Main Menu

homura ps2

Started by charlienash87, July 30, 2008, 08:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlienash87

If you haven't heard of this shmup, it's definitely worth looking into. It was developed by skonec which is a korean company that also made the psyvariar series. The gimmick in this game is quite unique. It involves a short ranged melee attack that recharges over time and does a few different things at once involving: reflecting bullets which not only kills enemies but also gives a substantial amount of points based off the number of bullets times your current multiplier, instantly kills all current enemies on the screen, and a multiplier  resulting from the enemies destroyed by it. Last i checked the first and second stages were on youtube. There is a true last boss in this game that i have made it to a couple of times, he reminds me of a cave boss. This game should only run around $30-$40 and all shmup fans should own it.
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

jonny5

agreed....homura is a phenomenal game that surprisingly gets very little mention in the community.....

the graphics are tight too.....

pretty nice scoring system....i like this game more than psyvariar......

Plasmo

Fantastic game and one of my all time favourites. The music and bullet patterns are incredibly good, it's perfect. I'm definitely going to play this one again soon.

charlienash87

Don't think there is a super replay dvd to this game and i don't why there isn't. But, that might change when it gets an arcade release!
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

EOJ

Quote from: charlienash87 on August 02, 2008, 03:57:14 AM
But, that might change when it gets an arcade release!

The game was released in the arcade before the PS2. World Record score is 2.5+bil. A superplay vid would be really cool, but the game doesn't seem popular in Japan, so don't hold your breath.

I thought it was a pretty good game.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Third_strike

Seeing this topic now I like Homura too it's one cool game with one sweet score system!

C :righton: :righton: l!