Main Menu

Mon finally did it!

Started by zlk, September 23, 2010, 04:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zlk

He defeated dodonpachi dai ou jou death label.  This is quite an accomplishment.  You can read about it here:

http://moon.ap.teacup.com/qwertyuiop/1244.html#comment

This is in my opinion one of the most impressive feats in video gaming.  :righton:

lmagus

did he record it? was he the first one to do so?

zlk

Mon records most of his stuff and more importantly he releases his videos for people to watch.  Hopefully we will be able to see his play soon.  If he made a dvd, I would buy it.   

Medal

Pig disgusting. I can't wait to see it. A year or two ago when I got the PS2 port I got a little over 1B with A-E. I can't imagine getting that much with A-L, much less 2-ALLing the thing.

njiska

I thought he had uploaded it to Nico Nico, but it looks like the latest run ends in failure.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

CIB

"7 years but I finally did it, I beat you you **** **** **** game !!!"

Wondering if he jumped all around his place shouting after that  :righton:

skykid

Quote from: CIB on September 24, 2010, 07:57:29 AM

"7 years but I finally did it, I beat you you **** **** **** game !!!"

Wondering if he jumped all around his place shouting after that  :righton:

I would've jumped out the window.

I'd be happy with a regular 1cc on DOJ.  :-[
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

Medal

The advantages to learning something like DOJ Death Label are that: 1. it's shorter, so there's less to learn 2. there are tons of tricks 3. something
I couldn't so much as clear Shikigami 2 when I got 1b at 1-5 in DL. The first loop isn't as hard as it seems. The second loop is fairly ridiculous though, although he has really good tricks for 1-lifing most of the game.

moozooh

Yeah, 2-5 is about an order of magnitude harder than the rest of the game, because you have to fight three disgustingly hard bosses in a row on a single life and with no bomb restock inbetween.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

fuse

Lordy. This is a world first I take it?

moozooh

Not if you believe the Japanese internet ranking page. But I found the score reported there suspicious because the figures just don't add up to the right amount.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

KOA

http://www.4gamer.net/games/042/G004287/20101007030/
There seems to be some interview posted between 4Gamer and MON (And a conversation between 4Gamer, Mihara, and MON after).
Not that I would know what it might be about but perhaps it may be an interesting read for those that are fluent in Japanese.

zlk

Anyone care to summarize or translate?  =D

EOJ

That's a really long interview. Most of it is pretty boring, but near the end, they say Mon will tackle Daifukkatsu Arrange A next (he has the game on preorder).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999