Main Menu

Deathsmiles

Started by EOJ, December 09, 2007, 06:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAR

I can't figure out how to get FileBank to work so I could download the replays. Can someone tell us how to navigate through FileBank, or just upload to Megaupload, please?

EOJ

It's a pretty boring vid, not worth downloading IMO. It just shows two safe spots on the Tree boss.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

gsl

If one of them's the one I'm thinking of, you can find a clip with it on YouTube--it's a bit blurry, but once you've seen the safe spot you'll wonder how it is you missed it before.

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApHS6QMKxxA

Plasmo

DVD and OST will be available @play-asia btw.
I don't have the links, just search.

EOJ

Promo Movie for the superplay DVD is up:

http://cave.shop-pro.jp/?mode=f6

They reveal the players are:

Windia: Clover-TAC
Casper: SWY
Follett: Dame K.K.
Rosa: IML-YUJ

ALL of the scores are over 600mil. :shock:
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Shocker.  The same people making love to a cab.
Can't wait.

drboom

For some reason I can't get the Cave video link to work for me - I found it on youtube for those with the same problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r51qKoDapcI

jpj

cannonball

Quote from: EOJPromo Movie for the superplay DVD is up:

http://cave.shop-pro.jp/?mode=f6

They reveal the players are:

Windia: Clover-TAC
Casper: SWY
Follett: Dame K.K.
Rosa: IML-YUJ

ALL of the scores are over 600mil. :shock:
Can't wait for this!

HUU

windia  Clover-TAC
612,024,038 pts.
casper SWY
607,878,422 pts.
folet K.K
636,823,482 pts.
rosa IML-星白金-YUJ
634,694,764 pts.

cannonball

DS board came in the mail today.  This game is tons of fun.  Can't wait for the superplay and soundtrack to come out.
Now if I could just figure out how to bomb the counter back up to 1000 successfully :laugh:

rtw

Just back from a small holiday, can anyone update me on the current price for a DS kit ?

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

cannonball

Quote from: rtwJust back from a small holiday, can anyone update me on the current price for a DS kit ?

rtw
fujita is around 138K yen
exellectcom is 1600 USD
YAJ has had a few at 110K yen

As of last week.

GaijinPunch

Just wait... cheaper ones will come by... unless you're dying to play it.

thegreathopper

Quote from: GaijinPunchJust wait... cheaper ones will come by... unless you're dying to play it.
I wish the price would drop on these newer games, I bought Mushi, ESP2, Ibara, Mushi Futari all under $1000 a year or so after they came out but Death Smiles, Muchi Pork seem to be holding their value for much longer.

GaijinPunch

Death Smiles is a faster drop than Futari or MMP.  It's only been out like 7 months, and the kit has hit ~100,000 yen.

thegreathopper

Quote from: GaijinPunchDeath Smiles is a faster drop than Futari or MMP.  It's only been out like 7 months, and the kit has hit ~100,000 yen.
If I could buy one for ~100,000 yen I would buy it today, cheapest I have seen is $1400 inc fees, shipping etc.

GaijinPunch

There was a board only for 75,000 yen, then a kit w/ BIN for 110,000.  I don't see $300 in fees on top of that happening.

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunchThere was a board only for a BIN of 75,000 yen,
That sold so fast not even you could nab it! Thus not very indicative of the current going rate for the game.

Quotethen a kit w/ BIN for 110,000.  I don't see $300 in fees on top of that happening.
There were a bunch of kits (NOS) in the range of 110K~130Kyen by one seller on YAJ (nana yuu ru)- I bought mine from them. Hopefully the seller has more (I think they've sold 3-4 of them so far). If not you'll be out of luck for now as no one else is selling them so cheaply.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

QuoteIf not you'll be out of luck for now as no one else is selling them so cheaply.
But everyone *is* listing them for a similar price (130,000 - 140,000).  Seems there's no shortage of PCBs, which means the price will drop.  With MMP, Fujita seemed to be the only one to have new kit at that price point.  Now, everyone does, which is a good thing (for us, of course).

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunch
QuoteIf not you'll be out of luck for now as no one else is selling them so cheaply.
But everyone *is* listing them for a similar price (130,000 - 140,000).
By cheaply I was referring to your 100k~110K level. 130-140K yen is the standard going rate at Fujita, and is not what many would consider cheap, as it's over $1400 with fees and shipping, like thegreathopper said.

I still haven't heard any word of a second print of DS, and the new kits on YAJ have been listed as "New Old Stock", which makes me think they're just clearing the remaining stock at around 110K and then it'll be sold out. Will have to wait and see of course.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

I'm going to roll the dice and wait.  Then again, I have the art set/box/poster already, so I can totally live with just a PCB.  The reason I see the price dropping is b/c even GFront has them listed at 140,000 yen.  They *NEVER* have competitive prices for the Cave stuff, and they do a ton more business than Fujita.  Leads me to believe AMI have way more than they want.  Again, all deductive.  Time will tell.

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunchLeads me to believe AMI have way more than they want.
Yeah, could very well be. Though maybe they're done doing large "second" or "third" prints, and they just make a small bunch every couple of weeks (perhaps to order?), and when those sell they make another small bunch and so on, for as long as it's selling for over 100Kyen and turning them a nice profit. Might be their new business strategy after getting burned on excessive extra prints of Ibara and Galuda II. Nothing from Mushi Futari onward has sold for less than 100Kyen for a new kit from the shops. Futari 1.5 is also the last game confirmed to have a real second print.
My score archive

Budloc

Quote from: GaijinPunch
But everyone *is* listing them for a similar price (130,000 - 140,000).  Seems there's no shortage of PCBs, which means the price will drop.  With MMP, Fujita seemed to be the only one to have new kit at that price point.  Now, everyone does, which is a good thing (for us, of course).
i'll wait a price drop for Death Smiles, i'm not sure about how addictive this game is, and like gaijinpunch said, it seems there is plenty left, so i'd rather wait for this one.
I just ordered MMP from Fujita, Yumi told me she had only 5 kits left, i hope mine will arrive within one week :)

jpj

Quote from: BudlocYumi told me she had only 5 kits left
she's good, that one ;)

sven666

Quote from: jpj
Quote from: BudlocYumi told me she had only 5 kits left
she's good, that one ;)
:laugh: yumi always only has 5 kits left..

Budloc

haha that's good to know, btw all i want is to play MMP :cool:

jaycm1

just wondering who was the cheif programer on deathsmiles and what other work has he done for cave?

EOJ

The main programmer is Takashi Ichimura. He's been with CAVE for a long time, he helped program Ketsui and Mushi Futari, and he did Dangun Feveron as well. Tsuneki Ikeda and Yuji Inoue also worked as programmers for Deathsmiles.
My score archive

jaycm1

thanks for the info EOJ still cant't decide what game to buy next :rolleyes: