaluda II, seems insane.

EOJ

Mihara (of Arika company) was sent a brand new copy of Radirgy Noa today from a top guy at Milestone, much to his surprise (as it won't be released until the 25th)!

http://mihara.sub.jp/top/blog/sb203/log/eid10494.html

My score archive

EOJ

Famitsu score (for those who care)

Radirgy Noa Wii (Wii, Milestone): 6, 7, 6, 5 - (24/40)
My score archive

twoup

I got this with espgaluda II and finally managed to find a bit of time for it. I'm not overly impressed with the main game, it's very hard to even get hit for most of the game then the last stage or two throw quick lasers all over the place and it feels a bit cheap, as does most of the backgrounds being the same looking city. I don't know what they're trying to do with those brief boss fight stages between real stages either. I had a go at 2p mode but since I hadn't played much there were only a few credits available and my woman used them all then I'd play for a bit, get talked at and die.

I didn't realise the Illvelo part of the disc is the entire game. They've swapped the colours on all sorts of stuff (looks a bit more vibrant now), made the weapons the same as Radirgy Noah, changed some enemy formations and bullets & generally made the game even easier. I could be wrong but the weapons seemed to level up a bit faster. I didn't see any lasers and was able to take all forms of the stage 4 boss down no problem which doesn't always work out for me in normal Illvelo. I haven't played enough to tell but the scoring doesn't seem that different, the extend values are the same at least. In any case 'still' is a good name for the arrange mode because Illvelo is still the best Milestone game.

Despite this new version of the game, I don't feel bad for having purchased Illvelo when it came out as the stand alone release features a hard mode, special stage mode and a config menu that the new version doesn't have plus it came with a super replay dvd. It's nice to have them both really.