Main Menu

CAVE 1 UP's

Started by rtw, February 12, 2008, 04:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtw

Anyone have a list of the 1UP's available and how to get them in the various CAVE games ?

There is a list at shmups but it's sort of unclear since lots of the
references don't mention which game it is for :confused:

. Donpachi
. DoDonpachi
. Esprade
. Guwange
. Dangun Feveron
. Progear
. Dodonpachi Dai-ou-jou
. Ketsui
. Espgaluda
. Mushihimesama
. Ibara
. Espgaluda II
. Pink Sweets
. Mushihimesama Futari
. Muchi Muchi Pork
. Deathsmiles

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

Plasmo

Donpachi: Stage 1-4. In the big tower right after the section where the orange boxes are to the left and right. You're not allowed to bomb it. Not available in second loop.
Dodonpachi: Stage 1-3 and 2-3. In the very last big red tower. You're not allowed to bomb it. You have to destroy the 6 orange boxes before.
Dangun Feveron: It appears after 2300 collected discomen.
Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou: Stage 1-4 and 2-4. In the big cannon towards the second half of the stage. You're not allowed to bomb it. You have to destroy the bits to the left and right of it first.
Ketsui: Stage 1-3 and 2-3. In the big ship midboss. You're not allowed to bomb it. Stage 1-5 and 2-5. Destroy the two enemies that look like your Type A and Type B ship right before the midboss. You're not allowed to bomb.
Espgaluda: Stage 3. Destroy one of the last bits of the stage that's surrounded by turets. You have to be in Kakusei mode.
Mushihimesama: Stage 3. in the head of the giant bug right before the boss. You have to destroy all 8 parts on the left and right before.
Ibara: Stage 4. Destroy the midboss. You have to destroy all parts of his arms first.
Espgaluda II: Stage 3. Right before the boss on the left side inside a stone. You have to take out all parts of the midboss before and you have to be in Kakusei mode when you're shooting the stone.
Pink Sweets: Stage 3. When you see two tanks coming from the left, weaken the first one and let the second one roll over it. Stage 5. In the last tower. You have to destroy all the other towers before. Stage 7. When the third gate opens, destroy both wheels on one side of the first tank and let the second tank roll over it. If you do so with the second tank too, you get another life.
Mushihimesama Futari: Stage 5. In one of the houses when you get the bomb item after the midboss.

I didn't list the score based extends for each game.
I don't know the 1UP locations and conditions for: Esprade, Guwange, Progear, Muchi Muchi Pork and Death Smiles. I'm sure someone else can help out.

EOJ

I wrote about MMP's 1up in my guide - you just have to destroy the stage 3 midboss with your lard attack when the lard gauge is EMPTY.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SinHo

ESPGaluda II:
Destroy the six parts of the mid-boss in Stage 3 AND not use the barrier (incl. auto) from the mid-boss until 1-up.

zakk

The Esprade 1up is at the beginning of stage 4. There's a train on the right side traveling fast towards the bottom of the screen. Be over it and shooting and you'll get the 1up as the end of the last car passes under you.

Kaneda

Progear: In 1-4 and 2-4, at the section with the two platforms that come down from the right side of the screen, destroy the left one then the right one and the 1-up will appear.

Guwange: There are a number of health items in the game and one 'banquet' item that refills all of your health bars. The first health item is in stage 3 at the area with three statues. Their placement is random, but if you kill the biggest one with your shikigami it will release a fountain that contains a health item and bomb item. The second health item is in stage 4 when you kill the worm boss (you can't bomb it). This health item will fill one bars worth, so if you have a sliver in one bar and two empty bars, it will fill the first and you'll have a sliver in the second bar, whereas most of the health items will just fill whatever bar is damaged. In stage 5, a small carriage that drops a health item will come down from the top of the stage at the section after the dancing girls and before you reach the building with all the ninja. In stage 6, the section with the spiders has a regular health item when you kill one of the spiders and the banquet item when you kill one of the last spiders in the section. I scanned a section from Gamest that illustrates it better:

Also, the carriages at the end of the stage that race by will drop a health item each when destroyed, but you won't get any if you bomb. Finally, the first form of the stage 6 boss has torches on the left and right sides: one drops a bomb, the other a health item.

gsl

Deathsmiles:  There's three total life-up items that I'm aware of.  First is in the swamp stage; destroy the wrecked car about 2/3 of the way through for an item that restores half of a life bar.  Second is in the volcano stage; destroy the ogre monster about 1/4 of the way down for another half life-up item.  The third is in the Final stage; beat Jitterbug without using any bombs and recieve a cake that fully restores your health.  I'm not sure if there are any others hidden in the game; also, the above items were found while playing on skill rank 2 (swamp) and 3 (volcano and Final, no suicide bullets) so I'm not sure if other or more stronger items appear if you rank 3 the whole game or whatever.

KOMA

You can obtain life up item in port town in beating a giant ennemies.

gsl

Really?  What do you have to do to get it?

KOMA

I'm not sure but it depends if you are in rank 3/2 maybe
need to dig it

markedkiller78

Quote from: zakk on February 12, 2008, 07:05:37 PM
The Esprade 1up is at the beginning of stage 4. There's a train on the right side traveling fast towards the bottom of the screen. Be over it and shooting and you'll get the 1up as the end of the last car passes under you.

You cant use your Bomb / charge attack when the last car passes. If you do it detroys the life.

Default score extends are 4m & 8m

Drakon

for ketsui the stage 3 midboss you actually have to destroy the parts in a certain order otherwise it won't work.  For the stage 5 extend I noticed that after taking out the big tank thing you seem to have to clear the turrets at the top of the screen before finishing off the second ship like yours otherwise you don't get that extend

grotto

Quote from: Plasmo on February 12, 2008, 07:04:44 AM

Ketsui: Stage 1-3 and 2-3. In the big ship midboss. You're not allowed to bomb it. Stage 1-5 and 2-5. Destroy the two enemies that look like your Type A and Type B ship right before the midboss. You're not allowed to bomb.

charlienash87

are there any requirements for the futari 1up, or is it just there in the house?
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

Plasmo

You're not allowed to bomb the midboss I think.

GaijinPunch

Midboss okay -- can't bomb the house.  This goes for autobomb in arrange (etc) modes.

There should be a "most annoying 1UP" vote.  ESPGaluda II would get mine.

ookitarepanda

Bumping this thread just because I recently acquired ESPra.de and wasn't sure I remembered correctly on the 1up.

I guess at this point I can add
DFK 1.5 - Stage 3. Only a couple screens before the final boss, blow up the gumball machine (as I call him) without bombing and the 1up will appear.

ookitarepanda

Bump for Saidaioujou?

Too bad Akai Katana doesn't have one...

Muchi Muchi Spork

Katana doesn't need one, not even in Limited Red Mode, in my opinion.