Xbox Series X/S - CAVE X360 backward compatibility

Started by EOJ, November 08, 2020, 06:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

With the new Xbox Series X/S released, I am optimistic that many of CAVE's STGs released on the X360 will gain backward compatibility on this new hardware. If rumors of Microsoft's plan to more aggressively target the Japanese market are true, this would be a good part of that plan.

So far, checking the official Xbox compatibility list, only Guwange is playable on the XS. In regard to the backward compatibility of other X360 STGs, so far we find both Bullet Soul games, Radiant Silvergun, Raiden IV, KOF Sky Stage, and I think a few more.

With the upcoming Deathsmiles I/II port by City Connection being released next year on the XS, it seems the X360 versions will not become backward compatible. A game like SDOJ really should, though, since Microsoft had a hand in producing that port for the 360. I am hopeful for Instant Brain too.  =D

In any case, please post updates here as more games are announced to be compatible. If they make all (or nearly all of them) backward compatible then I can finally retire my aging 360 and play these games on the XS in the near future.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SuperPang

Have they said they will make more X360 games BC than are already on Xbox One? Seems unlikely.

EOJ

From what I have read it seems they stopped backwards compatibility expansion on the Xbox One but plan to revive it on the Xbox Series X/S. This thread talks about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/fc4umn/any_word_on_if_they_will_be_expanding_the/

Here's hoping, at least.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999